2D Artwork: Dark of the Moon - Superion

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Lurkertron, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Just an idea I had buzzing around my head and its been a while since I did some artwork so here you go. Transformers: Dark of the Moon Superion in all his 200 ft glory.

Silverbolt: NASA Space Shuttle - Main component torso, head and limb connectors.
    Powerglide: A-10 Thunderbolt II - Right arm and rotary cannon/rockets.
    Blaster: EA-18G Growler - Left arm, jamming/early warning systems and triple fusion blasters.
    Breakaway: F-35 Lightning II - Right lower leg and missile launchers
    Air Raid: F-15SE Silent Eagle - Left lower leg and electromagnetic shield generator.

I'm sure if the aerialbots are in the movie they'd be different but, anyway... this is my gig :) 
    Hope you like.

Attached Files:

2. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I want a toy of this for classics!

3. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Wow, I cant keep up with all this feedback...

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    You know, instead of just waiting on feedback from your own work, you could post feedback in other Fan Art threads as well. :wink:  Also, you posted this on the 26th, and it's 6:19 on the 28th now. I think increased interactivity on your own part plus some patience will help your experience here :) 

I really like your idea. Your illustration has a cartoonish quality that doesn't lend itself so well for this type of movie-verse illustration, but I think it passes well enough for a stand alone illustration.

I think you could add some extra details in your coloring, as it's just a tad bit on the airbrushed side of things.

The pose gives Superion here a lot of character and insight as to how he might move and act like. After all, he is a big, hulking robot!

I hope some of my feedback and suggestions are helpful :) 

5. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

Dude, I was just kidding. But thanks anyway.

6. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ah, ok, gotcha. Sometimes, it can be hard to tell someone's intent without tone of voice, etc. I'd seen the same type of complaint in others' threads as well. That's why I really try to be over the top when I joke around. :thumb 

Anyways, I hope we continue to see more of your work, man :thumb 

7. SpeedFreak01

SpeedFreak01 Well-Known Member

Brilliant Superion! I love the attention to detail, as well as adding the specific roles for each Aerialbot!
    What I would suggest is that you change Superion's face a little. It looks a little too menacing to be an Autobot combiner....

8. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    That's actually a cool concept. It's enough movieverse to work, but personally for me retains a very updated g1 feel. Very good mix.

9. Angryscott

Angryscott Pancake Hustler

I could definitely see that working, movie-verse vise...obviously, the translation from 2D to 3D model would mean added complexity to the colors/parts/etc - but from a concept point of view, it works and I like it.