Daredevil #83 - Is it true? And who is the new Daredevil?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by thefrozenred, Mar 26, 2006.

1. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Spoilers abound....but nothing we haven't already read in solicits.

So...spoiler? This issue opened with the funeral for Foggy Nelson.

Real spoiler: the cop that allowed Foggy to be stabbed was found dead. Killed by a street gang.

And the last page, when Urich is talking to Dakota North - she says that, in the ambulance, they claimed that Foggy was "stabilizing." Which implies that he died in the HOSPITAL...not in view of Dakota. And, it was also implied that Murdock didn't attend Foggy's viewing, only the burial...in which case he wouldn't have been able to correctly identify whether or not it was actually his friend.

Basically, Brubaker is dropping clues that Foggy may NOT actually be dead - is it so implausible for Fisk to manipulate those in the hospital to fake Foggy's death, where they can then replace him with a decoy while Foggy himself is held captive somewhere?

It would make more sense, wouldn't it? Make Matt believe his best friend had been murdered, let him go over the edge, and right when he's most feral, most dangerous, reveal that Foggy IS still alive and that he still has something to live for, thus making him incredibly dangerous and manipulable. It'd be a classic Fisk move.

I know the Daredevil readers on this board are far and few between, but what does everyone else think of this arc so far? I'm really enjoying it, but I'm going to be really disappointed if Foggy is in fact dead.

EDIT: Oh, and my vote for the new Daredevil is the new White Tiger. True, we can't see the amulets, but that doesn't mean they aren't being store on the belt or aren't hidden somewhere. Also, given Murdock's speech to her the last few times they met, it would make sense for her to feel responsible to take up the mantle upon his departure.

2. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

3. thefrozenred

thefrozenred 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ebay:
    Should've looked beyond page 1.. :-/ Sorry all.