Dark of the Moon Bumblebee and Optimus

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by legolas grof, Jan 14, 2011.

1. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    What ever happened to bumblebee and optimus getting a makeover?! Didn't Michael bay state that bumblebee was to be made to look more mature and optimus to be made to look more heroic?!

2. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    we haven't seen cgi renders of the bot modes yet...

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Micheal bay never sayed that bee and priem were getting modification, the Gusy at ILM Sayed thatb ee and priem were getting soem modification

4. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's going to be really subtle. They aren't going to completely redesign the characters, but tweak the models. For example, they may give Prime a more barrel chest, broader shoulders, etc. They might make Bee stand up a little straighter, make his eyes a little smaller, add more lines to his face, etc.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Actually, those leaked pics of the Robot Replica and Leader Bumblebee reveals that he did change notceably, mostly in the chest area. It is quite different, with the torso being wider and with a different layout of parts, as well as being able to open up and reveal something blue. It also had new shoulder cannons, which kinda look like Soundwave's blue soundweapons, seen in his RotF concept art.

Prime's standard mode will likely not change much, but the voyager toy pretty much confirms that he gets a new battlemode that could look quite different.

6. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought that was a new version of a Power Bot, not a Robot Replica. And, while they give us some idea, we can't be certain how accurate to the CGI the toys will be until we see the CGI.

Looking back at the figures though, it does look like Prime's abs are no longer the grill but something else.

7. oddacidtea

oddacidtea Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just compare TF1 Prime with ROTF Prime. The subtle changes in the face alone stand out as much as any total overhaul might have. It's night and day. I watches them back to back last night as I was finishing with my illustrations.

Two scenes that can be compared:

Watch the Observatory scene in movie one, followed immediately by the Galloway scene in the Hanger in ROTF. There are posture and placement changes in the body, sure, but those pale in comparision to the improvement in the facial movements, expressions and lip sync.

Bumblebee is a little harder to put a finger on. It think that with him, it's a simple matter that more focus was put on his facial expressions in ROTF, such as with the garage scene, as well as Sam's apparent death. In the first movie, less happened in the face, more happened in the body. Look at the scene in Mission city where he gives Sam the Allspark.

I think that most of the changes and improvements were in the overall expression and animation, rather than the cosmetics.

8. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

they repainted the bumblebee cars so the black stripes look different & more bad ass :D 

9. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Looked too detailed and not cartoony enough to be a Power Bot, though I could be wrong.

10. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    In TF3 I finally want Optimus and Bumblebee to finally hold hands and prance off into the sunset (seeing as Bay loves these two so much). Only kidding.

I'm not convinced that that Optimus was a leader figure. It's too much of a step back. TF1 Optimus looked much better and that was more experimental engineering since they never tried anything like that before. ROTF Leader wasn't 100% perfected either though amazing as it was.