Dangerous Loose Ends (Cybertron continuity)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Fiction' started by VectorPrime404, Jun 20, 2010.

1. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

A note:
    * In my personal canon, Cybertron is not a sequel to Armada and Energon with a Crisis on Infinite Earths situation. I don't care what the club comic says, it's pretty weak.

WARNING! MAJOR-ASS SPOILERS FOR ANYBODY WHO HASN'T SEEN THE WHOLE CARTOON! If you haven't seen it, see it on YouTube, get the DVDs, or read the episode summaries on TFWiki.

DANGEROUS LOOSE ENDS
    Chapter 1: Thundercracker Escapes

"Mph-argh-Slaggit!" Thundercracker pulled his head out of the Martian ground. "I am NOT gonna git dragged back into bein' a Decepticon. I'm goin' back to the Autobots, and you can't stop me!"

"Oh yeah?!" challenged Crumplezone, who charged at him with fists ready. "You think I can't take a pipsqueak like you?!" Crumplezone had forgotten that Thundercracker, when he put his mind to it, was a dangerous fighter indeed. There was a reason he'd been Megatron's second lieutenant.

"SUPER ELECTRIC LIGHTNIN' THUNDERCRACKIN' PUNCH!" Thundercracker charged up a field of electricity around his body, drew his right arm back, then flew at Crumplezone and rammed his fist into him. The massive three-wheeler went flying. Ransack and Thunderblast's jaws dropped.

They did not have much time to gawk, for Thundercracker opened fire on them. After taking a shot in the chest, Ransack transformed to motorcycle mode and ran off to look for his friend. Thunderblast drew her rocket launcher and got in a few hits, but Thundercracker countered by summoning his Cyber Key. It slid into the slot on the butt of his arm cannon, lifting the gun's hood and supercharging it. He blasted the ground under Thunderblast's feet to rubble, causing her to fall into a crater.

With the other three down for the moment, Thundercracker was clear to leave. He transformed to jet mode and took off. Can I still open a warp gate? he wondered. He tried and managed to open a Fire Dimension gate to Earth.

Coby Hansen was busy working on his latest tinkering project when he noticed a fiery reflection on a metal panel. "A Fire Dimension portal? Who could be opening one of those?" He ran out to get a better look, and sighed with relief when he saw it was Thundercracker. Coby waved to the gray-and-blue jet. "Hey, Thundercracker! Where've you been? You disappeared during the launch."

Thundercracker transformed and landed by him. "I done saw a ramshackle-lookin' rocket takin' off and went to check it out. Turned out Ransack, Crumplezone, and Thunderblast quit tryin' to fit in and decided to become the 'New Decepticon Army'. I got too close and Crumplezone shanghaied me aboard.

"We got as far as Mars, and then wrecked. I got stuck in the ground. Man was I ticked. Got myself out and told 'em I was leavin'. Crumplezone tried to tackle me but I got him. Ransack took one 'a ma shots and ran off. Thunderblast hit me a couple times but then Ah blew up the ground she was on. Gave me time to scram."

"I'm glad you're back and safe. So those jokers want to be the 'New Decepticon Army'?" Coby asked. "Heh. Yeah." Both tried and failed to suppress their laughter. "Crumplezone's dumb as a brick and Ransack's a total wuss. Jolt could defeat those two. And Thunderblast... okay, she's dangerous," Coby conceded. "I guess yer right there," agreed Thundercracker. "Nothing we can't beat, though. We've got you, Signal Lancer, Longrack, and Crosswise to start with. And Hot Shot on Velocitron and Scourge and Snarl on Jungle Planet..."

"I almost fergot them. With all that, we kin handle any of those idjits. I'm still kinda nervous, though." "Me too, Thundercracker. But we can't let that get us down." "No way. Say, Coby, I'm a bit dinged up from Thunderblast's rockets. Can you fix me?"

Coby smiled and nodded. "You'll be right as rain in no time." "Thanks. Say, whatcha been workin' on here?" "Oh, something special for Lori. She's going to love it."

END CHAPTER.

Comments and Constructive criticism, please. I can't do any more without input.

2. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Please may I have some reviews?

3. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Delete this post please. I put this post in the wrong topic.

4. snavej

snavej 5th Dan garage tidier

News Credits:
    So, you are trying to contine the 'Cybertron' storyline. I watched that a few years ago. It was OK since the computer animation made it look more professional. However, there was too much 'showboating' where the characters showed off their transformations, Cyber Keys and powers. That's not so important now, though.

Turning to this continuation, I'd like to see one of these surviving Decepticons come up with a decent plan for avoiding destruction by the Autobots and then achieving something beyond that. They really need more troops. Is there somewhere that new Decepticons can be found?

Alternatively, the Decepticons could be hunted down and captured by the triumphant Autobots. Would they be put to work as slaves? Would they be put in prison? Could they escape? Could they do some secret project during their captivity?

The problem with Decepticons is that they have a lot of enthusiasm and energy but not so much in the way of intelligence. They need a bright and strict leader to keep them in check and give them things to do. In zoological terms, they need an 'alpha' type to lead them. If they don't have a leader, they will soon be neutralised by the Autobots or even other do-gooders with sufficient power. They become an endangered species.

What will Thundercracker do? Those other Decepticons will pursue him as long as they can. He'll have to try to deal with them. What forces does he have to do this?

When I'm doing my writing, I spend most of my time thinking of how things would most likely turn out. The actual writing of the words is quite quick once I've got the general thrust of the matter straight in my head. If a story is not properly thought through, it meanders and doesn't go anywhere satisfying.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  5. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

Hee-hee, I personally liked the showboating.

Oh, one of the Decepticons definitely will do something. I'm going to have Thunderblast be that 'alpha' type. As for other troops there's non-show characters like Brushguard, Hardtop, Swindle, Runamuck, Buzzsaw, Shortround, Cannonball, Skywarp. Plus some OCs. They're out there somewhere, the tattered remains of the Decepticon army. Hanging like loose ends, as it were. This would be one of the reasons for the title. And Thunderblast will seek them out. It may take her years to gather them, but she will.

Thundercracker is back with the Autobots. And he can take care of himself fairly well, he wasn't Megatron's 2nd lieutenant for nothing. Some additional training with Jetfire and Scourge will be happening, though. Thundercracker isn't high on Thunderblast's priority list right now. Too much of a hassle, and they don't know where he went for sure.

As for what Autobots do with Decepticon prisoners? In most cases, reform school. At which we may see Bud teaching classes.

6. Ayleron

Ayleron Autobot Vanguard

I lime what you have going so far. your "plans" sound promisng so far. i would maybe suggest toning down thundecrackers accent a bit, but thats just me. Is thundercracker going to be one of the or the central character(s)?

7. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

He won't be in the background, that's for sure.