Dark Energon's effects during Energon Explosion

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Insane Galvatron, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Spoilers ahead! If you have not watched the 5 parter, then click the back button now. Do not read on.

So part 5 showed Megatron being caught in an energon explosion as big as ( if not bigger ) than the one that we saw when we last saw Cliffjumper. Most speculation has been that Cliffjumper is dead for good since there is no way to survive a blast like that. Problem is, that means Megatron is dead too. Since they are not gonna kill Megatron off in the opening of the show, we can safely assume he survived. Also, the Autobots believe he is dead, which means there is no known means by which Megatron could survive the blast. The only variable is the Dark Energon. So that has to be the element that allows him to survive. I think it's safe to assume that Cliffjumper ( zombified at the least ) is still kicking.

So what do you think?

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Eh, it's the combined injuries prior to the explosion that makes everyone think Cliffjumper's gone for good, not just the explosion.

3. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    We don't know if Megs used the Space Bridge to jump to Cybertron or not.

4. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

Cliffjumper was cut in half, fell down a cliff, and was caught in a nuclear level explosion.

I think its fair to say that Cliffjumper is thoroughly owned, and is probably never coming back.

5. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Yes, but his zombie half was still kicking when the explosion happened. If Megatron can survive, so can zombie-cliff

The explosion Cliff was in was no bigger than the one Megatron was in. One thing that's been established is that dark energon is resilient. The previous things that happened showed that as long as the pieces are big enough, dark energon keeps them alive. If Megatron could stay in a big enough piece to survive, so could zombie-cliff.

6. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

But Megatron still had a whole body, Cliffjumper didn't.

7. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    With an explosion that big, it wouldn't matter. If it would blow Cliffjumper into smaller pieces, it would Megatron as well. Whatever holds Megatron together would have held Cliff together as well.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I don't understand why everyone believes Megatron's on the same level as everyone else. He's super powerful, even before he absorbed the Dark Energon. I'm sure he could survive that blast mostly intact.

9. Insane Galvatron

News Credits:
    Prime knows Megatron's strength better than anyone else since they've been fighting for so long, yet he thinks Megatron died in the blast. Didn't he even say "Not even Megatron could survive that" or something?

10. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And let's not forget that Cliffjumper was dead before any of that happened :lol . I'm honestly surprised that so many people hope Cliff is still around, since he isn't the same character anymore (hell, I wouldn't call him anything more than a plot point at this point).

Anyway, Megatron fused with Dark Energon in a much different way than Cliffjumper (namely, he was still alive when he did so). Combine that with the fact that we really don't know exactly what fusing Dark Energon with one's living spark means that I have no problem believing Megs is still alive.

11. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

This.

Cliffjumper isn't on the same level of endurance as Megatron, I'm pretty sure He's dead.

12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm voting the "jumped through the space bridge at the last moment" defense myself, which might leave him messed up but not dead (or at least not dead enough for the dark energon to stop working)

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Of course he's not dead. What I'm saying is just because Megatron can survive that doesn't mean Cliffjumper can.

And Cliffjumper's not only dead already, but severly weakened and unlike Megatron not super-charged by Dark Energon, he was merely reanimated by it.

14. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had another thought about Megatron. He is currently fused with the lifeforce of Unicron, right? Then I would have to imagine that that gives him a resiliency far above any normal Transformer. I mean, Unicron is impossible to kill permanently (even with the Matrix being released inside him in G1, he was still alive for Armada).

15. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

G1 and Armada are different realities. of course with some explanations of time lines in japan.. ugh... Argh... Head Asplodes!:eek: 

On a more serious note, the effects of dark energon with engeron explosions are the true wildcard of the whole series, if one survives, then why not whats left of the other.. a sticky situation indeed.

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    We've given several exeedingly valid reasons why Megatron can survive and Cliffjumper can't.

17. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes they are. But Unicron's identity as a multiversal singularity means that it is the same Unicron. The body is different, but it is the same being.

18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

I was more kinda joking there not being srs :wink: 

I know, I was one of folks shouting that from rooftops till episode 5, then that put some doubts in my mind, but.. only little ones. would I be shocked of CJ stayed dead, hell no, I shouted that for days on end..
    would I be shocked if Nemesis CJ dug his evil self out of the ground.. probably not anymore.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  19. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I figured as much a bit after I posted :lol . Ah well, any chance to flex my somewhat limited TF knowledge is a good thing, I suppose :tongue: .

20. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Okay:

Why Megatron can survive:

1.) He was alive when he used the Dark Energon.
    2.) He was extremely powerful even before this.
    3.) He could've entered the space bridge at the last second, albeit in an injured state.
    4.) Hasbro isn't going to kill off Megatron unless they can bring him back in later episodes.

Why Cliffjumper can't survive:
    1.) He was beaten up by the Eradicons.
    2.) He was stabbed by Starscream's claw and died.
    3.) The Dark Energon was used on him after he was killed.
    4.) Megatron sliced him in half.
    5.) There was an enormous explosion that he couldn't possibly hope to drag himself out of, and unless the Dark Energon kept that half of his body alive (it would have to be some pretty resilient shit), he's dead.