Dark of the Moon Shockwave

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Jul 5, 2012.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

So I bought a Dark of the Moon Shockwave at TJ Max a couple weeks ago. I wasn't going to open it because I was expecting to trade it with someone for a FE Prime Vehicon but he never got back to me. So I decided to open it.

I noticed that there wasn't actually any tape on the box like there usually is when I buy toys at Wal Mart. It's a good thing I decided to open it because then I discovered why there wasn't any tape. Someone opened the box and swapped out his instructions. Instead of getting an instruction sheet for Shockwave I got one for Optimus Prime! I don't even have a Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime but now I have instructions on how to transform one.

Has anyone else ever bought a Transformer and found instructions for an entirely different figure packaged with him? It's not really a big deal though I try to transform them without the instructions anyway and if I really need help I can go to YouTube. I was just curious if anyone else has had this experience.

2. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Not entirely comparable, but in 2005 I got a Binaltech Shockwave with two character cards.

Years later I got Masterpiece Grimlock with no character card.

If anything, by karma alone, years later you'll probably get a toy with Shockwave's instructions.

3. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Why the hell would you switch the instructions, of all things?

Some people . . . :rolleyes2 

4. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

... DotM Shockwave for FE Vehicon?

No wonder they backed out of that trade...

5. SaberPrime

They made the offer in the first place. lol Though to be honest a voyager for a deluxe, he would still have the better deal.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, one of the strangest swaps I have ever heard in my life.

Its hard to say because while I don't like the FE Vehicon but he was never released in the States...and I actually like the quality of materials used to make the FE Vehicon.

7. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Shockwave $12-$15...FE Vehicon $45-$50...even trade

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I bought a Titanium Rodimus Prime and it had the Titanium RID Optimus Prime instructions in the box. It wasn't a hard figure to work out the transformation for' but it irked me not having the instruction sheet so I later downloaded a scanned one for Rodimus and printed that out to go in my box. Everything was fully sealed when I bought it though so I'm not thinking it was a naughty swap. Maybe someone got 'Rodimus Prime' and 'Optimus Prime' mixed up at the factory when doing Titaniums and started packing the wrong instructions.

9. Driskull98

Driskull98 World's Only Snarler Fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I found ROTF Smokescreen's instructions on the Lego shelf at my old Walmart when ROTF was released.

10. OptimusGinrai

OptimusGinrai Is Not The Breakman

Does not getting instructions at all with a figure count?

11. Crumplezone

Crumplezone Banned

My Alternaters Silverstreak never came with instructions. You can imagine the fun a kid who only had transformed Armada difficutly Transformers had.

12. SaberPrime

That's not accurate at all.

A deluxe is $11.99

A voyager is $19.99

Now even given the fact that FE Vehicon was never released in the U.S. the only additional price should be international shipping which I believe varies on the size of the package so would again make a voyager cost more than a deluxe.

Though I did get Shockwave for $15 that's not the original price and still more than the $11 the deluxe cost.

Yes sense I technically didn't get any either... at least not the ones I was suppose to get.

I was just thinking that I actually like Movie Shockwave... which is odd considering I don't like many movie toys. The only nit picks I have about him is that I wish his left arm was molded exactly like the right one so that the cannon could be used on either arm. The way it is it's like why bother ever taking the cannon off because it's perfectly molded for the right arm and nothing else. It might as well be a permanent fixture. Plus I'm not sure why but I can't get the left hand to fold flush against his arm like the other one and this seems to hinder the transformation sense it needs to be flush in vehicle mode. The other mold change I wish it had was the chest panel piece. I've never been a big fan of the rib cage look on the Transformers and I think they could of made a version with a more "G1" chest plate. Still even without the chest plate he's one of the few characters that actually looks like who he's suppose to be. His color scheme, the head, and the cannon arm with the hose are all very iconic for Shockwave. Given that the chest plate is the only major change he's pretty good for a movie figure. I'd actually take any kind of a different chest plate, it doesn't have to be G1 exactly just anything but that rib cage design. I hate it more because it's a rib cage than because it isn't G1.

13. Thalack

Thalack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Your statement is the only thing not accurate. Even if you got a FE vehicon at its cheapest price, which was around 37.95+shipping, still not an even trade. I don't blame the guy for backing out.

14. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    Yeah, even indeed (bwahahahahaha) And SABERPRIME is the guy that contradicts everyones ''unpopular opinion''.

15. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    $8 Shockwave at Kmart right now. Accurate.

16. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I once found a hobo that traded me his DOTM Shockwave for a bag of oranges.

17. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

:lolol 

18. SaberPrime

Seriously? $37.95 is no where near the "cheapest" price. IT'S A DELUXE FIGURE. Deluxe toys only sell for $11.99. Unless it's a Botcon exclusive or something where you're adding in the cost of travel and admission. I don't know how much Botcon exclusives actually sell for.

You do realize there is an exchange rate between countries right? Like $11.99 in U.S. currency is not equal to 11.99 in Euros or yen or whatever currency used in whatever country you happen to live in where FE figures were actually sold. So while the cheapest price may read as 37.95 for that country's currency it's actually only $11.99 in U.S. dollars, same as any other Deluxe figure.

There's also the possibility that $37.95 is the cost including international shipping to the U.S. I don't really know how much shipping to a different country costs but I'm guessing it's pretty expensive and just like shipping within your own country changes depending on the size of the package being delivered. This means that if $37.95 is indeed the cheapest price that it includes the cost of shipping and a voyager will still cost more money, not less.

To put it simply, even though I bought Shockwave on discount for $14.99 he'd still cost a minimum of $3 dollars more than a Deluxe not including the cost of shipping. Which again I don't know the cost of shipping sense I've never shipped a package to another country before.

More to the point... IT WAS HIS IDEA IN THE FIRST PLACE so this "no wander he pulled out" BS really needs to stop. You're trying to make it sound like I attempted to rip someone off when the offer was made by the other person. Not only are you trying to make me look like the bad guy but you're derailing this topic by arguing with me about it.

This topic is for finding figures with instructions for entirely different toys or no instructions at all.

This topic is NOT for making false accusations against me.

This topic is NOT for arguing about the price of Deluxe figures.

19. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the DOTM Shockwave, idk what's ya'lls problem..

A normal deluxe is $12.99 at it's cheapest at any store on the east coast as of right now.
    Second off the $37.99 is the US price for an FE deluxe without shipping. The prices of a FE Deluxe is more than a normal deluxe because it's a FIRST EDITION. Even the FE Bumblebee was more than $12.99 when it showed up for like half a second around here. People I know stated they were running $20 - 25 a piece at retail.

Now I can't tell you how much a FE Deluxe runs in another country actually at retail instead of online but, I can almost guarantee that it's more than the US equivalent to $12.99 or the $19.99 which is the average price of a voyager on the USA Mid East Coast.

However if the other person wants to trade a damn FE deluxe vehicon for a DOTM Voyager Shockwave, then so be it. Let him, it's none of our business.

20. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    But when Bruce Banner turns into the Hulk, stuff gets derailed in a hurry.

Trade value is what people make of it, if both parties thought it was a good deal, it was a good deal for them. The value someone is willing to pay is what the item is worth, that is what determines its worth, and if someone is willing to offer up a Vehicon (regardless of what we think its value is) for a shockwave, more power to you if you pull off the trade.

On the original topic, I have never gotten the wrong instructions, though I can't find my damn Kreo Prime instructions, and kind of have the urge to turn him into a robot.

And yes, Vehicon is worth more (both at retail in other countries, and in the open market) than shockwave to most people.