Non-TF: Dark Knight Nurse Joker WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by timshinn73, Aug 23, 2008.

1. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here are a few work in progress pics of my Dark Knight Nurse Joker. Having a blast working on this guy.

I was, of course, inspired by ecline's very cool Nurse Joker custom. So I had to give it a crack myself.

The torso is from an X3 Jean Grey. The arms and lower legs and shoes are from a Monkeyman & O'brien figure. The waist and upper legs are from a Marvel Legends Yellowjacket.

At this point all the test fitting and connecting of parts is complete (minus the head). Most of what I'm concentrating on now is adding the proper bulk to the torso before I do a lot of the detail sculpting (collar, pockets, etc). I removed the oversized collars from the Jean Grey torso and will re-sculpt the collar to more closely resemble the dress used in the film (reference pics are pretty limited, but such is life).

The skirt is from a little Disney Cinderella figure. I may use it, but I'll have to do some testing first. It is very rubbery, so I'm not sure how well it will accept color. If worse comes to worse, I'll use it as a guide should I need to make one from scratch.

Still tons to do on this guy. Lots of refining, detail work, buffing out seems, etc. The hands need a little more work in order to get rid of the gloves. And the final mods to the neck and head are still to come.

Thanks for taking a look and for any comments you'd like to share. I value your input.

Attached Files:

2. newtypejuggalo1

newtypejuggalo1 New Member

Its coming along good. He did actually wear those checkered socks and white clog shoes when he filmed it. You cant see his feet in the movie real well but he wore those on set.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Boy, you're just making a figure of every scene the guy was in, aren't you? Is a clean-faced police disguise Joker far behind?

4. timshinn73

Ebay:
    No, but maybe a clean faced Arkham Joker could be in the works.

5. timshinn73

Ebay:
    The socks and shoes have not been painted yet.

6. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Looks like another winner. Keep us updated.

7. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Thanks.

As far as updates go, I did a test on a scrap of skirt material today. Krylon fusion does not damage the rubbery skirt material BUT is doesn't exactly bond with it either. If the rubber is stretched too much, the paint falls off. So, I did a search in the local retail stores for a white version of the blue skirt I bought. There is one in a larger set and costs between $9-$11, depending on the store. So at this point, I'll try to paint the skirt I have and if the paint doesn't behave the way I want, I'll just have to sculpt one myself.

8. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just go the cloth route!! This is looking great. He looks like he has been working out.

Just to let you know, wal-mart has the comic heros on clearance for $3.00. Do you buy chance have the pitts right arm and leg I could buy?

9. timshinn73

Ebay:
    I thought about using a cloth skirt but decided against it. I'm not a big fan of mixing textures. It kind of kills the look for me if the top half is sculpted and the lower half is cloth.

His arms & legs are actually pretty close to the size of the Movie Masters figure. The hands and feet are also almost exactly the same size as the original figure. The overall height of the figure and the width of his shoulders are the same too. I may thin his calves down a little more, though. I probably won't do much to the thighs since they'll be covered up. I really want this to look like a man in a dress, as opposed to a man's head on a woman's body. I guess time will tell if I'm successful.

Sorry, no Pitt parts here. I saw lots of Pitt series figures at KB Toys. They're not as cheap as the clearance Walmart ones, but not ridiculous either (around $5).

10. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Haha!! A mans head on a womans body. Isn't that the plot to x-files 2.

Yeah, mine is a bit smaller. I was going for the scrawny feel. Makes sense about the textures.

11. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Haven't seen it yet.