Dark of the Moon characters, all or a few?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    They did make all of the characters toys from the first movie, but yet they have not for the second movie toy line. For the second movie line they left out:

Scrapper
    Overload
    Hightower
    3 of the 4 kitchen bots
    Elita-1 (and no I'm not counting that stupid repaint)

I'm just worried, Do you think they will leave out some characters for the third movie in the toy line? I really hope they don't forget:

The rest of the Nascars
    The Einstein bot (which I'm hoping to call Wheeljack)
    Silverbolt

2. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    I doubt this time they will

3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Doubt what? They will make all or They won't make all?

4. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Doubt means that he/she/them/whatever Dosent Think it will happen

5. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There were more than four kitchen bots. The line has just started. Doubt they're going to leave anyone out this time.

6. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The kitchen bots were left out because they had really small parts. Ejector probably only got a toy because he'd appeared in a commercial cross promoting with TF1.

The other constructicons didn't get toys because Hasbro felt that a bunch of construction vehicles wouldn't have sold as well. And only Scrapper had a robot mode that appeared in the film.

Elita-One didn't get a new mold because Hasbro didn't believe they were important enough characters.

7. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it all depends on how many robots are in Dark of the Moon. If there aren't too many new bots then chances are good that Hasbro will cover them all because they need bots to fill up the waves. Too many bots and I think the chances start dipping because Hasbro really likes the off screen or hybrid figures that give them more creative freedom.

Plus with Revenge of the Fallen figures not moving as fast as the first film's toys we have no idea how many waves Dark of the Moon will have.

8. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually they did make Scrapper, Overload, and Hightower toys. Just that they were Legends class and not the deluxe/voyager class you seem to be referring to.

9. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

They did make all of the Constructicons. However, if you wanted them all, you would have to buy the rather expensive Devastator figure.

I believe the OP was referring to the Deluxe/Voyager classes... and they did Scrapper, Overload, and Hightower toys in those classes. However, they were never sold individually... they were sold as part of the Devastator set, which unfortunately was retailed at an insanely high price.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    technically it's not them since they didn't transform, i'd be more inclined to go with the legends ones as them, calling the ones in the supreme devastator set them is like calling the drones in pccs by the combiner limb names

11. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    Ill buy a couple but Im not planning on too many of the. The Lambo and Voyager Megs are at the top of my list right now.

12. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    I hope they revisit the constructicons in DOTM. And that the new Arcee is actually Elita-1's design.

13. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

To be fair, I don't think we did badly at all in terms of getting toys representing on-screen characters. The (short) list on the first page is a testamant to that. If we get such a high percentage of bots who appear in the whole movie this time around then I reckon we'll have done very well.

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Honestly, I don't think they'll revisit the non-used constructicon designs for this line. If anything we might get some repaints/retools of the figures we already have, but I think that'll be it. They'll want to concentrate mostly on the new and returning characters.

Although part of me is really hoping that Hasbro somehow finds a way to release that Voyager Prime + Jetfire armor that Takara was going to release last year. Very little chance of that happening, but one can always dream...

15. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    highly doubt these we have seen wave 1
    The rest of the Nascars
    The Einstein bot (which I'm hoping to call Wheeljack)
    Silverbolt

16. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    In fairness, the list you have their does have some very minor characters on it. Scrapper had about ten seconds of footage all in all, and Overload and Hightower were only seen combing to form Devastator.

As someone else said, there were a lot more then four. And as someone else said, Ejector probably only got a toy because he was in a Mountain Dew ad or something like that, as well as Revenge of the Fallen.

Given that we've only seen the listings for the first wave or two, I think we might do alright. I don't really care if small minor characters that might appear in the film don't get any toys what so ever, I'm happy with all the major characters. So far, voyager Ironhide is at the top of my list. A long with the Dreads, The Wrecker that we seen and maybe voyager Megatron.

17. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Scrapper, Hightower, Overload did have toys in Legends size. I got my oversized ones from kotoys.com.
    As for the Pretender Alice, stick robot or reed robot, the numerous kitchen bots and the various insect like robots in the movie, they were indeed missing the toys. There was a flying insect the brought something to Scalpel. There was also a worm like thing that went inside Sam during examination by Scalpel. I also wished there were more kitchen toys but the main one I missed was the the sexy Alice robot.