Day/Night time problems and credits....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by KMITB, Jul 5, 2007.

1. KMITB

KMITB The dub voice of Prime

News Credits:
    I have only seen the movie once....and loved it greatly...but the one thing that bothered me was the shifting from day to night so quickly. The first scene with Blackout heading to the army base in the desert. It was bright sunshine when he first was spotted and then when he landed, it was pretty much night....even though he was only 10 miles out. Also, when Sam was driving Makaliah home after picking her up on the side of the road...it was daylight...and then when he dropped her off, it was pitch black. I can't imagine this "park" was real far from home. Plus, we can only assume, that with her attitude, they didn't go out to eat or anything before the drive home. I know that this stuff happens a lot in flicks, but anyone else notice this?

Also, was it me, or were there no opening credits with a listing of the principle actors? Maybe I completely missed it, but I don't remember seeing names. If not, I don't recall a movie that did that before.

Later on,
    K

2. Skitch76

Skitch76 Well-Known Member

I noticed the day & night thing too...at least with Blackout. With Sam and Mikaela, not so much. I must've just thought they had driven a long time. In fact, what went through my mind when they pulled up and it was dark was, "is it 11:00...did he miss his curfew?" = )

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    you forgot when, Barricade and Bumblebee fought it was night time! but it had JUST been morning when Bumblebee started driving after Sam. He even said "morning Mojo"

4. Ass Nacho

Ass Nacho Awesome Gooey

Yeah I noticed all those things as well. I wasn't really bothered with the day/night transistion. It was like a "huh". thats it. However, it did bug the hell out of my buddy. Lol. With the opening credits, I don't remember seeing any names pop up. Maybe I was just too excited about finally seeing the movie and totally didn't pay attention to them.

5. Skitch76

Skitch76 Well-Known Member

OK, I lied then...that was the time I noticed it! I knew there was one time I thought it was weird.

6. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I noticed that one too. My wife said he's a teenager, maybe 2pm is morning to him and it got dark at 5pm. :lol 

7. LOSTaddict815

LOSTaddict815 Well-Known Member

yeah Sam said that she lived 10 miles away and it doesnt get dark that fast. but yeah i noticed it all too.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Yeah, I noticed all the day/night things has well. just one of the problems you shoot a movie scene by scene and in no particular order. The details get lost. Really, the movie could have benefitted greatly from another 6 months worth of editing.

9. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    the most noticeable Day/Night time would be the Blackout scene for me.

10. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Yeah I noticed all of those and found them hilarious...I viewed the continuity problems as another nod to G1.

11. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    :lolol  :lolol  that's awesome

12. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Thats funny, but if this were any other movie people would be bitching their asses off about how much that made the movie suck.

13. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

As BLACKOUT approaches the base the sun seems to be setting, and the stand-off may not be 100% 'real time'. I don't think it's a significant flaw - Maybe sundown seems faster in the desert because it's so flat and there are no tall buildings to cast deceptive shadows.

14. tarheels

tarheels Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did anyone notice that when Ironhide knocked out the electricity in Sam's back yard the whole block was without power. But in the nect scene, Sector Seven shows up at the house and the whole block has power again. I wish my electric company fixed a blown transformer in 5 mins, instead of 5 hours.

15. RHansen

RHansen Sir. Ranbotnic Veteran

News Credits:
    sam and mikela went out afterwards, she said "i had a really good time tonight" or something similar, so they obviously spent some time together

blackout was flying right at sunset, so its possible being 10 miles out, that it got dark by the time he got there

the one thing that bugged the hell out of me is the scene when hes in the room eating donuts

the plate is full, empty, half full, one piece, empty, few pieces, etc

its annoying

16. paskal

paskal SHWOOOO!!

Since we're bitching, the only one that gets me is where Prime turns around to face Bonecrusher on a flat 10 lane highway, then cut and they're falling off of the top of a high-speed interchange. I was hoping there was more tumbling around between those two.

And no title credits when the biggest star in the movie is a CGI character.

17. KMITB

KMITB The dub voice of Prime

News Credits:
    Well....I guarantee there is a lot of footage that would fill some of those time gaps, but were cut. As was mentioned in another thread...this missing parts could be added in for a "Special Edition" DVD. This kind of movie is made for DVD!!!

18. MrGhoul

MrGhoul Predacon Secret Police

I've only seen the movie once so far but the only day/night shift I found jarring was during the Bumblebee/Barricade encounter. When Barricade interrogates Sam it's daytime then a few shots after the car chase ensues it's completely night.

I don't remember any either but there's been plenty of movies that have not had opening credits. Star Wars immediately comes to mind. I don't recall the LOTR or Matrix movies having any either. But it's not uncommon.

19. ILoveDinobot

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Ratchet knocked the power out. But I think at one point in that scene the father said "power is back on" and all the lights went back on. I forget exactly when it was but it was before the sector seven guys get there.