Dark of the Moon Multiplayer Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Jun 24, 2011.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I actually really like this! I'm glad to see High Moon came out with another FUN game. I don't feel like typing out a paragraphed summary, so here's a list of what I like and don't like.

Likes: It has that kind of vibe, where I just want to play the game over and over! I also like that is seems that the robots were toughened up a bit, killing is actually quite a challenge for me now. Or maybe it's just because I'm new to the slightly altered control scheme. I love the way that the vehicle modes were designed, driving is so much fun because you can accelerate, drift, do elaborate U-turns, and you really feel like an Earth vehicle. Also the battlefields. In WfC, it felt like you were in a battlefield that was designed to your advantage. These battlefields are cramped and obstacle ridden, it's like you're waging a war in someone's backyard. One isn't better than the other, but change is nice. :) 

Dislikes: I really don't like how it seems impossible for some of the characters to be able to kick butt. Like Crowbar. Seriously, are there any redeeming qualities in that 'Con? The lack of decepticons really sucks too, I wish they had made Shockwave playable in Campaign. Or atleast a few more dreads. Also, I'm really not a huge fan of how Stealth Force turned out. When I use it in cramped areas it's awkward, and I'd rather be a robot. When I use it in an open area, I get shot at from all sides and half to drive away or be killed. It's just really not that big of an asset. I'd rather just have the vehicle-guns set up of WfC.

All in all, I like Multiplayer, it has alot of potential if they release DLC here in a month or so.

2. Sideswipe91

Sideswipe91 Autobot warrior

Ebay:
    i agree with what you said. I really like it. I think the cars should "heavier" tho as they seem to fly off any small hump and go straight into walls. I want to drift and have control not fly

3. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Remember the vehicles have to behave like EARTH vehicles, not hover ones. I noticed it did after I played Mirage's level, where he actually behaved like a car, and Bumblebee/Soundwave who had difficulties to drive in their levels sandy roads.

4. AutobotSkids

I know, and personally I love it. Driving is a lot more fun now because you don't just boost forward and make akwardly smooth turns. You feel like you're driving a real car in this game.

5. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

A car that can jump and change direction in mid air when it flies off into the sky after a bump...

6. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's an Earth model, but still Transformer eh? : P

7. RoadBuster88

I have yet to see any Transformer in the films have their car "hop" over stuff, it just looks weird. Driving is still poor in the game, then again even bigger franchises cant do it right, Battlefield and Farcry as examples.

Also, how about the planes knocking into all the buildings because they are almost impossible to control :D 

8. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

When all is said and done, though, it's still a video game and has to contend with the certain practical limitations, and in the interest of making gameplay fluid I think some unrealistic physics are par for the course until the technology improves.

I love the multiplayer on this game, it's really a blast. So dynamic, so fast and tactical. There's really nothing like it. Transformers in video game format is a concept made in heaven, you just can't get gameplay dynamics like this with any other intellectual property. Why hop on a four wheeler and speed off, when you can become the four wheeler any time you want?

9. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    While I was playing it I kept thinking, "This is a watered down WFC. I think I'll go back and play that once I'm level 20."

Seriously this is just WFC with a different (not better) coat of paint. Which doesn't surprise me in the least. I love WFC but this was obviously just a rush job reusing as many assets as possible.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Im actually enjoying multiplayer in this a lot more than the multiplayer in WFC.
    At least the jets dont have instakill shotguns this time.

In general it seems a much faster paced game, I think owing to the much smaller maps. Players get thrown together very quickly.

One thing of note. Hunters. So many Hunters. So many Hunters hovering in jet mode thinking they are immune to all firepower. As they crash and burn, I hope they know they arent.

11. AutobotSkids

Yeah, it's definately hard being so big and clunky, but I bet we all improve as the days pass.

12. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I need to play with some of you guys on my team in an online match. I got over 700 kills and 300 something deaths so far.

13. AutobotSkids

Scabbers35, hit me up.

14. RoadBuster88

Getting a bit better now since I've actually unlocked some stuff for each class :)  Ratchet is a bit of a meathead!

15. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    I already have you, I'm Enop80.

16. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
    My kill to death ratio is not as good as Enop's, but I do play as scouts, and scouts only, which does open me up to some vulnerability. However, I am at like 550 to 300 or something.

We do need to get a TFW match going soon.

17. AutobotSkids

Oh right! Wow, it's been a while since I've played with friends online...

18. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    Another perfect game with Mirage, 12-0.

19. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    Wow XP crops up like crazy. I've got nearly all my classes to level 20. Same they all have the same upgrades though.

20. Sideswipe80

News Credits:
    The one time me and Janeails get on a team we dominated. But then we kept getting split up. I even invited him to my party and he still ended up on the other team. I hope this gets fixed.