Dark Energon and its undead properties

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by QLRformer, Feb 21, 2017.

1. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I think that Dark Energon would probably work better if it created vampires and not zombies. After all, vampires trump zombies; a sentient undead warrior is better than a brain-dead monster.

There’d have been more mileage for Cliffjumper, with him being some kind of vampire/dhampyr struggling with himself over what to do.

And look at how dangerous Airachnid became when infused with Dark Energon.

And it’d have meant making Megatron a vampire overlord. Which you have to admit would be awesome, by itself and in making him the counterpart of Optimus Prime who holds Primus’s lineage. It’d be like something from Castlevania.

So yeah, a probable missed opportunity there with that concept.

• Like Like x 3
  2. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Well-Known Member

I like it. I mean think the Zombie had to deal with Dark Energon being unstable or corrupt but, I do like that concept.

3. MINDVVIPE

MINDVVIPE Well-Known Member

Very cool idea, and you're right, I think it could have made for some awesome stories about Cliffjumper's existence as a con vampire.
    Another interesting idea would be to go further into the idea of how dark energon can be used in different chemical/supernatural(?) ratios and combinations, almost like you are refining it with other different materials. Sparks of a 1%s?, I don't know, haha.
    But without the badly crafted name (like "Sparkium").

4. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Crusadercon

News Credits:
    I like the idea of them being vampires. Megatron being a vampire overlord. :D  Maybe they could be a mix of both vampire and zombie?

Maybe Dark Energon could effect some bots differently? Due to how unstable it is, like Angolmois. Angolmois and Dark Energon have virtually identical functions, just different continuities.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Spontificus

Spontificus Well-Known Member

6. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee I must be some kind of nut...

I like the idea that it turns dead corpses into mindless zombies. It makes sense. Their mental processes would be decayed, leaving nothing but pure vicious instinct, and a living host, one with a strong enough force of will, like Megatron, would be able to control them.

That said, I think they kind of did make vampires with it in Thirst, by mixing it with Synthetic Energon. Instead of brutally tearing apart enemies, the Vehicons CYLAS infects drain their victims of Energon, much like a vampire. If RID wanted to do a scary episode, they could bring back Airachnid (as she was infected by CYLAS at the end of the episode), and make her the vampire queen of the Insecticons. It sounds like such a fun concept that I'd be sad not to see it utilized somehow.

7. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

An mix of ideas (the zombie and the energy lich) most likely derived from the energy lich of the G1 continuity mixed in with Blade tid bits (that tongue...). The zombies though were not that terrible. After all prime and Ratchet did a good number of them solo and after taking a couple of hits they were been deactivated for good. Their only value seemed to come from their numbers.