Dark Avengers question

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Macross7, May 20, 2012.

1. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've read a little about the Dark Avengers but havn't read any actual issues yet. So Osborn has villians running around pretending to be Wolverine, Ms Marvel, Hawkeye & Spiderman. Now I can tell just by looking at the pics that it isn't Wolverine because the claws aren't the same and Venom is much larger then Parker even without being 'total venom'.

So does the general public know these are not the real heroes or are they fooled into thinking Wolverine & Spiderman are on Osborn's side. I'd give a pass on Ms Marvel & Hawkeye since the person faking them looks like them.

Also, I know the real heroes are still around. Why didn't they just go on TV and publically call out Osborn. "I Spiderman do not support Osborn & he has a fake me". Hell just challenge Dark Avengers to a fight while a camera crew is around so they see there are doubles. Frankly if I was them I'd just slander the crap out of Osborn on TV. "You know Norman is addicted to heroine & is always looking at pictures of little boys."

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The premise is that the "heroes" in the avengers are the real ones in the eyes of the public, as they're the ones doing photo ops and being backed by the government and Hammer as the legitimate avengers. I guess people have a lot of trust for the avengers, and any potential problems (arising from Venom and Bullseye being homicidal maniacs, for example) are swept under the rug.

I imagine the real heroes didn't use a public outlet to announce the ruse because they figured there'd be reprisals, that the information would be suppressed, and because doing so would reveal their position for long enough for Osborne to come down on them. So they waited for Osborne to overplay his hand.

3. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Keep in mind, the non-powered citizens of the Marvel universe are deeply, deeply, deeply stupid. The average person of the MU will believe damn near anything and can switch from loving admiration to blind hatred for the same individual or group at the drop of a hat.

Hell, Osborn tried the same shit a couple months ago and, even though he was widely known to be a criminal and terrorist, half of New York still turned up outside of Avengers mansion to protest the Avengers on his word alone.

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    HAMMER had a hell of a spin department.

I don't think the public are that knowledgeable about heroes so passing off Venom and Daken as Spider man and Wolverine is plausible enough (in the Marvel U anyway.) Also I'm trying to remember if Hawkeye or someone DID go on TV to renounce the 'Avengers' but all it did was bring Pro registration forces on them or something?

5. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    This really annoyed me, but mostly I blame Bendis for being lazy. I mean geez, he pulled the Dark Avengers thing twice and essentially wrote the same story with the same outcome (Osborn recruits villains, turns them into Dark Avengers, turns public against Avengers, Avengers fight Dark Avengers, Osborn gets whupped) all spread out in glorious talky and decompressed fashion.

6. geerave

geerave Well-Known Member

if you imagine what it must be like day to day in 616. for a normal guy just trying to live your life, you probably cant even drive to work without a super villian trying to blow up the express way. its easy to imagine they would want to believe osborn when he says "real" super heroes are to blame but my heroes will stop this and keep you safe. its a great concept, it just often falls flat because bendis is past his prime