Dark of the Moon Voyager wave 4 found at Canadian Retail

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheers Ian, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Cheers Ian

Cheers Ian Listen to Canadian Slag.

News Credits:
  2. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Is it just me or did DotM really just sorta petered out?

Deluxe Wave 4 is just redecoes, wave five has one new mold (which has had a lukewarm reception, to say the least), one remold and two redecoes.

Voyager wave 4 is just a single redeco. Wave 3 was a Voyager version of a character who has had other figures, and a red and blue Optimus Prime.

Just seems like it's been really repetitive since June.

3. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
  4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Well in that case, disregard what you think you saw.

5. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Not really. If you look at the first movie and DOTM, they both have about the same amount of figures. In the movie year portion anyway. DOTM hasn't had it's All-spark power/NEST alliance phase yet. And if you only look at new molds all 3 movies have the same amount of new voyager molds, 6. But working against DOTM is that half of them are retreads (Optimus, Megatron, and Ironhide).

Infact movie 1 and DOTM have the exact same amount of voyager figures. 6 original molds and 2 repaints of said original molds.

6. 420bot

420bot ******

I love this redeco and cybefire bb, I am just glad I went ahead and already bought him off of Zon.

I loved him so much than the original I reviewed him in the feedback thread as well.

7. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    it hurts that skids and mudflap took two mold spots for deluxes.

Still I'm happy that a movie verse Air raid is out. He did'nt do to much in the dark of the moon video game. But I was glad he was there somewhat tieing in with war for cybertron if you really wanted to.

Cannon Force Ironhide is cool. So at least their useing the best Ironhide voyager mold to do the red version. That toy has awesome ankle tilts, an expressive head, and the mechtech is actually ok in a war for cybertron kind of way.

I do think Hasbro is going to be focusing on Prime and Generations next year which for me would be Completely awesome. A movie subline or some semblance of its art syle (Hailstorm) is bound to exist for a while though so long as its still making money.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  8. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Plus, 2/3 of those new DotM Voyager molds are all just... trucks. Granted, Sentinel isn't your average truck but... I'm just sorta sick of the lack of diversity in the DotM line as a whole. That's just me, and I suppose I let that color my perception of these latest waves.

9. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you have got to be kidding me. that ironhide mold is terrible. the best voyager ironhide mold was the recon ironhide. the only thing that the new one has going for it is the legs.. other than that.. there's nothing good about it.

10. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Oh...wow. Interesting. I'm amazed Canada gets DOTM stuff clogging shelves earlier but still nothing Generations post wave 5.

11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    We are getting closer.

12. samtastic

samtastic Herald of Wheelie

Finally. The correct colors. How did Michael Bay get Ironhide SO wrong? There's no reason a red pickup wouldn't have looked good in the films. Optimus still would have stood just fine. (see Ratchet and Optimus in TF: Prime) Just find that black truck so dull....

Maybe will get this...

13. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

A Topkick would have looked awful in red. Plus, he wasn't shooting digital back then so red wouldn't pick up well on film

14. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

The lack of a lot of the red was because of how it films. A technical consideration, and not a creative one. With digital, no longer a problem.

15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Hope this means we will get closer to Wave 6 of DOTM here in Canada.

16. friendship pony

friendship pony death bringer

News Credits:
    :rolleyes2 

17. Irv Gotti

Irv Gotti I'm Rick James B%#ch!!

This. Red is for sports cars and mommy-mobiles (vans). A Top Kick looks bad ass in black... period. Micheal Bay doesn't have as much control over colors as so many in these boards think. Most of these colors were selected by the auto manufacturers themselves so as to provide what the auto companies felt would best represent their vehicles. Hence, black Topkick, red Dino (a Ferrari in any color other than red is a cardinal sin), and silver for 'Swipe (all the concepts were in silver only).

Last edited: Oct 5, 2011