Heavy/Scratch: Dark Minions Volume 1 (Shapeways)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Toy Designer

Edit: Please note: this set still uses Fremble v4. I am working on fixing my Twilight Scout design (my prints had some fusing problems), and will update to Fremble v6 when that is done. For the time being, please see Fremble v6's thread for order links.

EDIT: Fixed all the files except Dark Minion Complete. Stupid me accidentally pressed the wrong button. Everything's fine now, i'll fix the Complete file asap.

And now to release these guys for real! You've all seen my Dark Fremble Twins, which i released about a week or so ago. Here's their pals! Dark Minions, Ravager, Beast, Sqwawk, Saw and Beak.

As you all know by now, these guys are designed to work with WFC Soundwave. In alt mode, they fit into his chest, where the guns normally are, while in robot mode they can terrorise Autobots.

Ravager: Transforms from Jaguar to Turntable to SSD (Solid State Drive) mode. Fremble loves the Turntable, apparently. :) 

Beast: Transforms from Gorilla to SSD mode. Incredible physical strength compared to the other Minions, leaves the Talking to his partner Sqwawk.

Sqwawk: Transforms from Bird to SSD mode. Never shuts up. :lol 

Beak: Transforms from Bird to SSD mode. Always competing with Saw to be Soundwave's favorite bird.

Saw: Transforms from Bird to SSD mode. Better tracker than Beak, hates losing.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    These are all available through Shapeways. There are two ways to get them. You can buy them separately, or save yourself $5 and order them as Dark Minion Volume 1. As an added bonus, buy Volume 1, and get a bonus Twilight Scout Minion!

(Sqwawk/Beak/Saw on Shapeways)

(Beast on Shapeways)

(Ravager on Shapeways)

(Fremble on Shapeways)

(Fremble Double Pack on Shapeways) (If you're just looking for Fremble, the Double Pack gets you two Frembles at a cheaper price than buying them separately) (Here's the Fremble thread i posted a while back for more pics)

(Dark Minion Volume 1 with Bonus Twilight Scout Minion)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And just because they're so cute...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Warning: Separating Fremble units from turntables may result in a piledriver connecting with your face. ;)  :lol 

All the Dark Minions you see here are printed in WSF/BSF/Some other Strong and Flexible, because that's the best material for the ball joints. I do offer them in Detail materials, which they are designed to work in. Of course, i don't have a Detail one in hand, so...y'know... *shrugs* I designed them to work in Detail, but a physical copy i don't have.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    You want this Twilight Scout Minion? Well, it comes free with Dark Minion Volume 1!
    [​IMG]
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, my camera's crap. I know. :( 

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      85.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      51.4 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      45.4 KB
      Views:
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      96.1 KB
      Views:
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      File size:
      87.7 KB
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      93.5 KB
      Views:
    • 7.jpg
      7.jpg
      File size:
      107 KB
      Views:
    • 8.jpg
      8.jpg
      File size:
      69.7 KB
      Views:
    • X1.jpg
      X1.jpg
      File size:
      40.7 KB
      Views:
    • X2.jpg
      X2.jpg
      File size:
      78.5 KB
      Views:
  2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They are all just too adorable in their tiny rainbow colored army of evil'ness

3. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

They look like candy.

4. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

Can they fit into an unmodded WFC Soundwave? I know you're original ones need the mod you had designed for him?
    If so, Im just may pick up a set - I love the Beast one.

5. Treadshot A1

No mods needed, I designed them to work without mods. And my Soundwave's mod wasn't really a deliberate mod, so much as I left it at engineering class near a circular saw... :(  pro tip: never leave a toy near a power tool and expect to get it back in one piece. :lol 

6. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    QFT. They're sooooo adorably evil.

Question, what material were those done in? They look... fuzzy. >_>

Still cool, but I guess that material isn't quite the one to use.

7. Treadshot A1

WSF. They're fuzzy because I used my Phone Camera which is shoddy.

8. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    Not bad at all man. It's good to see you branching out into the other minions. Good job on them.

9. Treadshot A1

Thanks for the kind words all. :) 

Apparently there's been a slight scaling issue. When i uploaded to Shapeways, i'm guessing i must've clicked the wrong button or something, because they all (aside from Fremble) came out slightly smaller than expected. Anyways, i'm fixing the issue as we speak, and i'll post again when it's all ready to go. The final product won't be any different functionally, except that everyone (barring Fremble) will be slightly larger. :) 

10. Maximo Prime

Maximo Prime Bassist of Ill Repute

Ebay:
    they DO look like candy! regardless, they look awesome. if i get some cash set aside, i'd like to snap 'em all up...they are cute as anything.

11. Treadshot A1

MP! Thanks bro! Heh, they do look tasty. I wouldn't recommend eating them though! :lol 

Oh, and i've fixed all the files except Dark Minion Complete. Stupid me pressed "mm" instead of "inches". My stupidity amazes even me... :(  :banghead: 

12. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Could you post any pics non-painted? They look really... rough, and I don't think it's the camera. Plus I'm probably not really going to paint mine if I get them.

Particularly the not-Ravage, if you don't mind.

Thanks!

13. cnomis

cnomis Well-Known Member

yup, jelly candy~~ha

14. Treadshot A1

Im afraid I Ordered All mine in dyed Strong and Flexible. And I only photographed them after paint. I don't have any photos of them unpainted.

Mmm...robots... :drool: