Darth Vader/Death Star

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

This afternoon I bought SW Transformer Darth Vader/Death Star and I'm about to throw it against the wall. Does anyone else have an issue with transforming this guy? Anybody?
    No exaggeration, I've been trying to transform it to Deathstar mode for an HOUR. And I'm really getting mad now. So I ask anyone out there, is anyone else having this problem?

2. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    Yes. It's the nature of the figure to be a pain in the ass. Every time I try to transform it, a different part doesn't line up. Most recently it was the left leg panels. Before that it was both arm panels. Before that it was the shoulder panels and back panels.

3. DrPhd

DrPhd Two Servings of Fruit!

You aren't alone, Vader is one of the hardest figures to Transform I've ever owned. Honestly for such a simple vehicle form you wouldn't think that he'd be so difficult but getting those panels to line up properly is a nightmare. Still he's a really cool figure.

4. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    On that note, I'd probably rank Vader as the HARDEST to transform... Followed by Big Convoy and Armada Unicron.

5. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Actually I find Big Convoy and Unicron to be quit easy. But do you know what Transformer I've NEVER been able to Transform....Beast Wars Sonar.....Yea......I can never do it.

6. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

Aren't these(the ones SB1 mentioned) all shellformers?..

7. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Unicron isn't as much a shell-former as it is a pain due to size. Big Convoy on the other hand, is.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    patience! hmm? /yoda

but the payoff is worth it.

9. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

Actually I rank Big Convoy as the hardest, I can never get him to lock together correctly. But my Nemesis Prime works like a charm some times... Then would be Death Star Vader. Armadacron is no where near these guys in terms of difficulty though, at least for me. Only problem I ever had with him was his chest missile and removing the spring in his chest solved that problem, no more random midnight firings.

10. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

I got the Takara issue Unicron so no premature chest-bursting for me.

Also, he's ridicilously easy to transform.

But yeah, Death Star is hard. But I could still get those plates aligned in at least satisfactory fashion in less than half hour.

11. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There's a joke in there....

There's a joke in there about the midnight firings, but I am not going to fish for it.

Unicron has always been a headache to me, so I keeps him in Bot mode.
    Actually, i don't like the need for the O-Lock on primus for every little step, but i can look past it.

wow, glad i read this thread; was looking to get Vader, but 45 bucks or more just for me to keep him in DS mode? (and i got unicron for more reasons than just keeping him in Bot mode, so i am not yet hypocritical, LOL.)

i think i will either pass or nag a relative to get it for me for b-day or something.

12. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    My Wal*Mart just clearanced him down to 30 so I was thinking about getting him, glad I read this... just a little food for thought I guess.

MP-05 has to be the hardest TF to transform in my book, I've never had the patience to take him out of robot mode.

13. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Vader is hard as hell to transform - by far the most trouble I have ever had with a TF. I got him on Xmas, tried for about an hour and then gave up. I revisited him a few days later and managed to do it fairly well within 30 minutes. Despite the difficulty he's still a very cool toy.

14. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    OK, so I broke down and bought him... *yup* He's teh awsum! I don't really care for the SW/TFs but I'll give props where props are due and they are definatly due here.