DARK CYBERTRON #1 - Spoilers & Disucussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Yggdrasil, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Burningsirius

Burningsirius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am hoping that Regen One gets some cross over time. Heck MTMTE already had a cross over in Regen One when Hot Rod saw the multiple versions of himself in the multiverse. Lets hope for an all out continuity war the likes that no one has seen since Cyberton!

For all that it is worth, this was a part of Furman's original pitch for the IDW G1 comics. A comic flowing from the Unicron Singularity. I'd say let the battle commence!

2. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

That was a cool issue, but can someone explain to me why this is Nova and not Nemesis Prime? Or are these two from another timeline? If so, how did they knew about this one?

3. Stryker055

Stryker055 Trying my best here!

Ebay:
    I think the worst thing this comic could do for Shockwave's character is make him stupidly loyal to Nova Prime like it suggested at the end. While it's totally natural to expect Shockwave is playing everyone for his own purposes because that's what he's always done, I wouldn't put it past Barber to just make him fanatically loyal. He has a tendency to start very interesting developments on characters only to have them flip disappointingly at the end. Starscream suffered from this a bit, but Prowl's was the worst when it was revealed that it was Bombshell the whole time. Hopefully with Roberts coordinating, such disappointments can be avoided.

Nova only called himself Nemesis Prime when he took on The Darkness/was semi-possessed by D-Void. Since D-Void was apparently destroyed during Chaos, and since Nova's still apparently alive (I suspect Dead Universe magic crossed with Ore-14, since I guess you can't technically die in the DU and Ore-14 is similar stuff), I guess he went back to Nova because he's himself again.

Or it is an alternate timeline sort of deal, but I really doubt it. Then again, we did see Orion Pax staring down himself...

4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Oh god dammit, my Headcannon just got completly fucked up...:redface2: 

5. Burningsirius

Burningsirius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What are you talking about, the whole point of Prowl's betrayal was that no one recognized it. No one recognized that he wasn't himself. When you are mind controlled by someone who doesn't know you inside and out like Bombshell he should of given them tells, but there were none. Why? Because Prowl has a low reputation. Now he has to deal with this, and also his new best friends the Constructicons.

6. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    I agree, that was the best and saddest part about that whole thing...

im suprised Prowl isnt upset at it right now.....Or at least have learned something...But hey the constructicons are cool guys, maybe they'll bring him around.

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    If by "cool guys" you mean "butchers"; we know thanks to Sky-Byte that they did some pretty horrific things during the war.

8. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ Yeah I love how even Metalhawk wouldn't give them the time of day. I'm REALLY looking forward to them being Prowl's new groupies and the self-hatred that should follow.

I think it's interesting how they are sadistic geniuses but they aren't actually really ambitious themselves. They'll latch onto a strong personality...no Megatron around, might as well be Prowl.

9. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Cannon or canon?

10. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prowl learn something I doubt it. In someway Constructicons did some beneficial it splash cold water on Prowl's optics. I don't think deep down Prowl is not emotional he learn how to hide under Logic.

Constructicons just showed Prowl he is really no different from the Decepticons when it came to using people. The attraction is because Prowl uses people and sees them as tools. I honestly doubt a squeaky clean char would have any attraction for the Constructicons.

11. DJW107PRIME

DJW107PRIME Autobot Hero

Ebay:
    I enjoyed it but it felt a bit packed and rushed.

12. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Okay jumping on point for less familiar readers (raises hand), but still assumed a great deal of foreknowledge about what's already going on with this cast. I've read better recaps in other words. The main guts of the story though was fun, and I giggled at the bot (can't recall name) who created Pax's 'call' as his official ringtone. Moments like this lighten the mood without destroying the gravitas. Overall looking forward to seeing where this goes.

13. General Tekno

General Tekno Lugnut Supremor & Arkivist

News Credits:
    You're thinking of Swerve.

And if you liked that you'll love him if you go back and read MTMTE.

14. FantomLibrarian

FantomLibrarian Iaconian Data Coordinator

I think this issue did have a lot to do in order to tie-up everything from the end of Remain in Light and the padding issues of RID but I think it did so admirably. It wasn't perfect but it didn't have to be...it just had to get readers excited for the crossover and place the players on stage. It did feel a bit rushed but not in a horrible McCarthy AHM-ending way, or Costa's 'out-of-ass' method, it just had a lot to do and not much time to do it in. Every major character got a moment or two and we had some tremendous art.

15. Krommdor

Krommdor The Penance Stare

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just read it last night finally and I feel you just summed up the experience well. It certainly got me excited for more, and just as interviews has said, it is a recap/setup in issue 1. Thats it. A jump point for everyone that is real this time. not AHM super retcon.

16. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I liked it.

Anyone noticed the MASSIVE gaps in the Roll Call? Here are a few I'm expecting:
    Getaway
    Alpha Trion
    Metroplex
    Kup
    Megatron
    Soundwave
    Blitzwing
    Needlenose
    Superion
    Rhinox
    Windblade

EDIT: Spoiler'd names are ones I think will show up but aren't confirmed.

17. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The roster may change each issue, with characters like Megatron and Kup only getting added once they're relevant.

18. FantomLibrarian

FantomLibrarian Iaconian Data Coordinator

Agreed. Plus, Rhinox isn't getting a comic is he? I thought he was just a Thrilling 30? Although if he is his wave-mate Doubledealer might just reappear...

Now I'm thinking of a new Needlenose figure...

19. WoundSave

WoundSave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    like furman did in infiltration, there's certainly space in the roster page.

Ratrap mentions his 'bad vibes' ability is a ninth sense., is that meant to imply cybertronians have 8 senses, as compared to human's five?

trying to think what cybertronian senses 6, 7, and 8 would be...

20. WilyMech

WilyMech Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am still hoping for some more. I would like some back ground chars to shine. Like Hound, Trail Cutter, Mirage, Bluestreak come out the worm wood.

I know it is wishful thinking.