Dark Of The Moon the game DLC

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by edugrindor, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Are there any characters in the game who should've been playable from the beginning but inexplicably aren't?

That's who'll be DLC.

2. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Like I said in another thread. I read on a different forum that someone at E3 asked HM about DLC and they said there are no plans. So don't get your hopes up guys.

3. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I expect Ratchet and Sideswipe (and were there other pre-order characters?) to be in the DLC when it hits. That's what they did with the DLC in WFC - they added all the pre-order characters.

Other than that, I expect extra maps, and maybe some campaign characters that are not playable in multiplayer.

I don't expect whole new chapters of campaign though.

4. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

i want Jolt, Sentinel Prime, Blackout, and Wheeljack (if he isnt playable in the orignal game)

5. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Well-Known Member

As far as I'm aware, Ratchet is unlockable for MP on completion of the campaign (or a specific mission), as is Shockwave.

So, whatever grievances people have with Activision's money-grabbing, I doubt even they would go so far as to charge you for DLC that can be unlocked through gameplay!

Its not a stone's throw from charging you for content already on the disc (which they will most likely do) but there is a difference, however slight!

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    TF1 says hi.

7. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I HIGHLY doubt that any DLC (if any) can live up to the awesomeness of ROTF's DLC.

I wish that another studio makes a TF game with combat similar to ROTF set in the movie-verse with many characters. And they can bee mega creative with the game modes like Halo Reach (which I recently started playing and the game modes are ridiculous but uber-fun). We have 3 player co-op in this one.

Here's an idea for a game mode - 3 players vs Devastator and the only way to beat him is to blow off his limbs and take them out with they transform into robot mode. I'm just spit-balling.

8. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I actually can't think of any in-game characters besides Sideswipe (available through pre-order) who aren't playable.

We need Jetfire as DLC.

9. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

cough,mixmaster,cough,cough

10. Wars

Wars I ate the WHOLE plate

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Okay, I don't have the game yet, but I have an idea of who's playable in the game so here's my idea of it. As well as these characters, I'm sure a couple of more maps couldn't hurt, despite me not knowing what maps there are yet.

Autobots

Sideswipe
    Roadbuster
    Leadfoot
    Topspin
    Jazz
    Jetfire
    Jolt
    Skids
    Mudflap
    Wheeljack
    Sentinel Prime

Decepticons

Shockwave Alt Mode/Flight Mode (Like G1/Flight Megatron from the ROTF Game.)
    Barricade
    Sideways
    Blackout/Grindor
    Satellite Soundwave
    Crankcase
    Jet Megatron
    Brawl
    Bonecrusher

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Shouldn't this have a poll?

12. raziel_eire

Never played Split Lip, was not back in the TF groove at that stage... enlighten me if you will?

13. blitzjoans

blitzjoans "Destroy first, think later, sleep now"

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I think the DLC only have 5 characters and 3 or 4 maps ( because the WFC DLC´S have this characters and maps )
    Don´t dream ;) 

14. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Every unlockable in the game was available for 500 MS points on xbox, or you could save your money and just unlock them.

He's kinda huge, I doubt he'd be able to be played as. He wouldn't fit on the maps.

Mixmaster wasn't a character, he was a scripted boss.

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Im not expecting they will put out DLC, Im thinking this might be a 'fire and forget' release with the rest of the team going to work on WFC2.

That said, if there is a DLC pack or two I'd like to see them even out the factions to 3 per class, per faction, excluding Warriors because tanks dont come often for movieverse autobots.

Scout:
    - Sideswipe
    - Sideways
    - Lockdown

Hunter:
    - Silverbolt
    - Air Raid
    - Dreadwing
    - Terradive

Commander:
    - Mixmaster (scaled down)

Warrior:
    - Guzzle
    - Shockwave (with vehicle mode, trade-off is weaker primary weapon and melee in robot mode)

Of those the only one even possible would be a Sideswipe unlock code.
    But hey, pipedreams are awesome.

16. raziel_eire

Christ that is bad... well then, expect Shockwave and Ratchet as part of any DLC pack then (add in Sideswipe and it starts to look very like WFC's 1st DLC offering)

I'm thinking they could just scale him down as he should be of a similar size to the already included movie scale 35' Megatron and 32' Starscream.
    If they nerfed his speed (lets pretend he is actually carrying a load of cement :)  ) and mobilized his cannon mode for Stealth Force, then I think he'd make a pretty good Warrior class option.
    All that being said, his actions/moves within the game (from the video I've seen of his battle) would not lend themselves to a playable character, so some work would need to go into his controls/animations as a playable character... which makes it less likely he'd be included.

If I could have one character made available for DLC, I'd have to plum for the beast that is Longhaul - a fantastic movie design and he'd be up for doing some serious damage.

17. fatesmagic

fatesmagic Tengen Toppa Megatron

But there is a bit of a problem with that idea. Warrior/Tanks don't use Stealth Force. Maybe the turret-mode could be his body models ability.

18. raziel_eire

ah right, I wasn't aware of that... so Warriors can't strafe etc in vehicle mode? I suppose that slightly excuses the lack of a Shockwave alt mode, seeing as he is not missing out on the extra mobility+threat that Stealth Force seemingly offers.

So that would rule out any idea for a normally non-weaponized vehicle being a Warrior then.

19. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

What we have already:

Bumblebee, Mirage awell as Crowbar for Scouts
    Breakaway aswell as Starscream for Hunters
    Optimus Prime, Ratchet and Ironhide aswell as Megatron and Soundwave for Commanders
    Warpath aswell as Megatron for Warriors

So this is what I think we'd see:

Barricade, Sideswipe and Wheeljack for Scouts
    Blackout for Hunters
    Brawl for Warriors

I have to say you guys, High Moon really screwed us out of potential DLC and a FANTASTIC game. I mean, what were they thinking? There are NO Autobot Jets or Tanks in the movie. This was a horrible way to do things for a Movie adaption.

20. Frans42000

Frans42000 Well-Known Member

Sideswipe is already in...if you preordered.

Ratchet is in the truck category if you complete the campaign.

Chassis that I want for Multiplayer would be,

Sideways and Barricade for the Decepticon cars.

Air Raid, Silverbolt (the F-16 and F-18 guys from the Starscream level). Blackout/Grindor and 2007 movie Megatron for the Aircraft.

Crankcase or Bonecrusher for the trucks. Mixmaster would work too since the "Granite" Mack truck would not be too much bigger than Megatron's

Guzzle and Flak from the cyberverse line for the Autobot tanks. Shockwave's alt mode and Brawl for the last of the Decepticon tanks.

As for a level for Multiplayer, I think a good one would be a highway overpass and road section. Think of Optimus vs Bonecrusher in 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.