Dark of the Moon Nitro Bumblebee Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
  2. TCracker

TCracker おもちゃは今とても暑いです

News Credits:
    Thanks Peaugh again for bringing us the first look! :thumb 

Probably I might not get him but he looks like a fun little figure..:D 

3. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    wish that leg transformation was on the regular dotm bee. looks decent otherwise. I'lll probably pick him up as he does some stuff I like.

4. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Hip armor can't move? And where's the chest armor shown in the pictorial review by that other guy?

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, he's the best Deluxe movie-verse Bee, imho. Though the arms are a little disappointing. Would it at all be possible to swap them with the other DotM Bee figure? (or any other Deluxe Bee for that matter, like Cannon Bee).

Also, you didn't finish transforming him. That stomach plate is supposed to come up and over the middle of his chest, and appears to lock into the two sides of his chest (take a look at the first bot-mode pics we got of him, and you'll see what I mean).

6. phoenixliger

phoenixliger Ogre

Ebay:
    Great review! Can you switch out both DOTM BB's arms so that he does have proper arms (and TOTF BB Bumblebee's head) just thinking of quick ways to improve this figure

7. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Yep, figured that out this morning when he fell over and the plate popped out.

8. SteelMan296

SteelMan296 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    To be honest, there hasn't been a DOTM figure (besides Sentinel Prime) that seems worthy of buying, they just seem to be getting worse and smaller... just for some crummy weapon gimmick? plus the Bee figures transformation in the chest doesn't sit well with me, the head seems lower and just looks like Bee has been hitting the gym since ROTF.

9. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool. Does it lock those two chest pieces into place? (might just be me, but they look a little loose). Also, any word on the possibility of swaping the arms for those of another Deluxe Bee figure?

10. thatonefoo

thatonefoo Decepticon

ill buy both versions
    nitro looks way better than any bumblebee yet imho
    just wish it had the battle mask :( 

11. jazz1914

jazz1914 moonbase survivor

so on the fence now... loving the fig as a whole, but think that a repaint will own or at least give him back his mask (maybe even a new character)! ;-)

12. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    The chest pieces have some slots that allow the ab piece to tab in, and it helps a bit, but they don't hold too well. However, those tabs DO show exactly where those pieces are supposed to sit, and once you pull them to the right position they sit pretty securely regardless of the tabs.

13. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'know... I've been looking at the pics from HK-TF -- looks to me that it should be possible to fill in his empty-looking calves with a thin piece of styrene on either trunk section on his calves...

These pieces would sit flush against each other in alt mode, but make his bot mode look even better...

14. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i always thought bb's mechtech weapon (the darker one) looks like a over sized block engine, which doesn't look right on mudflap in vehicle mode.

15. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Every time Hasbro designs curling wrists, God kills a kitten.

Seriously, why do they do that? It's been an epidemic for two movies now.

16. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Cool. Any reply to the possibility of swapping the arms for those of another Bumblebee figure's?

The majority of the budget for this figure probably went towards the other engineering, and the vast amount of paint apps it has. It looks like the arms got the short end of the stick this time around.

Really, as far as I'm concerned, there's only two issues with this figure. The arms, which will hopefully be easy to swap out for those of another Bee figure, and the alt-mode, which while cool, I would have preferred his normal DotM alt-mode.

If they were to take the arms and the alt-mode of the regular DotM Deluxe figure, and put them together with the bot-mode of Nitro Bumblebee, you would then have the best movie-verse Deluxe class Bumblebee figure, imho.

In the end, I'll probably get this figure as my main movie Bee figure. The chest, door wings, and legs are greatly improved on this one, imho. As for him being shorter than Battle Blades Bee, I actually like it. BBBee is way too tall and scrony looking. It also doesn't help that his head looks like it's floating in mid-air compared to his chest. I prefer My Bumblebee's to be a bit on the smaller side of things.

17. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    That's what gets me. It's not like it costs more money to choose correct elbows over elbows turned the wrong way. So I can only conclude that somebody over there actually thinks elbow articulation looks better this way.

18. closetrat

closetrat Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its not necessarily what they think looks better, its what the render (the basis everyone uses to see whether the figs are accurate or not) looks like & in this case, the render shows detailing that requires a monkey-arm setup - as his upper arm leans away from his body in an almost-45 degree angle, but his forearm points straight down to the ground...

What we need is a bicep swivel mod to BBs upper arm to emulate the shoulder rotation humans use to NOT have monkey arms...

Seriously, stand up & look in the mirror - then pretend you have gauntlet armor like BB (or Shredder, for that matter).

To stand in this "neutral" pose:
    [​IMG]

you'd have to rotate your wrist out & away from your body, then rotate your upper arm forward in the shoulder joint, to point your thumb knuckle straight forward & bend your elbow inward...

To move your arm from that position to a handshake position, your upper-arm rotates inside the shoulder -- which the toy can't do, therefore, we need to mod the toy to have a bicep swivel.

But a wrist mod is fast becoming a necessity as well...

Attached Files:

19. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    It looks freaking terrible to me. Like they tried to combine BBBB, Stealth Force, and the standard Deluxe DOTM Bee into an oversized Scout.

Yes, I am totally Bumblebee'd out.

20. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Great review, as always.

Is it possible to rotate the doorwings higher and more to the centre of his back?

I saw this pic and there seems to be some extra joints in there:

[​IMG]