DARK OF THE MOON the game is saved

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Cybergoth Quickshot, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Cybergoth Quickshot

Cybergoth Quickshot Well-Known Member

For a long time I've loved all 3 high moon games and always feared what will happen now that the other 2 games are back to life thanks to steam , luckily the psx3 emulator is coming , meaning with a community still willing to play it , high moons multiplayer can live on through cybertron and earth on pc , I myself will be getting a set up and playing , streaming, and doing a fun clan on these games to try and keep it going , till all are one guys.

2. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    This is the movie section.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Cybergoth Quickshot

Ok yea I know but there's no game section on my screen , I'm sorry everybody

4. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's okay

5. Cybergoth Quickshot

Still what did everyone think of dotm game, I liked the fact we got more of a prequel to the film

6. Shockwavers

Shockwavers Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never played the game itself. But I watched alot of the cutscenes and I found it way more coherent than DOTM itself. Also the robots got more to do and had chemistry

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cybergoth Quickshot

To be honest I miss the potential the 2007 game had , not only with the idea of cops and traffic ( make the ai smart and put them in a open world tf game) but also the way jazz's death was, he fought off dreadwing, starscream , blackout , and brawl before brawl stabs him through the chest , and iornhide avenges him, the movie tie ins also gave me a lot more care about rotf, but burn rise of dark spark. BURN IT .

• Like Like x 1
  8. normtrooper

normtrooper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I played all the games and loved them, never did have rise of the dark spark though...

I haven't played a video game in likely 2-4 years now.. funny how your interests change. But I may dig out the old xbox 360 and play these again for nostalgia's sake.

You kids and your steaming these days, in my day we had discs! We lost them, scratched them, and they took up space on the shelves. But we earned our playtime dammit!

9. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

so, as fate would have it, this game just went on sale on the xbox 360...$10 bucks..pretty good value if you've yet to purchase/play it..i picked it up!

10. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    How about ROTF?

• Like Like x 1
  11. transf0

transf0 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've played every TF game from 2007 and on. Love each and every one, except ROTDS. I think my favorite was WFC, so many amazing memories from multiplayer. Shame they've given up on TF games for the time being.

12. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I've only played three Transformers games. TF07, Armada (PS2) and Devastation and the were, in order: flaming hot garbage, excellent and all my dreams come to life.

Fucking seriously, TF07 was one of the worst games I have ever had the misfortune to play. Boring environments, appallingly sluggish controls, hideous overall visual design. I sincerely hope that game had been farmed out to interns while the execs were snuffling cocaine off strippers because if actual, experienced people created that then they should hang their heads in fucking shame.

The best thing about it was it offered a great way of ending the first movie without making Shia 'the hero'. Seriously that cut scene was cool and had TF07 ended that way, I feel it would have been better for it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Cybergoth Quickshot

Yea but a good tf game should let you enjoy it for what it is, it's not ideal but stuff like the traffic is cool because a tf game should work off more of these ideas and make them more fulfilled , right now all I want is to wage war on cybertron wfc , foc, and dotm and rotf but the point is we all have tf games that really deserved more, I just hope we can get a good game with a little energon and a lot of luck

14. BarricadeLives

BarricadeLives i'm you! i'm your shadow!

i feel like tlk was the rotds of the movies..they combined two storylines that didnt really go with one another (filmverse/eu) & came out with something of an abomination

15. Cybergoth Quickshot

True but how much more pissed would you be if g1 prime leaves you with only the hope for just a few min of g1 gameplay, should've just made it a g1 game around the ark, finish it at Hoover dam

16. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    The DOTM game is average. Solid enough gameplay, but nothing remarkable either.

It was nice to get a slightly more fleshed out campaign with the movieverse. ROTF pretty much had no campaign or presentation, as fun as it was. So it was nice to have Optimus scolding Ironhide for collateral damage, or Dino insulting Major Reynolds (the choice to have Nolan North in live action was kinda odd).

One thing they failed at, however, was the facial animation. Good lord, the animation of the faces was terrible. It looked like the worst of the PS1 generation of graphics. Just awful. From the sound of it, DOTM was kinda rushed, but still. Jesus that was awful to watch some half assed render of Optimus up close.

Another thing I hate about the game is the voice cast. For some reason High Moon can't fathom that not every character has to be voiced by Nolan North, Steve Blum, Travis Willingham, and Fred Tatasciore. All are terrific actors, but still. Why couldn't we get the movie cast back? I'll admit Fred did a great take on Megs, but come on. We got Robert Foxworth and Charlie Adler last time. Also Fred was really cringey as Ratchet. It seemed really odd to me after ROTF that only Peter and Jess Harnell were brought in.

Also the cast itself has problems. For one, there's so few of them. We do get some cool treats like Mixmaster and Stratosphere as bosses. But the cast feels really thin, especially for the Decepticons. They could've filled the roster with more old faces like Bonecrusher, Blackout, Brawl, Barricade, Long Haul, Sideways, the Wreckers, or more. But the cast was so limited. Didn't the scientist Class only have like two or three characters total? Yeesh.

I dunno. Pretty middle of the road. Being a prequel to DOTM was a good idea to prevent spoilers, though.

17. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    It was definitely a rushed game. About 90% of the models in that game, save for the ones created specifically for DOTM like the Dreads or Shockwave, are all re-used from the ROTF game. Essentially its just a re-skinned WFC, and since they were probably already working on Fall of Cybertron at the time, it was probably easier to just have most of the voice actors from that come over and do a few lines for DOTM.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I played TF1 and ROTF games and I adore them!:) :) :)  TF1 has fresh game play for me (I got used to play strategies), ROTF game was nicely atmospheric and beautiful! My friends gave it to my birthday:D  Remember night battle in Shanghai, when Ratchet saves Ironhide And Autobots talk so much, you hear some jokes (especially from Ratchet:lol ) that's fascinating adding to TF Universe and their personalities. God, I really enjoyed the games! ROTF game DVD proudly lays near all the Movies' DVDs on my table. Still didn't play in DOTM (because I have only PC) and would be super glad to play it!

19. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    Why was Nolan North a real man in the DOTM game?

20. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    Yeah that was weird. I guess it was either their attempt to be more "real" like the films... or they weren't ready to animate a detailed human model yet?