Dark Energon Issue (Episode 4 related, minor spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Torque, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong-I love this show, its probably one of my favorite TV shows of all time. I only have one problem-the Dark Energon isnt quite... consistent. Optimus Prime, Ratchet and even Arcee all felt draind from the Dark Energon-which is fine, and in all honesty, makes perfect sense. But then Megatron, who plunges the stuff into his Spark Chamber, is perfectly fine. Never felt tired or weak near it, never seemed to show beng slowed by it-in fact, he is stronger than ever, it would seem.

Whats going on here? I mean, Megatron couldnt have made any changes to allow him to take in the DE, as it seemed to be a spur of the moment idea to stick himself with it. I would argue that maybe Bots and Cons are naturally built different, but the flashbacks to the war indicate Mgatron didnt start as a Con. And even if he had rebuilt himself to be more of a Con, then different build still doesnt make much sense as Starscream anticipated negative effects, which wouldnt make sense if his build of race could handle it.

The only thing i can think of is that th Dark Energon sucks out the energy of those who are good and pure of spark-but even then, I'm only speculating. anyone else find this annoying?

2. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Dark Energon works in mysterious ways.
    I just ignore the draining part bec. Optimus did not really looked drained to me and actually had lots of energy to kill zombies and even shook off about 20 zombies easily.
    The Dark Energon obviously gives life but of the dumb zombie kind but it is quite similar to the AllSpark of the movies which created those evil kitchenbots.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It worked the same way in WFC.

4. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    Dark Energon works badly with Energon, which is why those who use the pure stuff feel drained when in it's presence, due to radiation or something

5. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Considering that there are three different kinds of Dark Energon in WFC and in Prime it works like none of them is saying something.

In WFC Premium system version, Dark Energon is "teh Godhaxx!" the solution to, and cause of, lifes problems. It bestows super powers and all sorts of silly stuff.

In WFC on the DS, it quite simply is the super soldier serum. A handful of Decepticons can raze a city. Also, unlike the other versions, it was highly refined. Once Megatron got his hands on the Dark Energon, he returned to Kaon Prison and had Soundave run the development project, resulting in more than a dozen failed subjects before finally getting the process right to create super soldiers.

In Exodus, Dark Energon is a near sentient drug. Soldiers high on it just don't stop because of their high that's driving them on. When they are finally put down, the Dark Energon seeps out of them on its own and into any other Dark Energon soldiers around them, magnifying the high. This results in the situation becoming worse when a large number of high soldiers gets whittled down to two or three as they are so high they're essentially berserkers. If you were to cut the arm off one of them, the soldier is more likely to just pick up the arm and beat you with it than even realize he's lost his arm. Depriving them of Dark Energon causes major withdrawals that can be potentially fatal.

Prime's Dark Energon seems more like the T-Virus from Resident Evil then any of the other types.

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

In WFC we saw Dark Energon corrupt the planet, drive a robotic slug insane, it didn't harm Megatron, and it hurt the Autobots when they came into contact with it.

Just like in Prime.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Dark Energon is said to be the blood of Unicron, right? And Starscream refers to Unicron as the Destroyer, something the Autobots are not, but Megatron and the Decepticons are. Even Cliffjumper, an Autobot, became some crazed warrior, running around tearing $#!+ up under the influence of Dark Energon.

Megatron is a conqueror, as such the story developing his proximity to or union with Dark Energon works; they’re a one and the same, though I think Megatron is going to learn soon enough the consequences of merging Unicron’s blood with his Spark Chamber, the very source of his own life.

Wonder if Unicron will use Cliffjumper and Megatron as heralds tasked to prepare for his arrival.

8. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's pretty dead on, which makes Megatron like the "Wesker" character. The one who can handle the virus and use it to his advantage. Good analogy there

9. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    exactly

10. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Golden rule of any substance that 'corrupts': it works in many different ways, most often not the same way twice.

11. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    Well, it seems to me that the principal component of dark energon is plotonium. It's probably capable of much more should the writers decide on it.

12. iTeruri

iTeruri Bulkhead is the best

It's the blood of Unicron, the destroyer. If you want to use it for destroying, it gives you all the power in the world. If you want to protect, it weakens you.

13. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    It does seem that the powers of dark energon are limited only by the fertile imagination of Megatron.

14. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron shoved a pure Dark Energon crystal into him (his spark?). The Autobots were just exposed to the radiation of the Terracons, which probably doesn't have the same properties as the crystalized form.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I figured Megatron's just that powerful to begin with. Rather than the DE's power overwhelming him, he absorbs it completely.

16. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

I just figure Megatron is insane and powerful enough to overcome the negative effects.

17. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

The issue with dark energon is it's a god level mcguffin that works the way it needs to a scene at a time... Which leads to too many inconsistencies and are you kidding me moments..

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Actually, no it isn't.

We know it has three properties:

1. It can super-charge a spark when it comes in contact with it, even bringing it back online...

2. Thusly, it can reanimated the dead or non-living, but doing so results in feral beasts .

3. It negatively effects anyone who has not directly absorbed it.

19. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

As of yet.. If it stays just that and doesn't get any worse it will be tolerable. Having not seen episode 5 yet (Christmas shopping) I don't know past 4:lol .