Dark of the Moon Ironhide Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Reviews' started by Peaugh, Jan 28, 2011.

1. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    really the only improvement i see over the rotf version is the addition of a balljoint on his ankles....i wish there was a way to cut down the old feet and attach these

2. Peaugh

Peaugh Hi.

News Credits:
    Reshoot is done and up! It's in the first post.

3. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    Thanks Peaugh! I like the time you spent talking about his arms and it doesn't seem as bad as I was originally led to believe. This reshoot has brought more of my hopes up for the potential of this figure. I'll be looking for the possibilities on increasing the articulation in the "shoulder" area when I get the opportunity to own the figure.

Anyone who has it want to get rid of it? PM me (please)!!! ;) 

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Wow, this definitely makes it look a lot better. Nice to see that the chest does lock in properly, and the arms are nowhere near as bad as some people made it sound. Seems like the only real problem is that there isn't much in the forward/backward movement range, but considering the character that's not a crippling feature. :lol 

5. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    I got one today, and where there are screws under the hood on yours are push pins on mine. The figure I have isn't as floppy as others, and stays in place quite well. I've shaken it upside down, moved the arms around, and the chest still holds. I'd like to do the mod anyway but I don't know how to remove those pins without drilling a hole from the top side of the hood and tapping it out.

Despite the shoulders not allowing forward range of movement it works well enough. I have it displayed with the double knee bend (shins positioned on an angle instead of straight up and down), and it doesn't look bad that way either. This set up makes his legs less lanky, but does make him shorter.

6. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Yeah, Peaugh has the same push pins on his Ironhide... Maybe I got a sample older than his? Much like the Recon Ironhide sample I got last year had an hybrid head (regular ROTF Ironhide head with production Recon Ironhide neck plate and head attachment).

7. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    well,this reshoot really changed my opinion.I'm glad that chest can lock properly and the arms aren't that bad as I thought.Also I don't know why but I like that Ironhide looks more athletic now

8. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    He can take some pretty good poses, despite the linear range of movement for his shoulders. If only they designed a latch that could snap into the U bar for the chest... He's a good figure. What the first mold design lacked in the elbows this figure makes up for because he has much more than just a 90' bend there. Plus the ball jointed/hinged ankles are excellent.

Attached Files:

9. butz

butz slippery when wet

How does this guy look next to HftD voyager Prime? I can't help but really like the look of him, despite his flaws. If he fits in well enough with some of my other movie figures, he might be one I get right out of the gate.

10. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    I recommend him, especially because he looks killer with two arm cannons. Unfortunately every right arm cannon I have from the previous molds are too loose for this figure, BUT the new Mech Tech Cannon works well too.

Attached Files:

11. butz

butz slippery when wet

Awesome! Thanks! May not be to scale, but I really like the way he looks next to that Prime. I'm thinking I'll give him Recon Ironhide's weapons- not just the arm cannons like Peaugh did in the video, but I'll see how well he can hold the rifle and knife so I can have an armed to the teeth Ironhide like in the DotM game trailer.

12. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hope Peaugh gets DOTM Leader Ironhide soon, been itchin for someone to review him

13. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    just picked mine up today and very annoyed by the u bar problem.

I hate that I have to pick between a crooked chest or a floppy one.

Mine was bought at retail and used pins instead of screws on the u-bar

14. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobotist

Ebay:
    using some needle nose pliers, twist inward the white/gray plastic parts that the u-bar is pinned to. Mine twisted in real easy and gives the clearance needed for the hood halves to not butt up to each other.

Attached Files:

15. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Tried that to get clearance but even with the clearance the u-bar doesn't latch to the torso at all

16. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    I just got this figure on Thursday and after watching this video noticed that mine has been neutered! The pegs on the tailgate pieces have been shaved off! They're not that floppy or anything, but why would they decide to cut them off in the first place? Judging by this video, they don't hinder anything.

17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This may have been discussed, but if you swap the front wheels, Ironhide's arms will have more freedom to move, and the chest won't want to unlock.

18. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great review as always...this one just aint for me. I honestly prefer my Recon to this one. it just looks like the version of iron hide when he was a teen-ager, before he went to degobah for training, fought in all the wars against the cylons...

gaaahhhh...is what im tryin to say, is it looks like a younger ironhide from a looong time ago, instead of the buff, weightlifter looking guy from the movies, that I really like.

19. jametron

jametron Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE! Taste Kittens…

News Credits:
    So does anyone else have these tabs cut off as well... anyone know why they would be? Certainly couldn't be a safety issue.

20. Ironhide4

Ironhide4 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey man, how do you know if the chest on voyager Ironhide is crooked or floppy? Thanks.