Dark of the Moon Voyager Megatron Video Review

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by TM2 D-bot, Feb 6, 2011.

1. TM2 D-bot

TM2 D-bot Forsight Into the Future Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  2. SentinelPrime

SentinelPrime I NEEDED THAT!

Ebay:
    I really love this Megatron. Easily the best of the movie Megs designs, and I like the anti-Optimus alt mode, definitely my fav mode for him since G1, although the recent comic stealth update is sweet too. I know some don't like the cloak, but I also love that. Looks very sinister and evil.

I may not like much of the DOTM toys so far, but this Megs is a winner imo.

3. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    I would love to see him with a head swap maybe WFC Megs head and G1 Colors!!!

4. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I, too, believe it should be molded in cloth.

Wait...What?

5. adconx2

adconx2 Cybertron D-Block

Ebay:
    I'm going to call this guy Assassin's Creed Megatron "Nothing is true, everything is permitted".

6. tremor100

tremor100 New Member

I REALLLY dont understand how anyones impressed by any of this new line.. i guess it just goes to show you hasbro can put out any garbage and you guys will go crazy over it. This thing looks like a half done prototype... theres barely any pain apps on it and its tiny. I really dont know how you can say this is the best move megatron yet, the RotF voyager megatron was a much nicer sculpt then this crud. Even the deluxe ones look halfdone like they are protoypes...

Props to Hasbro though.. you guys are prob the same people who shell out 40 dollars every year at botcons to buy repainted energon toys that youve already bought 5 other times with different names on the box name.. just admit that this line is horrible.

Tf1 toys were good RoTF perfected or improved the molds.. and now i guess they were just thinking that its too much work or they made them as good as possible so they have just given up. The only nice figure so far ive seen is Shockwave, and as a transformer the engineering looks abysmal and looks like u fold out his arms and legs and thats all..

7. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Wow my thoughts exactly. I like the Megatron fig but there just isnt ehough paint apps to justify me in getting it. His face isnt painted. His cowl isnt painted.

8. nemesisconvoy

nemesisconvoy Gundam Pilot

This is the first DOTM figure that I will be getting. And soo far, the only one.

9. 420bot

420bot ******

Trudy Beekman will definetly be getting this figure, count on it.

10. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    All we've seen are blurry cell phone shots, two hasbro shots and reviews of possible quality control rejects. Give the toyline some time, they have not even released these yet.

Criticizing a toyline before it's released is like judging the movie by the teaser trailer. When the line, releases I WILL buy the Leader Sentinel Prime and the Ultimate Optimus Prime.

And we fans don't go gaga for EVERYTHING Hasbro pumps out, everyone didn't go crazy for poor ol' Devastator or Mudflap. And just look at the criticisms for the DOTM toys BEFORE this. You sir, are a boar. Now good day!

11. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I really like the figure's design and concept, but I have to agree, the lack of paint realy kills it. I honestly don't know if I'll pick this guy up. I really don't.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Honestly, this figure is not one I'd say really needs much in the way of paint. If you think it needs more, paint it yourself.

13. rando1017

rando1017 Member

I agree with tremor100. I haven't seen one figure from this line that looks remotely good. Transformation, paint, mechtech(WTF?), etc. Every single thing they've done looks horrible.

14. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I guess it's not so much the lack of paint as it's the choice of pale white and light tan plastic that really just gives off an air of cheapness.

And I'm not one of those who usually complains about gray plastic, either. But the plastic on this guy just looks so dull and unfinished.

15. tehKOREANdude

tehKOREANdude inimitable, original

News Credits:
    half the size is a bit of an overstatement? he's shorter in height than mix, but not shorter in length than mix. whatevs, i'm probably jsut bashing cuz the sound quality pisses me off...

and he's buying several more? after laying who knows how much money on this one? scaaaaaaaaaalperrrrrrrr >.>

joking and bashing aside, pretty good review! got a lot of peaugh-isms down, like the "overall, this figure...", "you're gonna want to" and "fairly good representation of..."

The figure's silhouette looks damned imposing, and much more majestic and less futzy and clunky than previous megs. Considering how much we've been seeing of the toys, I almost forgot that theres also a cg model of this badass to come! I can't wait to see this disfigured guy looming over chicago with some cloth draped over him look he's general motherf---in grievous or something.

16. silenth

silenth Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh noes!?! Someone likes something you dont. Oh noes!?!:gen069: 

Oh noes!?! Someone likes something enough to buy multiples, must be a scalper. Oh noes!?!

"Peaugh-ism???" The only "Peaugh-ism" i saw was the crotch shot. Oh noes!?!:gen069: 

17. Sanchimaru

Sanchimaru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I liked this review, straight to the point, very descriptive.
    This new Megatron is looking great to me. The MadMax / Twisted Metal feeling he has on him is wonderful. If a bigger scale of him is to be released, my 2007 movie Megatron is going to go through the window to be replaced by this new guy. (well, not literally through the window, I just mean I'll sell him :p  ) I didn't even bother buying the RotF flying tank.
    Even the mech tech weapon, being disguised in the vehicle mode is fine with this one.
    I also like the cape, which seems to bother a lot of people...

18. wylungz

wylungz Well-Known Member

hm.. w/o that cloth on his body, the figure doesnt look THAT BAD.. .. i would say i'll wait for the Leader Class version to do a final judgement.. hopefully it will look better and more detailed.. the DOTM Voyager Optimus Prime still looks like a Activators transformer.. and thats not a good thing

19. GUIGUI

GUIGUI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could somebody shop that megatron and his truck mode in gray and purple and make the tank look Orange Transparent?

20. Crimson Dynamo

Crimson Dynamo Well-Known Member

What this figure needs is a lick of paint.

Have any closeup pics of the head been released yet? Video reviewers always forget to do it, or can't because of lack of focus control. With this fig the head sculpt is clearly an important detail.

I'm disappointed at the size of the toy, but the Leader class was probably not a viable option for Hasbro. Shame though, because Megs deserves a decent Leader toy. The movie Megatron toys have been a huge failure for Hasbro.