Dark of the Moon Street Date is HERE! What are you picking up?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sol Fury, May 16, 2011.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    To more or less copy:

Only after Shockwave. I'm disapointed that so many stops don't have anything out or even shelf space.

14 and Van Dyke Walmart: Nothing. Not even shelf space. Couldn't even find someone to ask about.
    12 and Mound Meijer: Voyager Ironhide, a few deluxes and basics.
    12 and Dequindre Target: Nothing. Not even shelf space. Endcaps aren't going to be allocated to DOTM, Cars 2 and Pirates get those.
    13 and Dequindre/John-R Meijers. No shelf space for Voyagers or Leaders. Scouts and a few others out.
    14 and John-R Target: They rather helpfully got out their palatte of DOTM toys and opened their only Voyager case for me, too bad it was just wave 1.

TRU was a completely different story. 14 and John-R had Plenty of stock, including wave 1 and 2 Voyagers. However an employee must've grabbed Shockwave, since there was only 1 Voyager missing and the store had just opened when I got there; the manager was still giving the meeting/prep talk at the front of the store as I walked in.

I hit the call for help and got a very helpful woman who checked with the device and found that there was one more case of Voyagers in the back, she got it, wave 2, so I had Shockwave in hand. Went to the only checkout that was open, waited in the very long line and the same lady came by and saw me, she waved me over to the R-zone where I checked out there.

So, got the only figure I was going for, Shockwave. A bit disapointed in him, I posted about that more thoroughly in the feedback thread for it on why.

2. G1_Astrotrain

G1_Astrotrain Triple Changer

Already got voyager optimus ironhide and megatron deluxe topspin and starscream. Going to walmart after work hope to get shockwave maybe sentinel prime

3. Hiraga

Hiraga BILL BILL BILL BILL BILL

News Credits:
    Topspin, Roadbuster, and Shockwave for sure. I also might get the Optimus Cine-Mask.

4. jjk1120

jjk1120 Decepticon Saboteur

I got to my Target in central Jersey and they had no DOTM out yet. I was at TRU when the opened at 10 and got Roadbuster and Crankcase. They had most of series 1 & 2 but no Shockwave. Kind of disappointing for release day...

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Apart from a few I unearthed in a small toyshop here it's like the DotM toyline doesn't exist in Great Yarmouth. I don't really want much from it anyway but this is supposed to be the big toy launch day for one of the biggest movies of the year so the utter lack of stuff greatly surprises me.

6. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The ones that are must buys for me are Ratchet, Topspin, Starscream, Voyager Megs, Shockwave, and Skyhammer, and Cyberverse Hatchet whenever it's released, as well as Powerglide and Blackout.

Already got Ratchet and Powerglide, and I can wait on the rest of them for a little bit. I may pick up Blackout or Crowbar (pretty nice looking Legends) sometime later today/this week.

7. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos New Holder of the Matrix of Leakership

News Credits:
    Last Night bought: Roadbuster, Megatron, Sandstorm (who will be repainted into my Movie DoubleDealer's brother DoubleCrosser) and Icepick.

Today bought: Topspin and Barricade

8. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I just scored Shockwave, Barricade, and Topspin at a local Big K-Mart. I was really happy to find them.

I had checked my nearest Target stores before going to K-Mart, and employees at both Targets told me that they didn't even have the DOTM toys in the back. They were still waiting for them to be delivered. A load of BS if you ask me.

But I'm really glad I went to K-Mart. I decided to stop there as I was passing it to head to the nearest Wal-Mart. Glad I did, I didn't have much gas in my car. But they had 1 each of the toys I wanted, so I quickly grabbed them and ran to the check-out counter.

The K-Mart section was really small. Maybe about 4 pegs with about 2 deluxes hanging on each one. Had a good stop of DOTM VOY Prime and Ironhide. They also had 1 Megatron and Skyhammer.

As for Leader class, they were well stocked. I didn't take a look as to how many, but they had enough. All I could tell is that they had Leader Bumblebee and Sentinel available. Luckily I already ordered Sentinel through Wal-Mart.

Cyberverse didn't have much of a selection. All I was looking for there was Cyberverse Hatchet, but no sign of him. I'll be close to a TRU when I'm in Florida next week, so hopefully I will find him then.

