Non-TF: DC Anton Arcane

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Nightwind, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Yet another figure to add to my personal Swamp Thing collection...

Anton Arcane has been Swamp Thing's nemesis for decades. Other than a chess piece and figure for the very short lived early 90's animated show, there has been no representation of Arcane in action figure form.

For this figure, I used DC Collectibles Swamp Thing as the body and Marvel Select Vulture for the head. I'm still not 100% sold on the head, but I really like the creepy smile he's got going on so it will do for now. The entire figure was base coated with Krylon gray primer and then multiple layers of pink, parchment, and light mocha Folk Art acrylics were dry-brushed on to give him a sort of undead mottled look. I think he's still a little light in color and will probably end up giving him another layer of the mocha to darken him up a bit. Eyes were painted gray and the mouth was painted parchment.

As always, comments and critique are appreciated!

DSCF4648.JPG

DSCF4649.JPG

DSCF4650.JPG

DSCF4651.JPG

DSCF4653.JPG

DSCF4670.JPG

DSCF4671.JPG

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Randym2002

Randym2002 Well-Known Member

3. PaperSheep

PaperSheep Well-Known Member

Could easily turn him into Seth from Street Fighter IV.

Nice work.

4. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Awesome work! You're killing it with these Swamp Thing customs.

5. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice, man. My only familiarity with this character was that old goofy Swamp Thing animated series where he turned into a big spider :) 

6. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Still haven't watched that film. It's been on my list for... years, I guess. I can definitely see the similarities!

Thanks! I had to Google Seth since I'm not much of a fighter gamer. The similarities are pretty insane! A yin/yang symbol sculpted over the abs would pretty much nail it!

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! I've been doing small projects on and off for years, but I've never had the passion on other customs as I do with anything related to Swamp Thing. I guess it's showing in the end results. :) 

Oh gosh! As a major fan of Swamp Thing, that show was exactly what a late 80's/early 90's cartoon was expected to be. The plus side is that it did give me figures and playsets for my favorite comic character. Arcane in the comics is actually pretty damn terrifying.

As I said, I'm not 100% sold on the head for Arcane on this project. I do have an idea for a different head, though. It should bring this custom closer to the feel of these pictures:
    Arcane.jpg

Arcane 2.jpg

Arcane 3.png