Darksiders II

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by DethPike, Aug 15, 2012.

1. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Anyone else pick this up?

I loved the first one, and this one so far is pretty cool. It's gorgeous to look at, but so far feels like "more of the same". Not complaining - it's cool, don't get me wrong. I'm only 6 hours in so I hope the story picks up. As far as action, it's got plenty of that.

2. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

Crap. Did it already release? It was on my list for 2012 for sure.

I guess I'm too caught up in ME3 and waiting for FoC that it missed my radar.

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    i picked it up. on my way to the fire mountain thing. anyone else stuck in some castle?

4. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    Bought this game from left of field. I had 0 interest in this, until I saw one of steam's ads (Damn you Steam!!). Anyways, I've never played the original, but this one looks like it plays in parallel with the original so you can get an idea of what's happened. Love the game, but boy was it a nightmare setting this up with a controller on the PC. Don't ask me why I bothered, maybe because I've been playing the God of war series on PS2 :p . Like I was saying, though, setting up a controller for this game was a nightmare, because the controller is a Powerwave generic USB controller, which apparently a lot of new games doesn't detect. Thankfully I found a program called XBOX360ce that fixes this. The next issue was assigning actions to buttons in your preferred layout....This took me 3 hours or so, but I finally got something that's playable at least.

The other bad thing I can think of is it's UI. It has NO graphics options on the PC, besides Resolution, VSYNC & Gamma.....It needs Antialiasing imo, even at 1200p. The graphics are not bad, but I can see why the requirements are low compared to some bigger titles.

I would like to see a largish update that adds and fixes majority of these somewhat 'minor' problems. I would say this is like PC's God of War in some respects, but the polish is not the same level, I'm afraid. Once you get into story it's pretty damn good, though and honestly using the controller whilst sitting further back, makes some of the "bad graphics" less apparent.

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 MTMTE Sucks Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    now i'm off to find the tears or whatever. stuck again though :( 

6. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm enjoying it a lot so far. I like having Despair right away and constantly getting new armor and weapons. Funny thing though, the very first door, not 5 minutes into the game, opens up and I see sky and clouds through it. I step in thinking that's what it's supposed to be, but I fall to my death into nothingness. The next time it opened and there was a hallway in there, so I guess it forgot to load the environment!

7. JetFormers

JetFormers « Ultima Ratio Hecate »

News Credits:
    I couldn't remeber the title of my own thread name, but I think I did posted a Darksiders 2 thread. Anyways! Yeah I'm a big fan of Darksiders so I picked this up early in the morning...And now I'm in the Angel's Realm Lost city or well..I just stared there.

8. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
  9. Subotnik

Subotnik Please Stand By.

I've got a steam code for the Angel of Death preorder bonus if anyone wants it. I don't have a PC so it's no use to me. I've never used Steam so I don't know if codes are region specific, but I assume it'll work for at least the Asia pacific region.

10. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    I'll take it! I've been playing this game non stop. 27hrs into it and nowhere near finished :) 

11. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    I want it, still gotta find work though. I really wanted to get its Collector's Edition, really want that mask and I plan to decorate my gaming room in video game collectibles/props/other nerdy objects.

12. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Just picked up a copy. Manager at gamestop was cool enough to give me a preorder code even though i didn't preorder. I giggled the first time i swung the scythe! XD

13. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

Has anyone been experiencing game glitches? I'm playing on a ps3, and i've gotten stuck in the wall already, and i'm currently in the lost temple. I get to the end and the gates come up, nothing happens. I google what am i supposed to do... and there should be a boss there! lol

14. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    I have had a few- the one I posted before, where it didn't load an entire area, but also more recently I ran into a wall with my horse, and while trying to turn around I fell through the ground to my death. I also left the controller alone for a minute, and my raven landed on my shoulder. When I moved, the raven spread it's wings and froze, right there, in mid air. After about a minute he "woke" back up. I have been playing on the 360, btw. It just sounds like it could have used a little more time in the testing phase.

I'm still having a lot of fun though and wouldn't say the bugs are bringing it down or anything. My only real annoyance is that you can't save in multiple slots. With almost any game, I like to have two slots since nowadays if something happens and the game is shut off or freezes while loading, it corrupts your save file. So, two files come in handy since that's actually happened to me in the past with games like Rage. The dangerous part with the single save file here is that it auto saves ALL the time, not JUST when it shows the now loading icon. Whenever you make a transaction, it saves, and every auto save overwrites ontop of that same save file.

15. Nexus Prime

Nexus Prime Creation is proof.

Bought it at WalMart and the first game came with it. Here's hoping that by the time I finish the first game that there will be a patch out for the second.

16. blackTtop

blackTtop No this is not Patrick...

I've only had it freeze twice on me, but no other glitches. (PS3)

I think it does save automatically in two slots. I looked at the save data yesterday and it has three save files, 1A and 1B and Settings.

17. opt1musaber

News Credits:
    Best game this year hands down and probably the last few yrs too. Even with all its downsides on the PC version, I've had so much epicness from this game and.... I'm still not finished!!! Max Payne 3 was good, but not as fun as this.

18. Liege Prime

News Credits:
    It might in some circumstances, but I know I saved, then bought one of the mystery boxes from Skulgrim (or whatever that shopkeepers name is), then exited, then reloaded my save file and it saved my purchase.

19. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Glitches? Not really - only one I can think of - I was fighting the Archon and he fell through the floor, and was hovering around under it - like, WAY under it.... which would have been fine if he just died and it gave me the "W" but no, he just flew around down there so I restarted and beat his a$$ the old fashioned way.

Mine also froze once or twice.

I beat it this weekend. Meh. Overall I liked it, but I think the first one was better.

20. Blackout32

Blackout32 Subdivisions

I am having so much fun on this game and I am soooooo glad I bought it. I even bought the game guide to this game and the game guide has helped so much, plus the guide even gives you a code for ANOTHER free DLC piece that doesn't come with the game or any pre-order.