But I digress... Happy hunting, everyone. I hope you all find what you seek, and when in doubt, try seeing if you can order anything online, within reasonable prices of course.

9. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    Hey guys,sorry to go off topic but last night along with the DOTM figures I also found the Generations Warpath wave,now I'm not sure what the deal is but maybe why we haven't seen his wave is cause they didn't wanted to release them with the movie stuff.So I suggest to all those wanting Warpath and so forth go see if your store has them.

Now to get back on topic I think the DOTM Line is shaping up to be the best movie line yet.I so can't wait to get Ultimate Prime and Leader Ironhide.Later all.

10. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

i hope these get released here soon as well.

11. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Scored at the first Wal-Mart I hit. Only had the cash on me for a single Voyager though, so I got me a Megatron. They had a few Optimus Primes and Ironhides out, as well as the Deluxe and HA Basics. Gonna go Leader Sentinel Prime and Voyager Shockwave hunting when I get some more cash tomorrow. After that I'll see what else released since I haven't been keeping track.

12. EnerJohn

EnerJohn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Walmart isn't getting any DOTM figures until the end of this week. Target had a few figures that we're painted badly. So I had to pass em up today.

13. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Same here downriver.

Allen Park Target, Space for end cap, nothing stocked,
    southgate Target, Same story
    Dearborn TRU nothing except cuberverse playsets
    Taylor Walmart some cyberverse, bashbots, go bots, nothing else stocked, I went in back and everyting was wave 1 sould be out on shelves later
    Southgate tru...Asked why nothing was on the shelves? They all know me for from the company I work for, and I got to go back and open up all the cases. No wave 2 voyagers, but got wave 2 cuberverse commanders!!

Kinda lame...I was really hoping to hit 10 stores or so...now i think its a waste of time..

Last time There was a big reset like this that I can remember was going to be for ROC. All the Hasbro reps and my buddy, the DM was even in one of the stores...it was a F'n BIG DEAL...im so suprised that I didnt see a single Hasbro rep today.

Its possible that with all of us picking through before street dates, and reports getting back to the Hasbro DMs, and RM, they may have said piss on it..let the stores stock em.

Ive met the RM through work...he is that kinda guy. Mabye they didnt have any plans at all for reps doing the planagrams in certain stores..I woulda liked to run into him again......

14. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh...and another thing...that Walmart exclusive prime....WOW...NICE BRIGHT COLORS...if I could get the dumbass stars and mood off him Id buy that

15. mynamehere

mynamehere Well-Known Member

Not picking up any dotm. Will def get warpath if they restock alongside dotm.

16. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    So, with the DOTM stuff being out today - do we know if there are any differences in paint apps between the Hasbro & Takara ones? I'm hoping there might be - but assuming it'll be the exact same toys, with Japanese text added on the Takara packaging.

17. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I spotted the DOTM Taktomy versions yesterday & the only difference is the Taktomy sticker label on the top right hand corner of the box plus there's a biocard for every figs. looks quite nice tho the biocards.

Btw I got for myself Leader Sentinel Prime that's all.

18. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Having picked up Warpath last Friday, I have to say, he's really, really worth it.

19. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Cool beans, ta for the info.

20. Toyzaremine

Toyzaremine Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Today was about a dismal search as Ive have ever seen for a supposedly inaugural mega blockbuster release:
    WM SC 1: Fully stocked minus shockwave (someone apparently got to them already)
    WM SC 2: Old lines ROTF, some HFTD, some old gens etc, with only HA DOTM, and DOTM voy (but just a couple or so on the shelves)
    WM SC 3: none, just empty pegs
    Target: Nothing, but stick people were in the aisles about stock up new items, didnt see any new tf case boxes
    TRU: Huge surprise...nothing! Bunch of old items all on clearance, no open display for DOTM items. extremely disappointed. Stock ppl had no idea or could care less about the new toys.
    WM SC #4: Mostly stocked, created new display on end cap, found my shockwave.
    Visited some small town regular walmarts that had some dotm (4 or less at each) of varying class mixed with old clearance items. No surprise here.

Overall a complete 180 from ROTF release day, that had massive displays, tons of toys, ads in Sunday circulars.
    Pics from first WM visited:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Second WM:
    [​IMG]