'Dark-Brown' Breakaway value?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tuscuttar, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Tuscuttar

Tuscuttar The Cult of Personality

Would he have any selling value?

2. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

I've seen him go for 99p on eBay more than a couple of times. No more or less valuable than the lighter variant.

3. Tuscuttar

Tuscuttar The Cult of Personality

Daym

4. TornadoQuakeX

TornadoQuakeX Decepti-Creep

I've had him MISB since I got him, hoping he'd be worth more, too. That's disappointing. :( 

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Maybe if it was an actual variant rather than a running change...

Because of both how much of RotF Wave 1 was bought up by retailers and how much distribution the running change got, I'd say there are about equal numbers of them around. It got to the point where I was seeing nothing but the darker Breakaways and Sideways at stores.

6. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    The more pertinent question is "Breakaway: Who the hell still wants it and is willing to pay for it?"

I sold the dark brown one for $3+shipping, and even then, I had to find a guy looking for one. Nobody came to me for it.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I wish i had the darker version but i'm content with the original version i guess.

8. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I just sold a MISB Breakaway for $8. Had to ship it to Abu Dabui though. :p 

The question is, how much does Thrust go for now?

9. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    The dark breakaway was also sold in the discount stores like Ross and tjmaxx recently and more could show up in the discount stores.
    I think all the tf1 toys have already gone up in value like any antiques. TF2 toys should also go up in value once the discount stores run out of them.

10. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

it will be a long, long time before any movie toys significantly rise in value. They were everywhere and many were and still are extreme pegwarmers. Same goes for Animated. Most figures from A/E/C aren't worth jack either. Mordern toys made after the late 80's/ early 90's rarely attain the value and command the kind of prices that vintage items do.
    If I recall the sheer amount of Breakaway figures that were in stock at my local TRU's hundreds upon hundreds of them many times being the only figure they had. That toy, much like Armada Smokescreen (another huge shelfwarmer) will most likely never really have any value aside from what someone who might want it is willing to pay which isn't going to be much over retail.

11. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hahaha. The classics line would like to have a word with you. Although I agree with you that lines as a whole do not go up in value there are always a few gems in each line that for reasons no-one can explain skyrocket.

12. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

i'd say it's all a matter of patience and perspective. "Modern" toys eventually won't be moder anymore and will become vintage. Of course the value of vintage toys depends on supply and demand. I think there are a lot more "investment" collectors now than ever before, possibly depressing the future market with gluts of popular toys.