Days you wish you could go back in time...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by untitledblinkfa, Apr 18, 2011.

1. untitledblinkfa

untitledblinkfa Well-Known Member

Like a lot of folks, the new movies and old cartoon dvd releases got me back into the toys again as an adult. While it's been a fun time, it creates a lot of frustration as I constantly am reminded what figures I lost or were broken as a kid, not to scalp now, but for the costs to rebuy them today. But what burns me is the 23 year old who graduated college and decided he didn't need them anymore and threw most of them right in the trash, broke or not. The only ones saved were the original constructicons, power master prime, and sound wave...or so I thought. Went digging in my storage today to find..blaster and his tapes..which was cool, but turns out my memory was wrong..I threw away sound wave...let the sadness commence!

2. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I did the same thing, except instead of throwing my old transformers away after college I gave them to my brother who had started collecting before I did. Once I started collecting again, I was a little pissed that I gave all of my remaining transformers to him. On a positive note, two Christmas' ago while I was bringing the ornaments upstairs at my mom's house I found a box on a shelf that had lots of junk, but also my 1st transformer ever in it, Hound, he wasn't even hasbro stamped, just the circle takara. Ah memories.

3. LadyStarscream

LadyStarscream Queen of Cybertron

I sold the entire Season 1 & Season 2 G1 cast for under 100 bucks back in the late 80s early 90s. What can I say, I was a dumb kid, I was totally ripped off, but thought I got a good deal at the time. :dunce 

4. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

I wish I could go back to the early 2000's and tell myself instead of buying all the AEC stuff I did, buy gold and sliver.

I'd have a far greater return on the investment then buying the AEC stuff I'm trying to sell for less than face value.

5. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    selling my g1 collection to a comic shop for $50, would smack myself if i could, and passing up fort max on clearance

6. Kup-is-Dion

Kup-is-Dion Lord Cthulhu

I wish I could go back and keep myself from giving away my near complete collection of RID when I was going through my divorce.

7. katch26

katch26 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Is is bad if I just want to go back to stock up on doo-dads?

8. Inikalord

Inikalord Legal Binding Contracts

Ebay:
    Even though it's Fix'd, this is basically how I feel.

I just want to get rid of all the AEC stuff I have.

9. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I would go back in time and buy every G1 toy....pay with a check from my 2011 bank account.

10. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    ^I wouldnt mind going back to my childhood where G1 TF's were on the shelve at shopping mall toy isles. Dayum. good times, good times! :D 

11. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well above all else, I wish I'd taken better care of my toys as a child. Well, by this I mean not letting my "friends" wreck & steal their parts. I mean, I was usually pretty good with my stuff, but more often than not, it was other people that caused me to have broken & otherwise incomplete toys. For example, I literally spent days looking through boxes of shit to find the windows to my G2 Sideswipe & other various parts, but they're just gone.

Along with that, I'd go back in time & NOT let my dad send Ironhide home with my Grandma, as I'd know that he's not missing parts like we thought. Not even joking here. My Grandma knew I was into Transformers, so she brought some toys from Greece, one of them being the G1 Ironhide. Then when my dad opened the package & we put everything together, he saw that it didn't have a head (lol), thought it was a defect because of that, and basically sent it back with my Grandma to bring the full toy next time or something. It never came back, let alone with a "head". That's why I now only have the little base part, but not the actual robot.

12. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    My parents did it. They say they did not, but many are missing. Some I think I might have sold on a flea market. Anyhow I don't have as much left as I thought :( 

I miss some of them too...

13. mac&cheese

mac&cheese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, I did the exact same, and sold all of my g1 tyransformers for 100.00. which included 80% of the gi joe collection, 75% of the motu collection, most of the thuder cats, and a boat load of the original star wars. I traded them in for 100.00 of store credit to buy comic books.

14. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Well, I have no doubt that some of the little things (such as the construction parts) fell victim to the irl Unicron (vacuum cleaner), but I'm also pretty sure that a lot of things ended up getting stolen, probably by the same klepto "friend" who got away with literally every Power Ranger part that I can no longer find.

15. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    If I could go back in time, I would give my 1985 self a list of the G1 stuff he has to buy and how to store them properly. :) 

16. TrueNomadSkies

News Credits:
    Also in case anyone brings up the while "don't disturb the timeline" argument, my way around that is to say that anything I changed in the past would have already happened, and this will have no effect on the present.

Yep. That's my story & I'm sticking to it.

17. coppertop5150

coppertop5150 Well-Known Member

I would by as many fort max's as i could find msib.... say 100 or so

Then wait till now and sell one a month on ebay for the 10 years

making $2k - each .... thats a nice 20k a year extra cash

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd go back to relive the weeks that the local TG&Y store closed in my hometown, probably some time in 1985. To the best of my recollection, they had an entire aisle, both sides, filled with nothing but Transformers. Their supply seemed neverending, no matter how high the clearance prices went. I would buy every Megatron, every Swoop, every Wheeljack, Mirage, every Sunstreaker they had...

19. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I had one as well. He stole some Micromasters at my birthday party and in school I saw him playing with them, but I got them back. Although it took me a while to convince him...

20. Longwaysouth

Longwaysouth Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Back to the early/mid 90's when I sold almost all of my G1 TF's at a car boot sale including boxed and 100% complete Jetfire, Stunticon & Aerialbot giftsets, Grimlock, Optimus Prime and numerous others all for less than £5 each... :banghead: