David Edelstein Review of DOTM very positive

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Leadfoot, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

I was just riding back from lunch today and I heard David Beane Cooley announce that David Edelstein was about to review Dark of the Moon. "Great," I thought, "much like a trainwreck, I can't help but check this out. More vitriolic snobbery."

I figured that he'd probably be in lock step with the other "credible" movie critics, and members on this board who are giddy over the negative buzz, impishly sucking up and regurgitating Roger Ebert's talking points.

Turns out that although Edelstein doesn't cut Bay a pass on the normal criticisms leveled at him such as being sexist and superficial in his execution, he nonetheless seemed to really love DOTM. He seemed to actually delve into the story and the mythos, rather than the thing most critics do, pouting as they ruefully lament the fact that they're being forced to watch a movie that they have prejudged as juvenile drivel about plastic toys.

If you listen to NPR, try to catch Fresh Air and hear Edelstein's review when you get a chance. It's pretty refreshing.

2. Regressor

Regressor Well-Known Member

Do you have a link?

3. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member