Dark Cybertron Crossover Discussion - Spoilers for all parts in here!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Yggdrasil, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    You guys can't forget that a LOT of Cybertronians probably STILL don't see organic races as anything other than icky bugs in need of extermination.

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    All this talk about the Autobots being guilty of war crimes too is ridiculous. Maybe a few select individuals like Prowl, but none others ( Jazz for example was defending someone ). Sure, the Autobots fought in the war too, but it was in defense. Defending themselves, other planets, and other species. The Autobots never wiped a planet clean for it's resources.

3. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That was mostly Decepticons though.

The Autobots won the war. Of course they shouldn't be tried for war crimes.

At least put up Decepticon Command (Megatron, Starscream, BanzaiTron and Soundwave) as well as their worst (the DJD, Sixshot and Overlord) up for trial. No one is saying all Decepticons should be tried just the leaders and the guys who did the worst stuff.

4. Toonimator

Toonimator Well-Known Member

There's 4 million years of war, possibly thousands of worlds (including their own) devastated over those long years, and lots of time for various measures to go into effect. The NAILs don't much care for Autobots or Decepticons, and many hold both equally responsible for the war & said devastation. Nobody is saying every Autobot is guilty of murdering innocents or committing war crimes, but most certainly Autobots have committed them, some under orders, some giving orders.

5. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    As far as we saw. It was a 4-million-year long war spanning an entire galaxy. We haven't seen 1% of it.

6. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This dude will forever be my go to punchline for things like this.

7. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Tyrest may have been barmy, but the Aequitas trials were there for a reason. Some Autobots have done some pretty dreadful things too.Skyfall sold Gideons Glue to the Cons which was then used to destroy an entire outpost, Impactor executed a room full of handcuffed prisoners.

8. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Being the "good guys" does not make you innocent.

Remember Aequitas.

And we know they've ABANDONED planets to the cons before. We know they have their fair share of psychos...Jazz shot someone in peace time in violation of the laws of the world they were on...

PLENTY of war crimes there

9. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran

News Credits:
    So I guess you just missed the entire point of LSOTW... ?

10. PredaconElder

PredaconElder Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you are missing the fact that the Autobots won the war! They should by right impose their version of victors justice upon the defeated. If Megatron had won he would have had every Autobot executed! It's the fact that Bumblebee was too lenient and didn't try and punish the Decepticon leadership for their crimes the reason why I think Starscream was able to become the new leader of Cybertron. Bumblebee basically gave the NAILs sanction to vote for the Decepticons instead of having a publicized war crimes trial showing everyone why they should NOT trust Starscream, Soundwave, Shockwave and Megatron. It's the same reason why Megatron, Soundwave and Shockwave were able to pull all the crap they did in the first two years of RID, Bumblebee failed to demonstrate to anyone especially the Decepticons that Megatron's way was wrong and that there was a new and better way in what they were trying to do. Instead as soon as Megatron reappeared the Decepticons rallied to their old leader.

11. Kraken

News Credits:
    I'm sure they would have if it hadn't gone all pear shaped almost immediately. Don't forget, when Megs emerged from the wilderness and tried to talk to Bumblebee his first instinct was to get everyone to open fire immediately.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    That was Bumblebee's best moment.

No hesitation, no waiting for him to try something cute, just instant "shoot first, ask questions later."

Many people deserve the benefit of the doubt and should be given fair chance to speak their piece in a situation like that.

Not Megatron. :lol 

13. Kraken

News Credits:
    I agree, no self doubt there, no allowing someone else to talk him into or out of something, just 'For Primus' sake shoot him!'

14. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    "I come in peace."

"No. This doesn't happen in my city. Autobots - kill him."

Glorious.

15. Galvatron II

Galvatron II I can type whatever here?

Really? I could get it if he was panicking, but he's very calm, in complete control- And he tells his men to open fire! That was a Mike Costa level out of character moment.

16. Orion Type61

Orion Type61 The Lone Gundam

*SPOILER*

I only have the first three tbs for each series, but Newsarama just spoiled that Megatron is going to be an Autobot. This sounds horribly lame. Can anyone here put my mind at ease? This sounds like a terrible direction to go in and tempts me to just drop both books now and save some $ and frustration. Any help is appreciated and please forgive my knee- jerk pessimism. I just don't see how this could be executed well.

17. Jalaguy

Jalaguy Crusadercon

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Megatron comes to some realisations about himself over the course of Dark Cybertron, and it really doesn't feel forced.

After all, IDW Megatron isn't a cartoonishly evil supervillain - he started out trying to create peaceful change through his writing. And Autobot Megatron is going to written by the same author who originally developed that backstory for him.

I have every confidence that it will lead to interesting stories and character interaction.

18. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    If you're the type of person that will have a giant-rage kneejerck reaction to something like this I suggest that you don't even start reading the comics.

And I mean that in the friendlies possible way.

19. gregles

gregles quintesson

any other Megatron, under any other writing team; yes it would be a lame duck of a story turn. When you get to the end of dark cybertron it will all make sense and it is likely to change your perception of to brave daringly different story turn with loads of exciting future story potential.

It might also worth mentioning as you said you are relatively new to the comics if you haven't already read them get that megatron/optimus centred two parter, ongoing's #22 and #23. this two parter brilliantly sets up this megatron and optimus prime and are pretty amazing comics in their own right.

20. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    The whole "Rodimus being crushed" thing from DC#1, I think that's really him going through the portal in Brainstorm's chest.

Alpha Trion, though...