Darn It! We need a Leader Class Blackout!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tycho, Sep 11, 2007.

1. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Blackout was my favorite Decepticon in the movie. So my POV is quite biased. I also probably missed some other threads demanding this LC toy. (I actually hope so, because it would mean I'm not the only one).

LC Brawl seems to improve on the sound effects that Prime and Megatron were granted, Brawl having more.

Blackout would be sweet with helicopter fly-bye sound, machine guns blast noise, and "the only lead we have is this sound." (The sound, not Secretary Kellar's quote).

Anyway, I'm so much an Optimus Prime worshipping Autobot fan, but I know a cool Decepticon when I see one - and Blackout is him!

Hasbro can't even keep up with the demand for the figures they made - this should be every indication that they can even make a profit on creating more of them that they haven't done yet - like Leader Class Blackout!

2. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    Yep, if we could have one more Leader sized mold for the movie line I would have to choose Blackout over Starscream. If we got Starscream instead of Blackout we would never get the chance to own both Starscream and Blackout.

If Hasbro released a Leader sized Starscream for TF2 and released Leader Blackout for TF1 we would get the chance to own both these molds instead of just one.

3. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I'd prefer a sumpreme-sized Blackout...but a Leader-class would make due. Blackout deserves better than the "voyager thats closer to the size of a deluxe" toy.

4. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Yep, that would be incredible!

5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I'm fine with voyager blackout. Were getting a repaint/retool of it into autobot evac next year with the allspark power set. Helicopter transformers are a rare treat so I support the repaint.

Most of us are pretty much tapped out once we get the 3 leaders available now at $40 each. Barring that many people would rather buy cheaper figures and see the demise of leader class altogether for more deluxes and voyagers. besides that have you seen incinerator? consider it a upgrade.

Allspark Power Evac
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Allspark Power Incinerator
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Graves

Graves Active Member

I'll take a LC Blackout AND a LC Barricade. kplzthx.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    :horse: 

Still, it would be cool. But I have the complete cast already, and to have to buy another version of a character I already own? Nah-uh

Although, I do wish they did this to start off with.

8. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Making him a Leader wouldn't solve his size problem. Instead of a Voyager the size of a Deluxe, he'd just be a Leader the size of a Voyager. :S The kibble may be lame but I really don't think there's any way they could have done his transformation differently.

9. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I'de like a Leader class Blackout and Voyager class Barricade.

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The same way they changed Leader Brawl's transformation, or the differences between Voyager Prime and Megs and their leader counterparts.

And normally I'm not one to buy multiples of the same character in different size classes, but I'd so be all over both a Leader Blackout AND Voyager Bonecrusher. Those two need much better then what they got. I could only imagine the sheer size of Blackout's alt mode had he been a Leader class, it would have been glorious!

11. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    I've been saying from day one that we need a larger version of Blackout, so yeah, I agree with you. Supreme class in proper grey colors would be ideal.

I also think we need a Leader or Supreme Starscream that transforms properly, a Voyager or Leader Bonecrusher, and of course a properly colored Leader Megatron. That would have rounded out things MUCH better than the current crop of figures.

12. CompuGlobal HyperMegatron

CompuGlobal HyperMegatron Nobody summons Megatron

Supreme Blackout
    Ultra Bonecrusher

plzthx

13. Tycho

Tycho Well-Known Member

Starscream will definitely have a chance for Transformers 2. I love Starscream (OK, maybe not Michael Bay's design of him, but the Voyager toy was even worse).

But Trans1 is Blackout's last shot at a Leader (or Ultra) Class figure. Helicopter Transformers are dang rare and cool!

Let's go for it!

14. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor Moé than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    The reason why Leader Prime and Brawl work out so well is largely thanks to the fact that they have thick, wide, blocky altmodes that can hide a lot of robot parts in close proximity. Blackout, being a long, comparatively narrow vehicle, has a much harder time with that...which is why his robot body accounts for so little of his mass. If they were going to make him appropriately Leader-sized in robot mode, his vehicle mode would have to be GIGANTIC, and would probably end up being too expensive to produce. (Not to mention the fact that the rotor blades would have to be really lame and short...safety regulations and all that!)

Considering the way Leader Brawl is clogging shelves across the country as we speak, I doubt LC Blackout would even sell.

15. Razorwing

Razorwing The Fallen Alternity.

News Credits:
    a movie-accurate Blackout would be awesome. The Voyager Class isn't that accurate. well from the torso-up is accurate. His legs and feet aren't accurate.

16. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

Ultimate Barricade to match Ultimate Bumblebee. That's what I'd like to see.

17. stevej

stevej Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So, approximately what size classes would be needed to get all the movie TFs in approximate scale?

I'm guessing that the likes of Leader Prime, Ratchet, Ironhide, Jazz and Bumblebee are close and that it's just the Decepticons that are out (other than Barricade and I guess Leader Brawl).

Just curious.

I'm all about the scale you see. :) 

Steve.

18. Prisoner1138

Prisoner1138 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So you want two dancing robots? No, not unless they can breakdance fight eachother.

19. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

Forget blackout, we need leader class bonecrusher and barricade. so i can have them to go with my regular bonecrusher and barricade...

20. Doctor Ingenious

Doctor Ingenious Doctorate in Ingeniology

Agreed on the thread subject.