Dark Knight Rises toyline

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Ravenxl7, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Hadn't seen this posted yet, so decided to do so myself (just so you know, there are some minor spoilers):

COOL TOY REVIEW: Your Source For Action Figure Images & News Mattel: The Dark Knight Rises Details
    I'm definitely looking forward to the Movie Master figures. If nobody else, I'll at least get a Batman and a Bane. Depending on how the finished version looks, and how many figures needed to complete it, I'm not sure if I'll try and finish the batsignal.

The "quicktek" figures sound kind of interesting, and most definitely gimmick-ridden. I might get one or two of them just to fiddle with. Some more normal 4" scaled figures would have been appreciated.

There's little chance that I'll get the "the bat" vehicle, but I do look forward to seeing it represented in toy-form. If we get a non-motorized Hot Wheel version, I'll be getting that one.

2. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Given Mattel's very bad track record with recent movie figures, I don't have much faith in this new movie line. Also, will the new Movie Masters figures for this line be the same scale and quality as the Dark Knight Movie Masters? That's the only thing I'd be interested in.

3. Alucard88

Alucard88 Supernatural

Dark Knight Rises toy line

Over at TNI some information was given by mattel on their toy line for the new batman movie. Here's some of that information:

MOVIE MASTERS FIGURES:
    This assortment is all about the collector with 6-inch Movie Masters® figures designed with authentic detail and supreme quality. Collect every figure available in 2012 and receive pieces that can be assembled into a BATSIGNAL. Not only does the BATSIGNAL light up, but it also projects on the wall! Ages 4 and older.

A CnC bat signal is a great idea. Hopefully these figures will be good quality, and if not I would still get them just to build that bat signal.

4. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Interesting. I do like the idea of a CnC Batsignal. However, Mattel's Movie Masters lines have largely been terrible... not sure if I'd want to risk buying these just to get it.

5. joshua

joshua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YES.

6. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Interesting. How many figures does it take to complete it though?

7. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    True, most of Mattel's movie tie-in toys have sucked. Compared to Hasbro's tie-ins, they're largely more expensive, have less articulation, and have worse sculpting.

8. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Did they even finish the GL Movie Masters line?

9. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Yeah, but I think only places like BBTS ever got anything past the second wave.

10. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Some DC Direct stuff has been revealed: Idle Hands: Toy Fair 2012: DC Direct Rises

Pretty good looking, but I'll be waiting for Mattel's offerings. Though I have to admit, a 12" statue of Bane in a come-at-me-bro pose is definitely tempting.

11. EmperorDinobot

EmperorDinobot I claim your sun!

I better be able to seat a mother freaking Batman figure into the Batwing. Otherwise we're gonna have a grave problem.

12. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    First Pic Of Mattel's Dark Knight Rises Toys

The "quick-tek" figures sound and look far better than I was anticipating. Based off of the description we had previously gotten, I had assumed that the figures transformed into gadgets and weaponry. What they actually are is a rather nice surprise in comparison. Still, doubt I'll get any of them.

It's nice to know that they're still doing basic figures along side the gimmick ones. I might actually get a Batman and Bane from this line.

The batpod looks kinda cool, but is an easy pass for me. Though the "quick-tek" vehicles sound kind of interesting, and depending on the price, might be worth getting one.

10" tall Batman was inevitable. Actually looks like it might have some worth-while articulation. Nothing amazing, but it's nice to see at least a little articulation rather than none.

The RC's look nice, but are another easy pass for me. Bring on some Hot Wheels of the Bane tumbler and "the bat".

I'm kinda disappointed that the Movie Masters weren't represented in this. Would have been nice to get a glimpse at one of them to see if they're keeping them up to snuff. Hopefully the New York toy fair will give us a look a them and that C&C batsignal.

13. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

cant tell if the 6" figures have any articulation?

14. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    What 6" figures? While it doesn't specify their size/scale, I would be extremely surprised if either the basic or quick-tek lines were larger than 4". I think the only 6" figures we'll get will be the Movie Masters.

15. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

I was talking about the movie masters I guess,I dont know the difference between any of this crap,I saw the pics of the figures and they looked to have limited articulation.

16. EmperorDinobot

I'm certainly not impressed. And for someone who collects these types of toys, this is...just meh. What about 'The Bat'?

17. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    More New Photos Of Upcoming Dark Knight Rises Toys

Looks like the picture used for the 10" Batman figure was actually the Movie Master figure.

MM Batman looks good. I don't have any of the Dark Knight Movie Masters, so this being the same as the one from that line doesn't bother me. I can't wait to see how Bane's Movie Master figures turn out (there's bound to be at least two versions of him). At the very least I plan on getting a Batman and a Bane. If the batsignal is good looking, and you don't need to buy a ton of figures to complete it, I'll seriously consider collecting all of it's pieces.

The quick-tek figure definitely looks like it has more articulation than I was expecting. Looks like it actually has knee and ankle joints, but still no elbows. I do like the cloth cape. That's always a nice touch when it's used, imo. Still, I doubt I'll get any of these one's, but there is a good chance I'll get at least a Batman figure and a Bane figure from the basic assortment.

The vinyl figures look really cute. I'll definitely have a hard time passing up Bane, and if I get him, I'll probably pick-up a Batman too.

18. joshua

joshua Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have two loose Batman's from the TDK Movie Masters line from the current two packs. Anyone want them?

19. EmperorDinobot

*sigh*

Those are terrible. Why would I want some ugly super deformed figure of Catwoman and Bane? And the movie masters Batmen are super common. I don't want anymore.

20. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    Got some confirmations from Matty Batman on a couple of things...

Dark Knight Rises info... - Topic
    It's good to know we'll only have to get six figures to complete the batsignal. Batman, Bane, and Catwoman are instant no-brainers, but I'm not so sure who the other three will be. Would be cool if they were Alfred, Gordon, and Ra's.

TDKR basic & quick-tek action figures question... - Topic
    Not as much articulation as most people would want at the 4" scale, but I'm fine with seven points. I'll at least be getting a Bane and a Batman.