Minor/Repaint: Dawn of War Megatron

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by vidmouse, Mar 14, 2011.

1. vidmouse

vidmouse Well-Known Member

I bought this Iron Man Crossovers Humvee Transformer as an impulse buy. I almost returned him, because I thought his arms were floppy, then after looking up some posts here, I found that I just didn't have his shoulders snapped in place. Now he's tight and great.

I have been wanting a new voyager-size Megatron for awhile now... been experimenting with this and that, but this mold is by far my favorite. I used a head from a Superion Maximus (minus the ear thingys) and made a fusion cannon/ gatling gun from some GI Joe Rise of Cobra spring-loaded launchers. I used a couple of Lego pieces to handle the attachment/removal method.

I call him "Dawn of War" Megatron, thinking that he might be what Megatron would be like if the Great War started on Earth today, vs 1984. I never digged the whole "mass-shifting" explanation so this works for me.

He's still a WIP... need to finish paint and add the Decepticon logo but this will give you an idea of what he's like.

Will show some group shots before I'm all done.

EDIT: been a long time coming, but I'm getting back to this guy. More pics HERE

Attached Files:

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Pretty much the greatest mold Hasbro has ever engineered (not the greatest mold hasbro has ever contributed design work to with Takara/Tomy engineering, but as a solo-Hasbro effort, I thik this mold wins hands down). So good for so many projects, and he looks AWESOME as Megatron!

You've done a great job, I would not have ever tought of S'max as a Megatron-head-donor but it surely does work!

D/L

3. HAIL_KING_PRIME

HAIL_KING_PRIME Well-Known Member

X2 I reccon

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    Sweet!!!!

5. primeone

primeone PRIME

News Credits:
    ive been wanting to do this one for a while but hadn't gotten around to it just in case they decided to release the punisher one so i didn't have to worry about repainting too much

6. gericault

gericault Well-Known Member

Very cool! An awesome Megatron from an awesome mold. It's surprising how good this mold actually is- I finally picked him up as an impulse buy as well, and he's beginning to rise up in the ranks of my favourite TFs. A little bit big for my tastes (I'd skin a koala if it were made into a deluxe size toy!)(this TF, I mean, not the koala)(that's just wrong.)
    but so pleasing to transform!

7. Ironkorr

Ironkorr Ironkorr Customs

Ebay:
    Wow now thats a megatron if ive ever seen one. I love the gun, my favorite part.

8. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    i love how that dry paint makes him look

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Holy crap.

As a Megatron fan i'd buy any Megatron and the more unique the alt modes the better. Now i';d love to see a Milatary Humvee as Megatron now.

:thumb 

10. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Man, the Dawn of War part made me think this was going to be a WH40K crossover

11. vidmouse

vidmouse Well-Known Member

Since I've been doing so many primes, I'm revisiting this Megatron, esp since he's voyager-sized. More pics...

Attached Files:

12. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

This mold is great for Megatron! I like it alot!