Heavy/Scratch: Dark Fremble Twins (Shapeways: Version 6)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Treadshot A1, Sep 26, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Ah. another milestone in a long, arduous project. I thought i'd hit upon something good with V4, but there was still so much to be done. V6 is all that finished, and then some. Went back and reworked everything, right done to the basic joints.

[​IMG]

Pistols! Yes, these guys get more firepower. As if twin piledrivers which double as laser cannons wasn't enough, I've included two laser pistols with each Fremble v6 unit. They can be hand held or stored on each leg.

Buy Dark Minion Fremble v6 here

Buy Dark Minion Fremble v6 Twin Pack here

[​IMG]

Better Joints: Yes, finally these guys get real feet! The feet are mounted on ball joints, so Fremble can stand with his feet flush to the ground in most any pose!

I've also reworked the elbows joints. Mainly an inside change, the looseness of the old ones is gone, replaced by a much stronger ball joint, so he's not gonna have any problems firing his new pistols!

Also, I know many people have been struggling with the old neck joint. I'm really happy to report the neck has been completely reworked with a ball joint this time, and now Fremble has head articulation! He can now look left, right and up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why Upgrade? Simple. New head joints allows him to look around, he's got new pistols to blast away 'Bots and the elbows reinforced, and he's now got ankle articulation!

[​IMG]

SSD Mode: The new pistols plug into the slots on the legs to stow away in Soundwave's chest. Yes, those talon designs on the legs actually served a purpose! The guns connect by plugging into those slots. No more wasted space. :) 

[​IMG]

^Soundwave says yes to V6

[​IMG]

The Convertible of Death.

Attached Files:

2. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Heck yeah, the changes are definitely a major improvement! Functionally and aesthetically these have come a long way, I'm glad I've held off on picking up the earlier versions, this one seem slike the one to have!

Not for THIS guy, but for your next little-bot project (whatever that may be), I'd love to see you challenge yourself on ONE key aspect:

Proportions.

So far everyone you've designed has been sort of SD and adorably child-like for some designs it's perfect, for some it's sort of amusing, but I think it may be limiting your appeal to the broadest possible audience. You're design, modelling, and engineering skills are really getting quite good, I think if you could give us a humanoid robot with a little mature elegance, you'd be looking at a real winner!

D/L

3. Grandum

Grandum Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is that...sandstone?

4. Treadshot A1

No, it's Black Strong and Flexible. The red was painted to look more like old worn metal, so I suppose that might make it look like stone. But it's definitely plastic.

5. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    looks good A i like their little blasters

6. Treadshot A1

Thanks Megatron31. Glad you like the blasters, i spent ages getting them to fit. :) 
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Also, thanks to vaporretarder, i've been convinced to release Fremble v6 as a Twin Pack! Just like v4, this twin pack gets you two Frembles, and saves you $2.20!

[​IMG]

Buy Dark Minion Fremble v6 Twin Pack here

7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Neat!