David Kaye not in TF:Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Oracle_Aesir, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

I wish that could be true, but Casey Kasem is probably the LEAST likely to return of any. I am a hardcore Kasem fan, and own every single Top 40 show he ever voiced. I even collect the LP versions. But as much as I'm a fan, I hold no hope that he could or would ever come back to voice the TFs.

For one thing, he's retired from the business. His last countdown show was July 4, 2009--39 years to the day after the first broadcast of American Top 40. His last voicing of Shaggy from Scooby-Doo also occurred that year.

For another thing, if you listen to his shows from 2005 on to 2009, you can really tell how different his voice is now. He'll be 78 years old in April, so you can imagine that the ravages of age, plus 39 years of use has taken its toll on his voice. If people think Frank Welker's Megatron sounds old, think of what a Casey Kasem Cliffjumper would sound like today!

2. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Noooooo!! :(  Maybe it's just for now like RID.

Maybe'll audition for a role in TF3, we know he's got the voice. :) 

3. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

This will not do....nooo.....

He didn't need to be Optimus or Megatron but he's been my favorite VA for over 10 years now.

Plus I really doubt Cullen will be getting involved in the show. I mean he is Optimus Prime, but he is also really really expensive.

4. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh well, not a big deal.

5. Noise Maker

Noise Maker Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You've seen him in at least one show, then, as he was Megatron in BW . He was also Megatron in the A/E/C, and Optimus, Lugnut and Grimlock in Animated, as well as a few other minor characters.

6. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] Takara Fanboy Collector

News Credits:
    Ah well... :( 

7. dare

dare Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry to say I won't miss him. His work in Beastwars was exssssscellent, yes, but everything after was a bit lackluster. His lowest point for me was TFA Prime, who was absolutely abyssal as a character.

Dare I say, WoRsT pRiMe EvEr.

8. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Well, there's always season 2...

Hopefully Bay gives him something to do in TF3. Kaye's expressed interest.

9. Starscream NZ

Starscream NZ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Everyone says that Cullen is Prime, and I can definitely understand that, but to me, Kaye is Megatron. He was Megatron far longer than Welker or the RiD guy ever did, and he created a perfect voice for the character, namely in the BW/BM era, since he didn't have much flexibility dubbing A/E/C.

I will sorely miss his input into the franchise, you know he just really really loved working on it. Here's hoping he comes back to us soon.

10. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I hope Michael Bell gets a part, considering he auditioned. The guy's got a lot of enthusiasm, and yet, once the '90s ended, I couldn't remember the last time I heard him on TV. The fact that he's 71 and still out there is really admirable, and yet, I could count the amount of TV appearances he's had in the last decade on one hand, and that ain't right. Video games, not so much.

I'll miss David: if Animated proved one thing to me, it's that he's fantastic in any role he does. Still, he'll keep busy, and who knows, maybe someday he'll come back to the franchise.

I do want Corey Burton back though. I have no extreme love of G1, but that man's voice is just audible chocolate. Mmmm-MM.

11. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    David Kaye is an excellent Voice Actor and will be missed my his TF fans, we have to believe they will have an VA that will bring Prime to life for us, just be patient and let's see what announcements come next, ummm?! :thumb 

12. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As long as the voices fit, I don't really care.
    Heck, I'm more pissed about one of the main VA's in Detective Conan leaving after 552 episodes than I am about a new VA for prime...

13. Toa Shockimus

Toa Shockimus Gundam/TF/Bionicle fan.

That sucks, David Kaye is one of my favorite voice actors, and I loved his job with voicing BW Megatron. Hopefully we'll have Gary Chalk or Peter Cullen.

14. Takao

Takao Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wouldn't that make Chalk, Optimus than? Chalk had voiced the character during BW/BM, and the Unicron Trillogy, so meh, which puts his Optimus episode count considerabley higher than anyone else in the English Transformers voice acting world...

15. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love David Kaye's work on TF, but that doesn't mean other people can't do a similar good job. We will see which characters are in the new series and what their voices are like.

Stillm unfortunate for him he didn't get a role. Wish him best of luck and am looking forward to future roles.

16. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    No, he is not one of the best voice actors of all time, only of his time period. He cannot compete with Daws Butler, Don Messick, Mel Blanc, John Stephenson, Paul Winchell, Paul Frees, Frank Welker, Frank Oz, Jim Henson, etc etc etc

and

THANK GOD he and hopefully Chalk will not be on this new series. And honestly I don't care if Cullen is or not (although it would be cool) I am soooo tired of Kaye and Chalk, I am sorry but I am just not fans of their voices. I am stoked about the new show now!

17. VAwitch

VAwitch G1 GeekGirl

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, if they're gonna get someone new for prime - He'd better be sounding similar to Cullen/Chalk or Kaye's Prime...

I don't mind the actor behind teh voice - but Optimus has a certain way he speaks - and unless you've got a reason like Kaye's "younger" Optimus - I want my iconic Prime!!

And that's said. Probably all the veteran TF VA's have gotten too expensive, since TF isn't the only thing they usually do.

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Slow news day alert: an actor *doesn't* get a role in a show and it's frontpage news.

And that interview is a mangled mess of email/phone transcription or however it was conducted. Ian Corlette? Optims Prime? Makes it hard to read. Simple spell check would've corrected a lot of errors.

I also don't believe it's true that Megatron was the first villain "bad guy" Kaye has voiced since he voiced at least two "bad guy" characters in Exosquad (1993). But the interviewer muddles the question and Kaye's reply seems only to thank him for the compliment for his performance of Megs.

19. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    It's front page news because this is the first series, except RiD in almost 15 years without him in it

And to my knowledge the interview was done in Email format from questions submitted by forum members for David to answer

20. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

It's amazing how dis-similar this thread is to the one about Frank Welker not being in War for Cybertron.

Y'know, cause over there the same fans are wailing OH NOES!! while over here, with a guy who has been Megatron in far more episodes of TF lore, they're all "meh."

GEEWUN! ftl