Non-TF: Dark Knight Interrogation Room Joker WIP

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by timshinn73, Aug 23, 2008.

1. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Here's a few work in progress shots of my Interrogation Room Joker. Still have a ways to go on this guy, but having fun so far.

There might not seem like there's a lot of work going on here, but I have had to do quite a bit.

The neck was shortened in order to look a little better without the trench coat. The hair was also lengthened a little in the back for this reason as well. I also added some more hair to give him a little more of a messed up look. Some of the hair was sculpted separate from the figure, dried, trimmed and glued into place in order to get those strands to hang off the head the way I wanted.

The chain was removed and the glove hands have been sanded and buffed to remove the seems. Still need to do a little more in that department.

The sleeves have been thinned down to remove some of the overall bulk of the original. I also popped one side of the collar out using white sculpting compound.

Still plenty to do. I think I need to widen the top of the vest (around the shoulders) just a tad. And then of course there's the painting. The paint on the figure now is just for test and basic priming purposes. The real painting will come once all the mods have been completed. It will be fun to give this guy the very messy face paint he had in the jailhouse scenes. And the shirt pattern should be a fun challenge.

Anyway, thanks for taking a look and for any comments you'd like to share.

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    he's really looking good so far man. look forward to final images :) 

3. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Thanks.

Gonna work on the shirt pattern today.

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    This custom is all kinds of awesome already. :thumb 

5. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Thanks SQ7. Most kind.

I've been working on the shirt pattern for the last few days. Coming along well so far. I have the forearms completed.

I've also been working on repainting the head. The face is pretty much finished. Just need to do the detailing of the hair.

6. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

I was crazy about your first Joker, i'll be crazy about this one too. Are guys still having the Custom Joker sales problems on eBay?

7. timshinn73

Ebay:
    I have no idea. Haven't heard anyone else mention being pulled. There are quite a few repaints up there now.

I haven't put any Dark Knight stuff on ebay. Not sure I will.

8. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

So many Joker customs, next will be "Batgauntlet in throat Joker" and "Joker with cell phone"

9. timshinn73

Ebay:
    *takes notes*

Cell phone Joker. It's gold, Jerry! Gold!

10. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Updated pics. The head & hair have been repainted. Still working on the shirt.

11. scarnivac

scarnivac Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I really love this figure =)
    but what I would like to see is a How-to-do on the head..
    I really dislike the official joker head, and want to make a more movie-like version myself as well!

[edit] LOL, never mind, I just found out there are different types of joker figures.. yours MUST be the movie masters figure right? [/edit]

12. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Yep, this is a Movie Masters Joker. I did re-sculpt some of the hair and arms.

I am going to try and salvage one of those kid-friendly Joker figures, though. I hope giving it new hair & scars and repainting the face will be enough. I'll let you know how that goes.

13. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Looking good man....I amazed at all the mods you've done thus far on him :thumb 

14. timshinn73

Ebay:
    Thanks, PK. I'll try not to disappoint with the final version.

15. K07

K07 New Member

I'm making my own Interrogation Room Joker and came across this giraffe-neck problem. How did you go about shortening it?

Do you have any new pics? I'm hesitant to do the shirt pattern. I don't have the skill to do something so intricate. If the head of my custom Bank Robber Joker didn't look like crap, I'd say that the shirt pattern would have ruined the figure it turned out so lousy. I was thinking of drawing it with a Sharpie pen or something.

16. timshinn73

Ebay:
    I cut the neck off and dremeled and sanded it down to the desired height, then reattached it to the body.

I made custom decal sheets with the shirt pattern to put on the shirt. I have the forearms completed.

17. K07

K07 New Member

Hrm. That certainly doesn't help a newb like me. This is my 3rd custom figure. And of the three, only the second that turned out decent. I don't have a dremel nor do I even know how to go about doing this decal technique.

Thank you for your response! I'll figure something out. I've got two other customs lined up after Christmas to keep me busy until I decide what to do.