Dark of the Moon vs. Original Leaked Script? (Spoliers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TheBigBad, Jul 3, 2011.

1. TheBigBad

TheBigBad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So which is better? Dark of the Moon, or that script that leaked WAY back in the day?

Granted that initial leak was dismissed as not being legit, but having seen Dark of the Moon now I have to wonder if it were an actual draft at one time. Let’s look at the list of things that script had in common with Dark of the Moon:

The Ark, the Ark crashing
    Shockwave
    Mirage (Dino)
    Wheeljack (Que)
    NASCAR Autobot (Wreckers)
    Lazerbeak
    Bringing Cybertron in close proximity to Earth
    A marriage proposal or one being hinted at with B being the broker
    Ultra Magnus (though changed in the final equation)
    Some sort of special reactor
    A special "key"

Of course the cast of regulars, Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, Ironhide, Ratchet, etc…

Lots of similarities, so I wonder if it got a total reworking with the leak combined with the firing of Megan Fox, and the above elements got reworked and retooled as a result. Perhaps even character names being changed so it doesn't look like it matches up as well as it does. (Que, Dino)

Also there was that early Silverbolt rumor, but aren’t the Aerialbots in the game? Same with the Combaticons right?

Like the first or second page of the script we see this:

http://cdn.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/1/DOTM-Sideswipe-Vehicle_1302288804.jpg

In retrospect that script looks somewhat legit. Am I missing any other similarities? So what would have been a better movie? What we got, or what was initially leaked?

2. Amaya

Amaya Well-Known Member

There are few similarities. I remember reading it and realizing how un-Bay it was once Sam and Leo were in hard hats. Not to mention the spelling errors. And Mikaela freaking out over the Ark touching down more than Sam. And the time travel. And Starscream's ... scheme change thing. I don't remember the NASCAR's, though. I don't think it's enough to have been legit even in early stages of production.

3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ultra Magnus (though changed in the final equation) = Sentinel Prime
    Some sort of special reactor = Either the space bridge pylons or the Ark part found in Chernobyl
    A special "key" = Matrix or maybe Sentinel being able to activate the space bridge

4. TheBigBad

News Credits:
    Carly

Sam knew it was coming, Mikaela didn't. Mikaela was freaking out because she just wanted a normal life away from the Autobots, now that I think about it Carly had a similar freakout... Interesting.

5. Amaya

Amaya Well-Known Member

I thought it was OOC. I mean, she always seemed to take major events better than screaming, bumbling Sam. Consider her "Oh, you're such a little girl!" reaction during ROTF. And Sam's the one who wants to be normal. We never hear Mikaela's thoughts on that, but I don't think seeing a space ship from an alien race she's already intimate with (unless it were shooting at people, or something) will make her freak out. She'd probably be in awe.

That being said, I did like some parts of the script. When Mikaela and Sam go to Hoover Dam and talk to that guy (I think Sam's grandfather, was it?) he asks who she is. When Sam tells him, he looks her over and says, "Good catch." I thought that was pretty funny. :lol 

6. Exodus Primal

Exodus Primal Crank-Bot

Wow, Im starting to believe that the leaked script is a possible early draft. That's interesting.

7. TheBigBad

News Credits:
    I dunno, the "love of her life" was a little on the dead side for a few minutes in Revenge of the Fallen, which was preceeded by her almost getting blowed up real good many many times, all while maintaining perfectly white pants. :) 

So seeing the ship the size of the Ark, might induce a little post traumatic stress disorder, after returning to a "normal" life...

8. Amaya

Amaya Well-Known Member

Lol, I still joke about that. There's only, like, one smidgen of dirt below her left butt cheek that you see when she dives toward Sam. Beauty is Never Tarnished, indeed.

I don't think seeing such a large object is THAT traumatic... Unless astronauts who've gone into space and seen Earth get PTSD and I didn't know about it. I'm not being snarky, I just think Mikaela handles things well. I've always liked her character more than Sam because of that. ...and it helps that Megan Fox is nice to look at. >.> Ahem.

9. Shockwave1138

Shockwave1138 Multi-changer

News Credits:
    LEFT CHEEK!! LEFT CHEEK!! LEFT CHEEK!!

sorry, had to do it.

10. TheBigBad

News Credits:
    Either cheek in that case, just keep me away from her deformed thumbs. :thumb 

11. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

seeing movie megatron and optimus prime team up, is a wet dream for the fanboys

12. TheBigBad

News Credits:
    Huh?

That wasn't in either script...?

13. TheBigBad

News Credits:
  14. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wait, are we talking about the script that sends the characters back in time to 1984 to relive G1 and basically just exists to make fun of the Bayformers designs? We really think THAT could have been legit?

15. TheBigBad

News Credits:
    Yep

Read the list of similarties, then reconsider that statement... Either that or it was Bay offically jacking with us, knowing we'd dismiss it out of hand, and all the while some of the stuff was right under out nose.

16. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    So, the similarities between DOTM and this piece of crap were the past references to previous media that probably would have made it in anyway due to this being the final movie?

This is just like how that fake ROTF script involved Sam going to college, the introduction of an Allspark subsitute, Devastator, Soundwave, Megatron's resurrection...

17. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

I prefer the script we got quite honestly.

18. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    DOTM is much better. I stopped reading that fake script the second they had Starscream downgrade to his G1 alt mode.

19. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The ''leaked'' Script sucks.

20. protocida

protocida Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bump.