Minor/Repaint: darklight

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by chlokai, May 21, 2008.

1. chlokai

chlokai Well-Known Member

this is one of the assasins that was in war within, he is made from g2 hooligan and a few g1 guns. he transforms into a cybertronian gun. his 2 friends will be appearing soon so any name suggestions would be welcome.

Attached Files:

2. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Damn! It's like a War Within version of Browning in a way. Very cool, chlokai.

3. dsn1014

dsn1014 41:75:74:6f:62:6f:74

sweet job, love the modding done.

4. Ecmagee1984

Ecmagee1984 Big E

Ebay:
    Sweet looks good

5. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

DUDE Thats freaking sweet. i really like the colors.

6. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Not half bad. It was never even suggested what he transformed into in the fiction, this is as good an idea as any... The only thing I'm not sure about is the handle of the gun, which by the looks of it comes from one of the removed wings. It looks a little cumbersome on the arm in robot mode, and doesn't seem to quite work as a handle either. I'm thinking it'd scan better if the wide end was at the elbow; it'd look more handle-ish in gun mode, and maybe function as a bladed weapon in robot mode. Maybe. Still very cool, though.

Are the guns from Action Master Prime (which would be formerly orange) and Micromaster Skystalker..?

As for names, the other guys weren't named in the comics, but apparently Furball called them Umbra (who was the gun Darklight briefly used) and Backbite in a later interview.

I've always wanted to see (or make) a fig of Umbra, actually, he looks very cool, with a pretty simple transformation process, too...

7. maximus_primal

maximus_primal Autobot

Very cool.

8. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

that is a great idea and it looks sweet the colors work well and the mod is great

9. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Love those dual cannons on him! Nice.

10. chlokai

corect on the guns, the sword is from g2 hotrod

i was torn between the handel, it is meant to look a bit like an 'ninja axe' kinda thing in robot mode and after looking at other gun TF's (g1 shockwave etc) they all seemed to be wider at the bottom and narrower at the top alough some of the weapons that came with them were the opposite?????

i would have liked to have a bulkier handle but it would have took away from his bot mode unless i found somewhere else for it which isn't too easy on figures that small.

thanks for the names, Umbra has been started (just need to glue all his peices together and paint him) they will all transform into guns and like the comic will they will be a ninja asassin trio.

11. Rhinox555

Rhinox555 Insert clever joke here.

He looks cool,but i´m not very impressed with the handle.
    I think you got him confused with Umbra by the way,cause this bash looks like Umbra in color scheme and alt mode. (Darklight was red and black and his alt mode was not seen)

12. chlokai

if you have a look at my other thread you will find umbra and backbite, no confusion:)