Dark of the Moon Availability

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Soundbytes, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been having trouble finding somewhere that will have the the DOTM Ultimate Edition on the shelves tomorrow. Best Buys local ad says it will be $24.99, but it is nowhere on there website or (according to the Best Buy employee who I talked to on the phone) in their stock. Is it an online-only thing (making our coupons useless) or am I just missing something. I genuinely hope it's the latter.

2. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm having the same problem. Also, I have the coupon that came with the original BD (10 bucks off the 3D edition) and Best Buy said they will honor it, but I can't even see if it will be available there tomorrow.

3. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't you just hate that? 85% of the time, the stuff I want to buy is NEVER in stores!

4. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 UNICRON

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wal*Mart has them and they price match and honor the coupon, so i got both of mine at midnight from there, Best buy should have them in the store. They just for what ever reason didn't put it up online.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Damn, I was just at Walmart and I didn't see them. I'll try Best Buy in two hours. How much did you end up paying, Terror?

6. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 UNICRON

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    $16.49 a piece. Can't beat it :) 

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My buddy works at Best Buy and said that they are online-only with them. How freakin' weird, it's not like we're talking about some obscure movie.

8. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 UNICRON

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Not to doubt your buddy but are you sure he knows what he's talking about? If its in their ad it isnt an online only item unless stated. I say Try wal*marts. Ask if you have to, but mine had them. Good luck :)  Keep me posted.

9. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I just confirmed (sort of). I think his store has them on backorder. My local store says available in store.

10. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 UNICRON

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome, Good luck i hope there are no more setbacks, its a great set I've had an hour of sleep, the rest of my time has been spent watching it in 3D and i'm on the special features right now. Some seriously interesting stuff in here, but the ultraviolet digital copy sucks, won't work for android.

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well in the few movies I own in 3D, I have noticed that the 3D is always more pronounced at home than in the theater (probably because the larger the screen the more depth you lose), so I am really looking forward to watching this in 3D.

12. Terrorsaur128

Terrorsaur128 UNICRON

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It is pretty impressive, Certain parts more so than others. At least on par if not better than IMAX in my experience anyways. Also you'll be happy to know there's not much ghosting at all, i noticed it at one part but other than that it was the best quality live-action 3D I've seen to date. Hopefully you'll agree, good luck on finding it

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just picked it up. 16 bucks. You know, I have to hand it to them. MB warned us that there would be a special edition, and they still gave us this nifty little 10-bucks off coupon. That's an awesome gesture, because they really didn't owe us anything for this, especially since they warned us. I was gonna double-dip anyway.

14. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well man check this right, I went to my local Target to by the Limited Edition right, the shelf had the tag but nothing physically on it. I started to think hey this better not be the DOTM toy release all over again where Im hunting these things down. So I asked one of the girls working and they said they dont have them. I asked if they had any this morning, and she said they didnt even get them in yet???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So I felt a little better....

So then I decided to go to my best buy. What do I see, a guy with a stack of about 7 of the Limited Editions......whenever I see that I get furious and I say to myself that sort of thing should not be allowed, but I didnt really care because they had a few on the shelves and for 24.99......thats a steal. So yeah my best buy had it for 24.99......now if only I can get an edition with deleted scenes;)  hehe...but anyway

but yeah dudes best buy should have it......

15. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ended up getting mine at Best Buy for 24 plus coupon!