Day of the Dead Remake trailer...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Jiggles, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Mr. Jiggles

Mr. Jiggles loves your mother.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Saw it earlier this morning. Looks like one of the worst acted movies ever made. I love me some zombie movies, but this one looks like ass. It's basicially a remake ripping off another remake. Lame, I'll stick with my classic zombie flicks.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    They sould have just continued from where "Dawn" left off. This is terrible!
    Nick Cannon?!?! Well judgeing from past Horror movies the formula should stay the same which would mean that Nick Cannon (Music-related star) would not die at all (remember LL Cool J, Buster Rhymes, Brandy?). Still, I can already tell that this movie's going to blow. I don't understand it. They had such a good base to continue from with "Dawn." Oh well, I guess no more Ving Rhames(wonder if I spelled his name right?).

4. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

All I can say is, "ew".. this looks terrible.

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    i cant get the video to work, but from the sounds of it im not missing much...however i do i agree they shoulda left of where dawn ended...it was great...and i came up with a treatment for a new night of the living dead that shows everything that happens from the bite victim in the beginning of dawn through the next morning...focused mostly on the little girls family and show the horrors of the night which ended up with her being the last survivor, and ultimately turning to the living dead side of life....

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Good god that looks awful.. Looks like something the Scif-Fi would make...

Dear god I hate the new "Running" Zombie ideas. Look at the original ones by Romero and Savini or the italian ones. Nice slow lumbering creatures. In single form easy to handle and escape. But the horror comes from them being in massive numbers. That is the fear. Being a single person or a small group and getting followed by them. That to me is better than zombies that suddenly turn into marathon runners.

I perfer the idea that if the dead do rise up I can at least out run them and last a while than to have a some track star run my ass down in two seconds and rip out my throat. At least with slow zombies you have a chance at survival. With fast zombies you are as good as dead, it is only a matter of time.

7. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    running zombies are easily avoided by barrel rolling.

8. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yay for crappy remakes! Why pay attention to the original movie when we can remake it and "improve" it! *cue giant rolleyes*

9. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Links broken. I love some Zombie movies, George Romero is da man..

10. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Trailer no worky..... I have no problem with fast zombies though...

11. Xabungle

Xabungle Well-Known Member

Link still down. I won't be seeing this in theaters - if it even makes it to theaters. But I know I will be buying it on DVD, because I'm completionist on anything that is remotely linked to Romero's zombie series.
    A shame everyone is giving this negative feedback too. If any of Romero's zombie movies could be improved, it would be "Day" - it never lived up to Romero's own original vision.

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    did anyone see house of the dead? the movie wasnt very good, but it had a great tie in to the games, and also had a decent explanation of zombie and the speed...the more recently deceased you are, the less stiff you are, hence more speed...which is cool for me...i like slow zombies, and fast....they're both scary...

13. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

From what I remember, the Dawn of the Dead remake seemed to indicate that the zombies moved fast when they were recently dead, and then got progressively slower as rigor mortis set in, which does make sense.

Anyhow, the idea of this day of the dead not following the same plotline as the original makes it a total pass, imo.

14. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I can't see the crappy trailer. :( 

What are some other good zombie movies by the way? Aside from Ramero's 4, and the remake of Dawn of the Dead (which i really liked personally)?

15. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

It's not really a zombie movie, but "28 Days Later" is of a similar vein, and quite a good flick to boot.

16. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Shaun of the Dead
    Dead Alive(kind of a silly movie but Peter Jackson FTW!)
    Evil Dead films kinda have zombies
    Always head that the Italian Zombi series were pretty good, but I haven't seen any personally.

Other zombie films I'm not so sure about, like the Night of the Living Dead films, which the last couple have been on Sci-fi and aren't the best films in the world.

17. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

There's Shaun of the Dead, Fulci's Zombie, The Return of the Living Dead series (Especially 1 and 3), Then there's The Beyond (featuring Zombies), City of the Living Dead, Brain Dead/Dead Alive, Undead, Dead and Breakfast, The Dead Hate the Living! (A BAD movie but one I like), The Reanimator Films, Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetary Man), Stacy.... I could go on...

18. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I guarantee it'll mop the floor with House of the Dead at the very least :D 

Remember, things could always be worse.

19. Mr. Jiggles

Dude, I actually bit my tongue because the first thing that came to mind was 'This looks like some Uwe Boll shit!' I'm trying not to jinx it. The first Ghost Rider trailer that came out last year on the net looked like shit, too, but then the theatrical trailer looked tizzight.
    I'm hoping this was just some early footage strung together for shits and giggles. It wasn't even a red-band trailer...

20. Mr. Jiggles

And here's a different site with the trailer...

www.fangasm.com

Enjoy! (or not.)