Dangit. I need to learn to be more patient.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by TacomaPrime, Dec 29, 2010.

1. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It would save me lots of money in the long run.
    wanted another sea spray. bought one last night off HTS for 20 bucks. after shipping and tax the total was 28.50 or so.
    Went to return some pants today at our farm and fleet (kind of like lowes) they were clearancing out their toys. They only have toys at xmas time. I wandered over there just to see what they had. They had sea spray clearanced to 16 bucks. With tax it probably would have been 18.

Grrrrrrrrr.

2. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Lesson learned...

3. Pimpimus Prime

Pimpimus Prime (┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐) TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's not that good of a price anyway. Walmart had it for $16 for months.

4. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now you know

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah. Online shopping should always be a "last ditch effort" of sorts. But that's just me, I personally don't like the thought of buying something I don't have in hand to look at.

6. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    AMAZOn had them for $12.99 before Xmas...i think someone in the Deal/COUPONS section post it..

7. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    THis. I try to avoid buying figures online unless they are vintage or import stuff.

8. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... Where do you live if you don't mind me asking? Just asking because I know you collect Henkei and other Japanese releases. If you get to handle Japanese stuff I'm going to be really jealous lol. I'd love to go into a store and just choose what Henkei or United figure I wanted.

9. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Ah well, it happens some times. There are also time when being too patient kills it. I missed out completely on the 2010 Dino Megazord that way. Dude's going for something like $60 on Amazon.

MUST RESIST OBLIGATORY GI JOE REFERENCE

10. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Seattle has a nice import store that Kusanagi and most of the locals frequent (I have yet to make the trip). Met the owner at Cybcon and he is solid. I almost fear visiting cause I will probably drop a whole bunch of cash being able to hold some of the import stuff in hand, and would probably frequent the place a whole lot more after that.

As far as the topic, patence is a tough skill for transformers collectors to acquire. Hell, when I got back into it (and was picking up 25th ann Joes for my cousin), I was going to Walmart at midnight when they restocked many times per week. I would always get stuck buying a snack, a vitamin water, and something else I didn't need and the trips would cost me a lot in the longrun. With mass retail stuff, I have finally taken the "I'll find it when I find it" approach, and have networked with the other locals where we have our backs.

On the bright side, atleast it was only a $10 mistake and not $50-$100.

11. Jlogano20

Jlogano20 Speed Gunner

News Credits:
    thinking exact same thing

12. Philip164

Philip164 Board Member

News Credits:
    Ditto

13. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    It'd be lovely to have that luxury.

14. Wyvern

Wyvern Velvet Sanchez

News Credits:
    Wow. I'd love/hate a shop like that here. Lol. Hmmm... potential business opportunity???

We all experience lack of patience at least once in our hobby. Took me a while to learn..

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I've learned that lesson the hard way also.

16. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I won't. And knowing is half the battle! (Interestingly enough, Seaspray was in one of those PSA's!)

I can sympathize though. I bought the Animated two packs-the ones with Shockwave and Sunstorm-for $50 total. I think it was only two days later that they accidentally went on sale for $5 each!

17. kamuix

kamuix weeeeee

no worries, you're not the only one in the same boat. this happened to me numerous times. temptation to get things early is hard. i bought tracks off bbts for 20 bucks. waltzed into a target for fun and saw it on sale for 8.99. i was smashing my head for a while :D 

18. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, what Barrelks said. There's a shop in Chinatown with a back corner that's nothing but Japanese Transformers; Henkei, Encore, Alternity, etc. He's also got Japanese Animated in. He's still iffy on picking up United, seeing as there isn't that drastic of a difference between them and Generations/RtS like there was with Henkei.

But yeah, the guy's cool. Always willing to let me rifle through a couple figures to pick up the one with the best paint apps and all that. And that's not just me, really he's like that for regulars. People he knows are collectors.

Plus he doesn't really charge any more than most online stores.

Really cool place. Shame it's really the last place to get import TFs around here anymore. There used to be a couple more owned by other guys around the area.

19. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think online ordering for anything that is or will be available at mass retail should always be a last resort. Anything imported I go ahead and order online though since the nearest import stores that I know of are way up in NYC and it's a $25 round trip train ride to get there.

20. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 The F*cking Lizard King! Veteran

News Credits:
    Wait a minute! You guys still have a Quality Farm & Fleet? All of ours have long since been taken over by, or renamed as, Tractor Supply Plus.

Fond memory: the only Gestalt I owned as a Kid I won from Farm & Fleet... Go-Bots Monterous