Dante's Inferno. Use spoiler tags or be sent to Purgatory

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jdre_124, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Apparently it's not required at EVERY high school(college I can't say). I've never read it, nor was I ever required to. Romeo and Juliet, Moby Dick, Of Mice and Men; those I remember I was. But Dante's Inferno? I don't remember it ever even being mentioned in any of my English or Lit classes.

Anyway dude, does it really matter? Really? You're taking this spoiler thing awfully personally. If it were some other game you personally were excited about playing and somebody spoiled it, you'd probably be pissed too. Just show some simple consideration for your fellow gamers, that's all.

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    Descended into one of the final Circles this morning. Getting a bit annoyed with some of the jumps using R1. You know, when you double jump from one rappel to grab to the next line and the damn controls keep rappelling back to the previous.

Grrrrrrrrr.....:D 

3. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

Has anyone else found game breaking bugs yet. I got the game last night and I've had to completely restart once and just now I have to go back two levels to an old save because my current save won't let me progress any further.

I'm quite frustrated and kind of wishing I hadn't bought he game.

4. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    I just finished the game last night on my PS3 and had no glitches the whole play-through.

But you are certainly not alone. They seriously need to patch this game. My advice to you is either, go ahead and play and be sure to save at every Beatrice Statue you find or wait for the patch.

I really enjoyed this game for the most part if it hadn't been for some of the annoying platforming it often took to get from circle to circle.

I think that the damn platforming was harder than ANY of the bosses I faced. Seriously. And I've played LOTS of Tomb Raider in my time and none of those games had the kind of sadistic platforming this game had. Then again, it IS Hell we are talking about here. hahahahaha

Well done to Visceral if they intentionally made the platforming design a pain in the ass on purpose. They succeeded. :D 

5. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

They take PRIDE in your suffering

6. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    I think so. :rock :D 

7. blumpy2000

blumpy2000 PENGUINS CAN'T FLY!!!

I was saving at every statue, but the problem I had was that I only had one current save file. Thank god I had accidently created a new save a while ago. I picked the game back up last night and I'm back to where I was before the snafu, so it's all gravy again.

The platforming is VERY annoying, especially without a movable camera. I'm pretty sure falling off cliffs is 75% of my deaths. For some reason I have awful depth perception with this game. It only makes matters worse that I'm so used to the right thumbstick being the camera control that I dash myself off the edge all the time. There'll be no baddies in sight and Dante will apparently think it's just not worth it to go on, and backwards summersault into lava or something.

Other than that though, the game's really fun.

8. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I had a really crapy week at work, I felt killing sinners and unbatised babies so I picked up Dante's Inferno and here's my opinion on it. It's an okay game, but it's not worth $65 imo. After beating the game once I traded it in for Beyonetta.

Other then that, if Viceral wants to turn this game into a franchise, then I'm super curious as to how they are going to do so.

9. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

For those that are interested in the Numbers

Dante's Inferno sold less than a 100 Thousand Units
    Dante's Inferno story will be continued through DLC chapters only

Purgatory, and Paradise are up in the air as even having the chance to
    be adapted.

EA Should have waited until aft God of War III Was released to cash in on the GOW Community

10. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Buttstuff Werewolf

News Credits:
    Link?

11. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

As neutral as I am about Inferno. I'd still like to see Purgatory, only to see the game deigners interpretation of Purgatory. Viceral Game's idea of Hell was incredible.

12. Human Beastbox

News Credits:
    Hmphh.

Interesting indeed. A damn shame, too, considering that the game is pretty awesome, despite it's flaws. In fact, there are few games that don't have flaws.

13. BlastersVault

BlastersVault Well-Known Member

I loved this game. Getting your souls maxed out really makes things very easy even on the hardest difficulty.