Dark of the Moon Game Preview Event TFW2005 Hands On!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, May 26, 2011.

1. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    I'm still mightily upset there's no PC version of the game.

I would buy that if it existed, but I'm not gonna buy a console just to play one game.

2. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Sounds about how I expected it to be, other than two things.

Bummer. I loved double jumping around in WFC. And about local multiplayer:

Ugh. Eyeroll.

Please tell me they've at least added host migration...

3. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yea...could you imagine mods....

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    I read that there would be both create-a-bots AND movie bots. Thank God because I just couldn't be convinced that Optimus coloured blue with a sore throat wasn't Optimus.

5. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    So the classes are back? Do I take it then that there is the option to use the default/movie accurate colours if you choose? Or is the multiplayer we've seen so far an unfinished build without that feature added yet?

6. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Well-Known Member

My fears exactly... and to make it even more scary, doesn't Stealth mode have auto-targeting/lock on - so thats better ammo, better armour and easy lock on

What is the point of 'bot mode then?

Perhaps map layout will make it advantageous to traverse in Bot mode as opposed to vehicle mod (stealth or alt)... narrow streets, tall buildings, obstacles & debris etc, I hope these sorts of features make vehicle mods less favourable and encourage Bot mod for ease of maneuverability (particularly on the vertical axis!)

>>>> All that said, some questions for Tony B -

1. Can you confirm if scaling walls or climbing is present (as per ROTF)? Or do we just jump/hop up a series of objects to get to the tops of buildings (we can get to use the tops of buildings yeah?)?

2. How much vertical space is there in MP... are the jets severely limited to how high they can go up? Do you feel too restricted or was there adequate space for flying? Comparison to ROTF if you can.

3. What is Stealth mode like for a jet... or do we just take it that as the jets are, by their very nature & design, setup to have their arsenal at the ready throughout their altmode anyways?

4. Do we HAVE to recolour the chassis in MP or can we retain the movie design/scheme?

5. What were the maximum match sizes in MP - is it 5v5 (or 10 total) like WFC or did the increase it a little, or worse, scale it back some?

Cheers for any answers!

Still excited about the game despite my concerns for super-duper-all-you-can-shoot-Stealth-mode :) 

7. Mechafire

News Credits:
    I was kinda thinking this too. Really hope the multiplayer isn't just a big Stealth Mode-fest. :( 

8. hotshot5851

hotshot5851 Member

YES! MIRAGE IS GONNA BE PLAYABLE!:thumb 

9. Goadster

Goadster New Member

Do you have screen shot of wheeljack and warpath? And how good is mirage and warpath?

10. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    Oh, I have to ask; is the Mixmaster Boss fight any good?

11. Bayless

Bayless Well-Known Member

Where is a full list of game characters located? I'd like to see.

12. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Don't think there's a COMPLETELY full list yet (I say that meaning the Multiplayer roster, which is considerably larger), but as for single player (Spoilers for those who don't want to know):

In order of chapter,

I - Bumblebee
    II - Ironhide
    III - Mirage
    IV - Soundwave
    V - Megatron
    VI - Starscream
    VI - Optimus

13. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Im very glad to see that other gamers can see what I see this game turning into..

And Id like to see those questions answered as well. I LOVED climbing the buildings...If that omitted...its a big deal for me.

I tell ya, I will really be disapointed if the jets default fly is the hover stuff from WFC, and you only turn to jet when you "boost"

And Ya...I forgot to mention the target lock available to stealth mode which makes them even more poerful...yeeeech

14. caldo15

caldo15 Banned

News Credits:
    Hey Tony,

Any word if there will be a demo on xbox live before the game is released? If I remember right, there was a demo for war for cybertron a few weeks before it was released. I'm gonna have to hurry up and finish LA Noire, because I will be playing this game 24/7. Just wish there were more achievements for multiplayer, like the prime mode achievement.

15. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    i want to know about prime combining with his trailer?

16. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Aside from Shockwave and Megatron, did we see other bosses? (cough! mixmaster! cough!)

17. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Just out of curiosity, somebody did ask if they included host migration this time, right?

18. Mechafire

News Credits:
    Yeah, I mean I'm not immediately condemning the game. I still have it preordered and am gonna be picking it up when it comes out, and I have no doubt I'll enjoy the campaign. However, if Stealth Mode is stronger, I can easily see the it becoming the most used mode in multiplayer.

But that's not to say that can adjust some of the gameplay factors after release. Remember, this is High Moon, and they made a bunch of tweaks to WFC's multiplayer.

I'd say I'm remaining cautiously optimistic.

19. raziel_eire

raziel_eire Well-Known Member

I'd be of the same opinion - concerned but certainly not condemned.

I'll get it and I'll want to like it (as I'm a movie-verse fan), which should see me brush over a few minor flaws (if there are any, but there always are)... but as each piece of information is revealed to get me excited, another piece of information highlights a concern.

How they support the game afterwards will also be a key part to the whole equation... we know WFC2 is on the make, so are they going to quickly move all the man-power straight to it after getting the movie cash-cow out the door or will there be meaningful DLC to follow-up?

The DLC pack from Luxoflux for ROTF was great (albeit, IMHO, the G1 models were something of a waste in comparison to if they'd added further movie characters, but I get it that the homage to G1 needs some servicing) and I was pretty bummed when I learned they wouldn't be releasing a 2nd pack, which at one stage was muted as a possibility.

We all have our favourite characters, hell we all have our 2nd, 3rd, 4th and upwards fav characters and we're all invested in seeing our favourites in the game... so give us more characters, more options please, perhaps sell them in a big DLC whilst perhaps also offering them as individuals for those that can't afford or don't want the complete pack. A few quid is better then none right?

In terms of releasable characters, they have plenty of options open - we can clearly see that they have got their hands on all the Luxoflux designs & models from the ROTF game (quick nod out to the excellent work by The Bad Flip Blog!), even so far as seeing the Lenco Bearcat Protectobot Warrior model in a 3DS screenshot which is a very cool design by the way, perfect for a DOTM Warrior class character - offer this range of models to us with a colour palette and I'm sure many of us would gladly let loose on our purse strings!

Still, we're getting a transformers game again, we should be grateful right?

20. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    I still pass on this game it does not intres me.