Dark of the Moon Leaders: What We Got and Why We Got Them. *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ezim93, May 21, 2011.

1. ezim93

ezim93 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just want to start off by saying that there will be MAJOR SPOILERS and since I don't know how to do that thing where SPOILERS are blacked out I just wanted to start by saying that there are MAJOR SPOILERS in this forum. If you do not want to be SPOILED, do not read this.

When the Dark of the Moon leaders were first announced some of us had mixed reactions many of us were hoping for Shockwave, Megatron, and Sentinel Prime. What we got was Bumblebee, Ironhide, and Sentinel prime. Many of us had mix feelings. Some were annoyed we got yet another BB figure, others thought that Ironhide looked pretty cool and it was pretty unanimous that Sentinel was the best of the bunch. I think it's time we clear up some of the confusion.

Why these figures got the Leader Class treatment.

Bumblebee: Seeing as we needed to use the supreme class figure for power up prime it's pretty clear that Bumblebee needed to be demoted to leader.
    Ironhide: This one's a little harder to figure out, while Starscream now his equal counterpart in rank this one still raises an eyebrow from me. I'm not saying it's a bad figure. Hell it looks to be the best Ironhide figure we got. I'm guessing that Hasbro wanted to send this guy off with a bang considering that he is going to be killed our other leader class figure.
    Sentinel prime: Alright here's the big one. Up until now we thought that Shockwave was going to be our big bad but the leaked graphic novel proves otherwise. Pretty much the reason Shockwave isn't a leader class figure is because hes not the villain. Sentinel is.

Why we didn't get these Leaders

Shockwave: I sort of covered this in Sentinels entry but I'll explain it again. Shockwave is not the villain. Sentinel is.

Optimus Prime: As I said Optimus is going to be our supreme figure. To include the trailer would've made this too expensive for a leader toy.

Megatron: Oh Boy. To be honest I can't think of a legitmate reason why megatron didn't get the leader treatment. If it were my choice I would've swapped out Bumblebee for Megatron. I guess Sentinel is considered a bigger threat but still I really want to see a leader version of Megatron. However many of use were surprised when we saw a leader Starscream prototype so there could be some hope.

ALright I Hope this clears up any confusion. This certainly took a long time to right and I hope you enjoy.

2. payton34

payton34 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you for another "why is/isn't such and such a leader" thread. There aren't enough already.

3. Houndvoice

Houndvoice Well-Known Member

This thread wont end well... :popcorn 

4. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Here's another option. Hasbro chose what would sell the best. Villians dont sell as well as the good guys.

5. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

Lol this is gonna turn into a shit storm.

6. Harrier

Harrier Well-Known Member

This.

Hasbro is still a company whose goal is to make money. Kids dont want Megatron if they can have Bumblebee, Ironhide, and a Fire truck. And as much as we probably dont want to admit it...They are aimed at kids :crazy: 

7. wm10k

wm10k Reanimator of Dead Things

Do we really think that all the leader toys for the film are these three only?....and right out of the gate!?....i dont think so

8. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I agree with your reasoning, who is to say we aren't getting more Leader Class figures? We got four molds of characters who were in ROTF. I can easily see Hasbro putting out a Leader Class Shockwave or Megatron or both later on down the line.

9. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

im still hoping for leader class

shockwave
    blackout
    megatron 3
    the fallen
    maybe ratchet?

do it hasbro. do it now! :) 

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Considering how early we actually saw Ironhide, and the rumor saying there's going to be more than the usual number of Leaders for this line, makes me think that there's a good chance that there will be at least one more Leader figure released this year. Personally I'm hoping for Megatron.

Let's just wait and see. Botcon is less than two weeks away.

11. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    I have a strong feeling that the new alt mode and design for Megatron would make him sell better than the first two.

12. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

yeah, he finally gets his earth mode. and it rivals prime as a rig.

13. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Explosions?

News Credits:
    The tag to use is [ SPOILER ] and [ /SPOILER ] but without the spaces. You might want to use it, just in case.

14. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    What if hasbro was witing for good cgi models to work from for the newer guys and did a bb iron hide, an di have no justification for sentinel other than his design was done early on?

15. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No offense to anyone, but I fail to see the logic in the OP's reasoning. I fail to see the logic in Hasbro's reasoning as well.

TF-TM07:

Leader-Optimus Prime - Obvious reason, he is the leader and this was the first movie.
    Leader-Megatron - Obvious reason, he was the main villain in the first movie.
    Leader Brawl - Not sure why, but he was badass as a leader figure. Did Hasbro make him because he was killed? If so, then why not Blackout or Bonecrusher as well then?

TF-ROTF:

Leader Optimus Prime - Leader of Autobots and huge improvement over 1st movie leader Prime toy.
    Leader Megatron - Decepticon leader and all-new look
    Leader Starscream - Don't know why, but he is awesome.

Why didn't we get a leader sized Fallen? He was a major villain in the movie.

TF-DOTM:

Leader Sentinel Prime - He's a Prime and a major character in the movie.
    Leader Ironhide - He's almost as large as OP, so it is nice to see him fit in with Leader OP now.
    Leader Bumblebee - A total WASTE! Yeah, he looks cool, but leader size? And still no right hand?! He may sell well, but this is BB mania here.

Why not Leader Blackout? I know, I know, when hell freezes over... :( 

Why not Leader Megatron? He has a great new alt-mode now that would look great next to ROTF's Leader Prime toy. Actually has hands this time, and a cool arm cannon. Finally Megatron looks COOL!

Shockwave is one of Megatron's main minions who is simply a badass. He is begging for a leader version. I don't quite get it why Megs and Shock's aren't leaders yet?

On a side note, what is the deal with Soundwave? His toy version got shafted in the second movie like Bonecrusher was, what is going to happen to Soundwave now? Still going to be a tiny Deluxe satellite?

16. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Soundwave is the silver Mercedes, and we're getting at least a Human Alliance figure of him.

17. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    how is this a spoiler?
    your opinions ?

really?

my neighbor's baby is going to kill megatron in the movie...SPOILER ALERT!

your thread is a FAIL!

18. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    The spoiler was that Sentinel is the bad guy.

19. G1_Cindersaur

G1_Cindersaur Banned

News Credits:
    with what kind of proof? just because he said...oooohhhh....

20. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    C'mon man, its just common courtesy on these boards. Surely you've seen how much some folks will bitch if spoilers are discussed in a thread that doesn't state that spoilers are contained within? Chill.

And this kind of statement is a bit douchey, no? Unnecessarily angry.

I'm holding out for a leader megs (never thought i'd hear myself say that!). I'm also still holding out for a leader bonecrusher and Blackout ;) . Couldnt give two sheeats about a leader The Fallen.