Dark Cybertron Crossover Discussion - Spoilers for all parts in here!

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Yggdrasil, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Judging by the new previews, no one's "just fine" with Megatron's switch, at least not yet.

2. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Drift is already an Autobot, the Scavenger for all practical purposes suck as Decepticons they might well join.

3. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i guess the autobots are better men than us americans (or whatever nationality) by willing to forgive a mass murderer and moving on

4. Viral

Viral Well-Known Member

I meant Drift, Scavengers, sky-byte, and Constructicons as cons/former cons/potential former cons that show not everyone of them were hardline con for lifes like soundwave is.
    -Drift was pretty much swayed to the cons cause of Megatron's charisma and as noted in MtMtE he has a tendency to follow- how many other cons were only cons in the first place because of Megatron's speeches? How easily might they give up unlike soundwave now that Megatron changed sides?
    -the scavengers show that there are a number of con grunts that really don't care at all about the cause or the war anymore, many like the K class member of the scavengers were BORN into the cons and their loyalty stems only as its just what they're used to/fear. Megatron changing sides gives those kind of grunts an excuse to stop fighting for good
    -Sky-Byte quite the cons out of disillusionment from the war so we know there are cons who are extremely dissatisfied with their team but unlike Sky-Byte or Thundercracker might have been too afraid to give up fighting until megatron "says its over." Again, now they have a perfect chance to get out.

Keeping megatron friendly and not punishing him (which could be perceived by many cons as hostile actions and that the war is still continuing,) might convince borderline cons similar to the ones above to give up reducing what is left of the con army to an extremely small fraction of extremists

5. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

I doubt it's so much going to be forgiveness than his sentence is "exile" and he's banished from Cybertron.

6. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I recall some tagline about "new urgency" in the Lost Light's quest.

Maybe Megatron gets an inhibitor chip that will fry him if he doesn't make substantial progress in finding the Knights in, say, a year.

We don't know how this will play out. We do know that IDW Megatron is an almost insanely capable individual, and one who can make a good claim to saving Cybertron several times already. It may be politically impossible to execute or otherwise sideline him. Also, Cybertronians have access to something we don't--telepathy. Soundwave knows that Megatron's repentance is sincere.

One further thing, across continuities Optimus Prime's fatal flaw has been that he's too forgiving. This may be no exception.

Anyway, I freely admit a bias towards what is interesting in the world of TF comics, rather than what is strictly believable.

7. femmebotfangirl

femmebotfangirl Banned

Or Cybertronians have a concept of amnesty, something frequently used to end civil wars and so forth so people have a reason to stop fighting.

8. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

And why should alien robots from an alien race have the same view of the laws of war than us? Even Optimus Prime was fine with considering Earth as "acceptable losses" in the first series of IDW.

And good luck setting courts for thousands, if not millions of soldiers when your entire planet lies ruins and your race is pretty much dying by now.

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    No we should totally kill off all Decepticons. It doesn't matter that out race is near extinction and only has enough to fill one city we should totally halve our numbers because of shit they did millions of years ago for the cause that doesn't even exist anymore, who nobody believes in aside for the extremist nutcases like Tarn. Because that's the sensible way to go because the world it totally black and white!

Good god people you're reading a fucking comic about colourful alien robots that turn into truck not fucking Tolstoy. Yeah sure it has some serious themes, and serious writing but it's still a fucking comic book!

You know what those are right?

The ones where Piccollo, the reincarnation of satan, became a good guy by looking out for a kid of his arch nemesis, where Vegeta, a warrior that destroyed thousands of races and planets is a good guy because reasons, where daddy's boy-scout Cyclops is now running with Magneto while "fuck your shit" Wolverine became a sage like Prof. X, where Doctor Fucking Ocotopus decided he wanted to be a good guy because he saw Spiderman his arch-nemesis die in his arms.

This is comic books. Weird shit is going to happen as long as the concept is interesting from a story perspective.

10. General Magnus

Since this thread was already goddwinned..Did the Allies put ALL the Wehrmacht soldiers in jail after WWII? Cause that´s the argument I´m hearing here.

11. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    You seem to be working under the assumption that everyone's going to go 'Oh, hai Megs. You're an Autobot now? That's cool, we'll see you in Swerves later, drinks are on you buddy!'

We have absolutely no idea at this point in time how this is going to play out. Sure everyone's clapping him now. They're all relieved that they're all y'know, alive, and that the universe is still in one piece. Let's wait and see what the sitch is 6 months down the line shall we?

12. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    personally I think Optimus is going to apoint Megatron head of the lost light and all the Autobots are going to have to suck it up.

sort of a punishment to Rodimus foot the overlord affair, ironically

13. WilyMech

News Credits:
    I agree the all of the foremention are not extremist but neither is Soundwave he is extremely loyal to the cause. Extremist so far are the DJD.

The thing with the Scavengers they are not really fighters do they love battle my answer is no. Misfire well is goof ball, Krok likes to study war and history there of but actual fighting it is no. Spinister well keeps to himself and give him a target shoot at he is happy. Also in some instances they are like a family.

Thundercracker has a sense of code that applies to fighting and picking something weaker like an organic life form is beneath him as a warrior. The Decepticon cause stray away from it original intent

14. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    oh megatron is a deffecter, now he should be on the on top of the DJD list

15. General Magnus

Don´t forget people like Angel, Illyria, Spike..fuck the comic book world is filled with former genocidal maniacs who tried to attone for their sins in some sense.

16. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I almost said this earlier, but HOW MUCH MORE AWESOME IS IT that when the Scavengers meet the Lost Light, MEGATRON will be aboard? Let alone if he's the captain?

Half of them will miss the badge at first and hand over Grimlock for execution, half will see the badge and collapse into whimpering puddles, not sure what they should be apologizing for but pretty sure they're dead if they don't figure it out.

17. WilyMech

News Credits:
    It depends that quasi guest/prisoner is what Grimlock my feeling is they became attached to him. Last time we saw Grimlock is he was playing Jenga aboard the WAP bridge. The Scavengers are treating him very unprisoner like. I would say the Scavengers attack Megatron in order to protect Grimlock.

What ever the reaction will be par from the course of a typical Decepticon.

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

19. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with that mostly, but if you're outright stating that comic books don't have the ability to be considered literature I 100% disagree.

20. Andersonh1

Andersonh1 Man, I've been here a LONG time Veteran

Ebay:
    Yes, books where among other things, morality is depicted and discussed and dissected. Sometimes in simple black and white terms, sometimes in shades of gray. It's entirely appropriate to discuss the moral implications of Megatron's past and future actions.

Even if it's "just" a comic book.