3D Artwork: Dark Minions Fremble, Ravager and Beast

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Treadshot A1, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Okay, i'm fed up. I'm a competitive guy, i admit to that. I hate seeing other people with designs cooler than my own, especially if i was the first to make something and then someone comes along and just totally shows me up. But it drives me onward, and i then create something even better. Drak Minion Fremble has been finished for months, but then Fakebusker came along and i just sorta...well, i didn't have the guts to even click his Thugger thread. I could feel my design bursting out of the water, so to speak. So i decided to swallow my pride, check it out, and then upgrade my own design. Variety is good, right? :D  (I'm kidding, Fakebusker's stuff is awesome, i wish i was half that good)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Shapeways page here)

(Double Pack Here)

It's got everything you'd expect. A robot and his set of piledriver-cannons. He fits into WFC Soundwave's chest, and his cannons can then arm onto Soundwave as cannons (that's why there's a peg on the outside). The idea is that one plugs into the other, and then into one side of Soundwave (so with two, you'd end up with 4 guns on Soundwave). I went with a more G1 based version of this guy, as has been the idea since V1, since i'm nowhere near good enough to model the WFC versions (this 3D stuff is hard...), so hopefully i won't be stepping on anyone's toes here. That, and, i just love G1 cassetticons. :D 

For me, it was integral to me as a personal touch that the features from v3 were carried forward. For those reasons, i kept the lower arms, and even though the lower legs are completely redesigned, i kept the old foot design, as it was distinctive from any other Fremble i've seen to date. The head and chest also were kept. As a little artistic touch, and one thing i love about this design, i added spring-like detailing on the thighs/upper legs. I reasoned that, with the piledrivers slamming into the ground, some shock absorption was necessary. Just a small touch, but it makes it unique to me. :) 

So yeah, hope you guys like it, and i have to thank Fakebusker for getting me off my lazy ass to finish this baby. Thanks bro. :) 

(the other attached pics are of WFC Minion Fremble V3, the prelude to this new version, to illustrate the basic idea. A lot's changed since then, of course. ;)  )

Attached Files:

2. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

I'm curious of how you go along making these. In terms of programs and tips with joints.

3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    I love your happy little dudes, and the convertable mode for Soundwave is GREAT!

I'm sure I can find a spot in my next shapeways order for some..

4. Treadshot A1

Thanks guys. They do look happy, don't they? :) 

And yeah, having them ride around in Soundwave's convertible mode is awesome. :D 

I've just put up the render of Blue Fremble, and i'm also going to offer a Double Pack, which will be a better deal than just buying one. Stay tuned!

5. Treadshot A1

Dark Ravager Minion v3

So, after reworking Fremble, i decided to rework Ravager as well. This time, like with Fremble, it's a no mods, straight out of the box accessory. It fits in WFC Soundwave's chest.

The idea with Ravager was to make a bulky, stealthy cat, while keeping features from v2. The head and tail are modified versions of v2, while the lower legs are actually Fremble's forearms, modified into paws. The rest...is a lot of time wasted. :lol 

Articulation wise, Ravager v3 has 2 ball joints in each leg, and a swivel neck which lets him look up and down (up is a bit limited...). The tail also has a swivel, up and down.

Unlike Fremble, whose altmode is a Solid State Drive, i decided to go a bit different with Ravager. He's a turntable. Yep, a turntable. Credit to Digilaut for that idea.

Anyways, hope you guys like it. It'll be available for purchase soon.

[​IMG]

Like Fremble, it was of the utmost importance that the transformation was simple, to keep the toy as durable as possible (i've never had a snap on any of my minions, and i don't plan to start now). Hence, you just rotate the legs, and the head flips into the body. The tail also flips into the body (i didn't in the screenshot because...flipping stuff is hard).

Attached Files:

6. Apoclatron5675

Apoclatron5675 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    awesome and considering I just got WFC SW(finally but have to exchange and get a new one due to a huge QC issue) I now want this kitty for him

7. Treadshot A1

Thanks! I also have a Fremble Minion available as well, if you're interested. They'll both be put up for sale probably by Thursday (which is...Wednesday in teh States), $5 for Ravager, $7.50 for Fremble (including Piledrivers).

8. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    COOL!!!!!

9. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

he looks fat

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Kinda looks like a bear.

11. Treadshot A1

Thanks. :) 

He was designed to be bulky, and also forms a turntable, so i'm quite alright with him being a bit "fat".

Well, as if an evil robot jaguar wasn't creepy enough, evil-robot-jaguar-bear-turntable should scare the hell out of some Autobots. :lol 

12. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    The more ambitous you get, the more I like your stuff, this one is VERY fun!

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Stephen Cobert is certainly on edge after looking at this. :thumb 

14. Treadshot A1

Dark Minion Beast v2

Hey! I've been reworking all my WFC Minions recently, as you may have seen both with Dark Minion Fremble v4 and Dark Ravager Minion v3. This is the next one, Dark Minion Beast (I know, i skipped Beak and Saw). I never released version, as after seeing the real product in my hands, i was gutted with some of the flaws of the design. So, taking the most distinctive part of it, i went back, and made this guy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I took Ravager as my starting point, and the head from v1, and reworked the transformation of v1, ending up with this. The improvements are a much bulkier upper body, bigger forearms, and overall a more gorilla-esque robot mode. The head i didn't modify from the original except for sizing. His altmode is a Solid State Drive, to securely store data Soundwave collects.

Beast will be available as soon as Fremble gets to me, assuming all goes well with Fremble. :) 

Attached Files:

15. Cybermnky

Cybermnky Well-Known Member

Its a Transformers monkey(technically ape I suppose), so I'm excited for it.

16. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Beastbox!!

17. Treadshot A1

Really glad to report that these guys have been shipped in Black Strong and Flexible, so the new ball joint system obviously passes the printing process. They will get to me on the 25th, which is 24th in the States i think. Stay tuned!

18. Treadshot A1

Great! I don't have half a clue what the difference between Ape and Monkey anyways... :lol 

No, it's not. It's not Beastbox. But you could make a Beastbox custom out of it... ;) 
    ---------------------------------------------
    I'm glad to report that Fremble has shipped, so the experimental ball joint has pass the shipping process. Fremble will get to me on the 25th (24th in the States), so if he assembles all well and good, Dark Minion Beast will be released on that day.

19. Treadshot A1

Thanks D/L! Love your support bro! :) 

:lolol 
    ---------------------------------------------
    I'm glad to report that Fremble has shipped, so the experimental ball joint has pass the shipping process. Fremble will get to me on the 25th (24th in the States), so if he assembles all well and good, Dark Minion Ravager will be released on that day.

20. Treadshot A1

WFC Sqwawk/Beak/Saw Minion v2

Ah, my favorite minion. The first version i loved, and love to bits. It just worked so well, i was surprised by it. But again, it was too big, needed mods to Soundwave, and overall was just a pain in the ass to pull out. So, i reworked it, especially since i'd reworked Fremble, Ravager and Beast. Here's what i ended up with:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To fit better with Beast and Ravager, i wanted a bulkier body (the original's head was criticised for being too big). The legs of the original were kept, though reworked a bit, meshed with Fremble's arms, Ravager's legs and Beast's arms, to get to the legs you see here. Wings are also reworked from the original, and the tail as well. The transformation's pretty easy. Just fold the legs up, wings in, and fold the head into the body.

(Shapeways page here)
    (Not available for purchase...yet)

As with Ravager and Beast, he'll be available for purchase on Shapeways as soon as Fremble gets to me, on the 25th (24th in the States).

Attached Files: