Daredevil Reboot

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Primus5289, May 5, 2012.

1. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

I will go on record and say I like the director's cut of the first Daredevil but it could have been so much better. Now since Fox is making a reboot of Daredevil (my all time favorite comic character) so the rights don't revert back to Marvel (don't you hate that reasoning for a movie being made) what would you like to see happen and who would you like to see wear the horns.

Early talks are the new movie could follow the "Born Again" storyline (‘Daredevil’ Reboot Getting a Rewrite | Screen Rant) and could tie in to the previous film but that is just a rumor at this point. Me personally I don't care what story they go with as long as it ends up being a good movie. As far as casting goes I'm going with Timothy Olyphant because I think he'd be awesome as Daredevil. So there's my two cents have at it everybody.

2. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    What about the guy from Castle show?

3. Primus5289

Who Nathan Fillion? That could work too. I guess I always see him as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern and forget that he could play someone else.

4. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    Yeah he would have made a great Hal Jordan...he could do it....

5. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    I have the answer to the question "Who should play Daredevil?".

Chuck Norris.

6. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Actually my favorite DD tale is Man without fear(which would play well as a movie), though really if they did Born again, it wouldn't quite work. It needs to be part of the marvel universe movie series to work well as Cap plays a large roll in that story arc, and Nuke is another attempt at remaking the Erskine formula that went bad.

But there are plenty of other DD stories they could go with that don't connect to the rest of the Marvel U and would work better as a movie.

Ideally though, I think DD would make a better Tv series than a movie series

The stories are down to earth, you can do an entire episode in the court room to save money on an episode, the main baddies are mostly non powered and other than his radar powers, he's not super powered, so the budget would be on fights, not super powers. It's perfect for TV.

If Marvel had the TV rights even though Fox had the movie ones, I say go for it.

7. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Olyphant. Make it happen.

8. Primus5289

I was just talking about this the other day with a friend of mine. I was telling him about the upcoming Hulk and Green Arrow TV shows and we were talking about what other comic characters would work for TV and I said Daredevil. It'd be like Law and Order with a superhero. I'd love for that to happen.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I kinda can see Michael C. Hall doing a great job as Daredevil. He can play more than just siller killer vigilante you know?

But we need Michael Clarke Duncan back as Kingpin I really quite liked him in the role.

10. Primus5289

Agreed about MCD he was perfect as Kingpin. And I could see Micheal C. Hall working as Daredevil.