Day 1 locked "Multiplayer Havoc" DLC...

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Tiller, Aug 21, 2012.

1. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    In a way...that makes a heck of a lot of sense. But they could have at least warned us. The thing that really sucks about it is that I am going to by it right when I get the game.

2. UndeadMonkeyGuy

UndeadMonkeyGuy Logic Meister

News Credits:
    WHY!!!

Damn you High Moon!!!

Now I've got to shave Matt Tiegers beard off!!

3. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    ^ dont forget to post pics!!

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

So it's impossible to unlock these guys without buying them as DLC. Well they can fuck off. I couldn't buy that if I wanted to. I've changed my bank account and I've forgotten my password on PSN so I can't get the money into it.

For a moment I confused Blast Off with Vortex. That really would have pissed me off as Vortex is the only helicopter. Oh well, at least there's nobody there I really care about but I feel sorry for those who are.

I miss the days when all FOC news was good.

5. trdkamuri51o

trdkamuri51o Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well welcome to the future of gaming.. DLC... its a way for studios to get a bit more from the impatient crowd... the bad thing is most of us want this game so they know they can eek out a few more bucks and long term sales once they include the DLC ala' GOTY edition..

we dont want to pay more for games out of the box and games like this lack the giant following of BF3 AND MW3... so they have to push a lil more to make profit and bring you your next game...

enjoy everyone.. i got my copy already and i love it!!!!

6. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    I don't mind dlc as long as they keep the game up to date for as Kong as they can (unlike the promise they broke on wfc)

7. lildevilchick

lildevilchick what the doctor ordered

I'll probably end up buying it, but that really ticks me off. I hate when companies pull crap like this. >.<

8. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Warlord

News Credits:
    Actually I'm not that upset by this. I got WFC for PC which had NO DLC content available to me the first time round so I actually happy to have access to it this time. Plus I want as much material available to me to use in MP character customization. So if High Moon had released three DLC packs on the first day I'd still buy them all.

9. Grimlockimus

Grimlockimus Wot?

News Credits:
    Okay....so would you guys have rather they wait 2-3 months before letting us get those characters?

You're acting like it's the first time they've done this. And honestly I don't think it's worth getting upset about.

Remember ROTF's DLC pack? You could ONLY play with people who had it, which split your gameplay experience in half, not to mention that it made it a flip of a coin whether you'd actually get to play as characters you wanted.

And there is a huge difference between the Mass Effect 3 DLC and this, Mass Effect was horrible with their Day 1 DLC because the character you unlock is pretty much ESSENTIAL for a complete storyline, without him you're only going to be playing half of a whole story. This is pretty much harmless, they're just saying hey, if you want these parts day 1, here they are, if not then no biggie.

All I know is, I'm getting my game today, buying that DLC, and enjoying FOC for the next few days :) 

10. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

I'm not too bothered about this. I have the money, I like the characters available, and I wanna support this game.

11. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    thank god this is availible now, cause if i had to wait to get ultra magnus someone would of died.

i hope the parts of the characters can be used in customization, i want to make powered convoy!

12. ArmoredSwampert

ArmoredSwampert Literal Pokéformer

Luckily enough, you can do both of those things.

13. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    just saw the images, yeah, that is easily worth $10 for the magnus model alone

14. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    why is he part of the problem? HMS is a company. companies make profit. and it's not like you don't have a choice. you can either use the in-game characters if you can't afford it for now. but for those who can afford it and have the $$$ to burn (disposable income), HMS is giving them a choice to be able to use other characters.

15. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Because companies see this as a viable practice will shit up every other game with it. Look what's already happened with preorder bonuses. Mass Effect is the most extreme case, but it's a slippery slope from there. Do we really want to see a trend were in game content is locked until you fork over extra dosh on the day it's release? The industry is getting more ******ed with every year.

I will piss and moan until game companies stop doing it. I don't ever expect to stop though.

The problem isn't affording something that costs a measly ten bucks. High Moon locked content in a game I paid a premium for, and now want's to charge me more for what is there. They gave us the choice giving them cash for free while basically doing nothing but withholding content at release. It's a matter of principle.

I can't wait to see someone crack the game wide open and see how many other characters are locked for the inevitable DLC wave with characters.

16. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    wow...a dollar a part, guess if you only want 1 character it will cost you $4.

17. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

18. silverbolt07

silverbolt07 head Aerialbot

News Credits:
    So is this available today for launch? ill definitely get this, all 5 of those characters look awesome! especially magnus, im impressed with his design.

19. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    Lets do math to see how much each part is worth...

So there are 4 charectors so

10/4 = 2.5

Then there are 5 parts per charector so more math...

2.5/5 = 0.5

So each part is worth £0.50/$0.50
    Each charector is worth £2.50/$2.50

20. Flaming Matrix

Flaming Matrix Murder claw master

There are 5 characters, meaning $2.00 per character and (I think) $.40 per part.