dark wolverine

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by optimusprime42, Aug 26, 2009.

1. optimusprime42

optimusprime42 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
  2. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And what about him?

3. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He looks badass, but nothing beats the original. :) 

4. yodafett

yodafett Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Was this still a surprise? I thought that was known when the images were first released last year?

5. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    The comic looks good. Previews for issue #77 show Osborn blackmailing the FF because the Thing beat up Daken.
    Tempted to pick it up.

6. Molini

Molini spawn of a glitch TFW2005 Supporter

WTF? :inquisiti 

Dude, please...like someone already stated this has been known for quite sometime. You're gonna need to bring more to the table then what you just put down.

What exactly would you like to discuss about him?

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    We have Wolverine, mohawked son of wolverine, cloned teenage female wolverine. Wolverine from the x-babies, Monkey Wolverine What's next?(afraid to speculate)

8. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    i didn't know of daken until today

9. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    i didn't know of daken until today

10. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I guess my question would be. So What? Just another knock-off Wolverine FTL.

11. Molini

Ok. So, now that you know about him. Are you interested in the character? Does he feel like a cheap knock off and/or weak addition to the Wolverine mythology to you?

I'm open to discuss these things if you have something to add.

12. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    If I was running things, Wolverine would have been given cancer and due his healing factor they could never fully destroy the tumors and he would die weak and trembling and then I would be done with him. Silly character used way too often.

13. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

If you were running things Marvel would make a lot less money.

14. Molini

But what exactly is it about the character that makes him silly that you don't like? I'm not suggesting that you need to like the guy, I'm just curious to know what makes, or has made, Wolverine such a turn off to people.

My intial exposure to Wolverine, as a kid, was through Fox's X-Men animated series. I can remember thinking he was just some jerk who didn't like anyone and just liked confrontations with everyone. Then I saw him swear to avenge Morph, take on Jubilee as a surrogate daughter and then finally I saw the peaceful inner Samurai spirit from the time he was in Japan.

That's when I decided I wanted to read about this guy and find out what the comic Logan was like. I was blown away by Chris Claremont's take on the character enjoyed reading about the tragedy that is Logan. What made him such an interesting character to me was that in spite of all the injury he can heal from and no matter how indestructible he seems, it's his emotional fragility that is the most overlooked by people.

His tragedy is that everyone he loves, inevitably dies just for being associated with him, specifically women. He is extremely insecure about that thin line he walks between humane and beastial and fears what he may become. When he didn't remember his past, all of that was just further accentuated. Wolverine deals with pain on levels that few other heroes experience.

Daken on the other hand, is a bastard child with a mohawk that I just can't attach myself to at all. His creation seems forced by the writers and isn't the way I would have liked to see a son of Wolverine be played out. X-23 on the other hand is a character I do enjoy. She seems more screwed up in the head than Logan at the moment. Seeing her rare moments of being human are definitely treats for me.

I think Daken and Son of Hulk should meet a very unfortunate demise.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  15. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    The Wolverine Corps! (based on the Thor Corps, not Green Lantern)

I'm afraid I haven't been reading any of the Dark Avengers stuff, but I am a little sad that "bad Wolverine" gets the brown costume that I always liked better than the yellow and blue.

16. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

Isnt that Xforce now?

Frankly I liked x 23 as the unoficial daugther of wolverine, seeing her screwed up etc, she seemed like she was gonna get the reigns of wolverine. and quite probably the reason I bougth every xmen she was in.....for a while anyway...

daken, I simply dont care about him, he seems like some punk who they just created because they couldnt think of anything else.

Kinda sad considering thats what I think half the marvel universe is.

17. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

Wolverines always been my fave X-Man.Call it stereotypical if you like but he's a great character and hes badass.

My fave Wolverine knockoff is X-23.She's so cute and badass.Well,shes cute when shes not being portrayed as wearing hardly any clothes.Thats just sexy.

I like X-Men Evolution X-23 the best.That was when she was introduced by the way.

18. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Escalation, power creep, and sickening overexposure.

Nitro blew him down to a skeleton and he basically shrugged it off shortly thereafter.

For a "loner" he sure is on a lot of teams. He's the "go-to" character for crossovers...constantly.

Marvel pushed the character too hard and too often, purely as a marketing gimmick as opposed to telling good stories with him. Wolverine: Origins was a stunning letdown. All we learned was, "born wealthy, mom cheated with the gardener, was a lumberjack, killed some redhead accidentally." Hoo ha.

- Coeloptera

19. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I've been hearing good things about Dakken, actually. From people who don't like Wolerine and are on record saying they hate his creator. Been meaning to look into him.

And I love X-23. Have both her mini-series and have been meaning to read X-Force. The perfect killing machine slowly gaining humanity angle is really interesting to me.

20. optimusprime42

News Credits:
    i'm interested in logans son.. i don't think he's a knock off since he is wolverine's son, this guy eric i know said there's to many of these
    dark universes