Dante's Inferno. Use spoiler tags or be sent to Purgatory

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by jdre_124, Dec 13, 2009.

1. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    Ok, so I saw a few people are interested in this in the 2010 Most Wanted thread which is kinda strange considering no one has even created a thread for it!

Has anyone been keeping up with the developer diaries? I think there pretty damn cool and can't wait to play Gluttony, mainly because of Ceberus. What a whacked out design that thing has.

[​IMG]

Nightmare fuel...

Oh and FYI for those who don't know, when you pre-order the game you get a Dante's Inferno 7 inch figure from NECA. This is going to be the only way to get it too in the US so I'd hop on it if you're not broke like I am. ¬_¬

[​IMG]

Too bad knowing my ass sucking GS will probably have no clue about the free figure and try to worm out of it.

I'm quickly falling for this studio for there enjoyment of making some weird looking monsters, especially after Dead Space.

2. j3

j3 Kiefer is my Big Boss TFW2005 Supporter

Loved the demo. Very God of War through the Circles of Hell, and that's just fine with me. It comes out nearly 2 months before GoW3 so that'll tide me over after I finish playing through Collection. I pre-ordered at Gamestop for the free figure too. Hopefully it'll be better than my last free figure, McFarlane's Rookie with ODST, that thing broke so quick.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I played the demo through. It's not "like" God of War. It is an almost direct copy of it. From button layout to camera to boss fights. It's an unabashed God of War clone. But it's a very competent clone. And if you liked God of War, there's no reason people won't enjoy this.

4. Johnator

Johnator 'Til All Are Gone!

Looks like a good game and I don't mind a GOW clone as long as it is enjoyable to play.

5. the (H)i(GH)con

the (H)i(GH)con raver-in-diguise

Just played the demo myself yesterday, and this is 100% truth. It's JUST LIKE GOW! Still, I thought the demo was pretty good. I'll probably pick this one up.

6. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, it's definitely fun. The demo is worth playing through. If the final game lives up to what the demo promises it may just be worth investing in.

7. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thought the same thing, especially when I got to the first Green Health depository, but for some reason I still enjoyed it a lot, so clone or not, it's still fun. It's not like most FPS aren't almost exact clones of the last 10 years, yet still manage to be entertaining.

8. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I'm really wondering how powerful the cross will become down the road. It's supposed to be equivelent to the Sythe but so far just a dash attack and a ranged although cooling looking move aren't much.

9. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Finally got around downloading the demo yesterday. While I'm in the "OMG, GOW RIPOFF!" clan, I still enjoyed it. But I'll admit, it is a bit too close to GOW to my liking. Hopefully the full version will have different elements to separate the two franchises.

10. silentdarth

silentdarth Josie's Daddy

Ebay:
    It's a very pretty game. I didn't know they were making God of War 2.5. I agree with others that if it's good, I'll consider it, but it'll either be a used purchase, or it better have an awesome collector's edition.

11. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    A Dante's Inferno thread

Found it hard to believe there wasn't already a thread about this game! It may end up/be a God of War clone but that's fine by me.
    I love those types of games (beat 'em ups).

Anyways, I pre-ordered a copy for my PS3 a while back and I'm picking it up today after work.

Seriously can't wait! Anyone else either have this game yet or plan on picking it up today??

12. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

Got 7 hours ago just entered the 3rd Ring of Hell

13. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'll rent it. No desire to buy it.

14. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    Ditto. Gamespot only gave it a 6/10. I'm not running to the store to buy it.

15. Joe Moore

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Even the reviews that gave it high scores all said the same thing. It's a God of War knock off without the ultimate thrill that God of War games had offered. The demo was decent but not great.

Plus, I am a huge fan of the source material. Seeing it used to this end always left a bad taste in my mouth. Having sat through the awful tie-in animated movie, which spoils 99% of the game, I am in no rush to play through this.

16. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Only a month until GOW3 comes out, so I'll just wait. Plenty to play in the meantime.

17. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I've read the mixed reviews as well, read the poem back in high school and loved it, but I'm giving this game the benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully it won't mean my $60 straight down the crapper. :D 

18. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It shouldn't. I played the demo. The game is not broken, and does not suck, so if you enjoyed the source material and don't mind this adaptation of it, you probably won't be disappointed. The demo is enjoyable and does not show signs of crappy gameplay.

19. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I liked the demo but my Xbox is currently in the Terminus systems for the time being.
    Also, I think this is an interesting use of the source material.
    But I wonder how much of the inspiration comes from Devil May Cry.
    That series has Dante, Virgil, and Luia as well as defining the current state of beat 'em ups.

20. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I liked the demo but my Xbox is currently in the Terminus systems for the time being.
    Also, I think this is an interesting use of the source material.
    But I wonder how much of the inspiration comes from Devil May Cry.
    That series has Dante, Virgil, and Luia as well as defining the current state of beat 'em ups.