Dates for next Target shipments

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by OptimusSolo, Jan 23, 2007.

1. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    After 'researching' the last couple weeks I have noticed a trend with virtually ALL of our cybertron and classic figures.

When we 'research' at Target we basically tell the system we have 0 instocks on particular items, and sometimes it gives us a date as to when the product will be back instock. (NOW granted each target will have different dates and sometimes the dates are NOT 100% accurate)

However, usually that date space has a ? so when there is a date there is a good chance it is correct. All that being said, every single cybertron and classic figure that i have scanned in the last 2 weeks is coming up with one of the 3 following dates. 1/29 1/30 or 2/5. So i think it is safe to conclude that at least my target and possibly many others are getting quite a few transformers in that last few days of jan or first few days of febuary. So if you are looking to catch some jetfires, grimlocks, mirage etc i would check soon (plus if you dont have the 2-pack of skywarp and ultra magnus they should be out on a shelf since our store already has them on an endcap)

Lets just hope that these dates will see the arrival of Cliffjumper and Ramjet too (I LOVE ME MY SEEKERS!!!)

I will try to give dates for the movie toys as soon as i see them if the other targeteers dont beat me to it...

2. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

I need my Alts! Wouldn't mind tieing up Classics either. I need a clean slate for the tidal wave coming this summer.

3. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Target no longer carries Alts.

4. Fairy Princess

Fairy Princess Banned

Proof?

5. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

he works there LOL. ALso they clearanced them out after Xmas and there is NO slot for them on shelves at ANY of my local targets.

6. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Wah! :cry  They suck. Maybe they should stop carrying toys? TTs and Classics better be easy to find still (they haven't been!).

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I haven't seen a slot for Titanium 6" all month either. :confused: 

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Since when? I just bought an Alternators Optimus Prime there on Sunday.

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well target clearanced Alts after Christmas 2005 (I got decepticharge for $5) and they've had all the alts up through Camshaft. Mostly likely they're changing the assortment/DPCI number.

10. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Target no longer carries Tits, either. They were listed as "non-carry forward" a couple months ago.

11. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Kinda related, but I thought WM wouldn't carry ALTS any more after they clearanced the last wave (Prime, Camshaft, Meister, ect in fishbowl pack).

Low and behold that WM still hasn't restocked them, yet I've seen a healthy supply at other WM centers.

Could the "non carry forward" only pertain to certain stores?

12. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Alts are gone at all the Targets in my area. This is the first I've heard of a Target store carrying them forward.

OptimusSolo, is there a TF end cap schedule for 2/4? That's the shelf date for the Magnus/Skywarp set and with all those toys showing up shortly before that, makes me think they're going to have a TF promotion or sale.

13. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Not with Target, no. Wal-Marts have a certain amount of autonomy in what they choose to stock. Target's follow the same plan in every store. If one Target isn't carrying Tits, none are.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All the Targets in my district have removed both Alts and Tits from the Planograms for the time being. They may add them back on later. From the standpoint of Alts it makes sense when you think about it. The line is ending in about four months and there's only two new molds coming out before than. I'm sure if the line continues that Target will bring it back.

As for the Tits... I'm not sure why they stopped carrying those considering that they always flew off the shelves around here super fast. But it did take forever to get stock in to begin with and Target's usually not to keen on something sitting open on store shelves for two months before product actually starts to ship and that did happen when Tits were first set at a couple stores in my district.

Hmm... take it all with a grain of salt... some Target's are still carrying Alts apparently in other areas, but nothing around the Tampa Bay area seems to be and I've heard similar reports from other areas as well.

15. OptimusSolo

OptimusSolo Tournament Master

News Credits:
    Unfortunately No

They do have an endcap scheduled for 2/4 - Most stores probably have already set it (my store set it tuesday morning) - The endcap consists only of the classic 2 pack and 2 new star wars battle scene packs.

So no there is no transformer only endcap right now. However, Target in the past when a big movie comes out always has an endcap, especially if the movie goes along with a big toy line (pirates, all the star wars, toy story, etc, etc,) So I fully expect there to be a transformer movie endcap in may or june or whenever those toys are actually going to hit shelves.

16. Dark Magnus

Dark Magnus Your opinion is wrong!

Ebay:
    The toy transition manual made mention of a special transition for boys action for summer movies, specifically naming Spiderman 3 and Transformers. My guess is we'll have a run dedicated to Transformers, like we did for Star Wars: ROTS, or we'll have a 12 foot run of TF merch. With all the Dept. 87 DPCIs that have been showing up in the past six months, there's going to have to be a siginificant space for all the movie product.

Was it full price? If not, then it was on clearance my friend.